Disable Rally/Downstate

Disable Rally/Downstate

in Suggestions

Posted by: snizzle.6143

snizzle.6143

As many said before this game favours the lowskilled players unless they are more player.

Its more effektiv to play stupid classes where you just need to press button 1 and 2 than complex ones that need a lot of timing and movement just to make at least the same damage.

And the think that realy pi****s me off it the rally and the downstate.
If you play in a smale group of skilled players agains a bigger group of stupid players, you always end up dieing of fleeing.
Thats all because of:
1. the abilitys in the downstate to prevent stomping
2. The Quick ress from the others
3.the rally if just 1 died.

If you play in a smale group you dont have the time to stomp your targets even when they need 3 attemts to do thaty or if you have to use CD abilitys.
If than just 1 died the rest of the downed players will instandly be alive again. That cant be.

Hixi Pixi – The Elementalist -Asura – Riverside (ger) – (Zornig)

Disable Rally/Downstate

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

Downed state/rally is what makes GW2 unique. If there wasn’t either of them I’d go back to WoW, I’m sorry but it’s the truth. If you do not like downed state/rally, you don’t truly like GW2.

Facts.

Disable Rally/Downstate

in Suggestions

snizzle.6143

its ok fpr pve but that is nothing that belongs to the WvW zone

Disable Rally/Downstate

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sniku.6837

Sniku.6837

disable down state

Disable Rally/Downstate

in Suggestions

Posted by: SatyrBuddy.1586

SatyrBuddy.1586

I completely disagree with everything you said.

Its more effektiv to play stupid classes where you just need to press button 1 and 2 than complex ones that need a lot of timing and movement just to make at least the same damage.

… I refuse to believe that this is a serious opinion. Its either based entirely off of conjecture or butthurt of being roflstoped.

If you play in a smale group of skilled players agains a bigger group of stupid players, you always end up dieing of fleeing.

Ha . Being outnumbered is usually an enormous disadvantage. Assuming everyone involved is perfectly average in skill then simply being outnumbered is a surefire way to die. This is true of any good game.

Thats all because of:
1. the abilitys in the downstate to prevent stomping

Yes but only once and downed players are still susceptible to conditions. Stability will disable any kind of CC they have against you and position based downed skills will still be a largely crippled by cripple(lol), bleed, and burning.

2. The Quick ress from the others

When people are downed they are removed form virtually any meaningful presence in the battle. Having to res someone also removes you from the battle. Quickness, while it does double the res speed, is not sustainable and some builds require it for burst whatever. So by helping the person that was downed they completely RUIN their damage/support/cc output.

3.the rally if just 1 died.

Death is in two stages. Downed and dead. To rally something must reach the dead state. So unless you have a heavy death penalty, which lowers how much hp you have when you down, then you should usually win if your opponent was downed before you (assuming 1v1).

If you play in a smale group you dont have the time to stomp your targets even when they need 3 attemts to do thaty or if you have to use CD abilitys.

Yes you do. CC/get stability then do it. If you dont have these then you didnt equip yourself to get a guaranteed kill. Even if those things are on 1-2 minute CDs you cant just blow everything you have just because its out. This isnt a DPS race like WoW and most of your skills arnt designed to have straight dps. They are all CD based because of their utility. Situational awareness is key and knowing when to bet, play, bluff, and fold is the only thing that will win you matches.

If than just 1 died the rest of the downed players will instandly be alive again. That cant be.

Thats that persons fault for sticking around with such low health or possibly yours for not helping them up to prevent a mass rally.

(edited by SatyrBuddy.1586)

Disable Rally/Downstate

in Suggestions

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

I like the downed state functions, but i do wish there was a quick command or somewhere to click to just kill yourself… I’ve had a number of instances where moron NPCs trying to rez me and improperly resetting mobs kept the downed agony going for 5 minutes… sometimes I also just want to get it done and move to the next thing because it’s frequently very obvious right away if you have the slightest chance to pull it together.

That being said, the system is quite nice overall, always a rush to go for it when you think you can make it xD
This does bring up a pretty harsh point from real life, knowing your screwed and that it won’t be fast or light as a feather must REALLY be a terrible feeling…

Disable Rally/Downstate

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I dislike the current implementation of downed-state and agree it can be frustrating and result in poor game-play at times. But I don’t think it’s inherently flawed.

Two minor changes would address most issues I have with it.

1. Direct Damage should interrupt any kind of rezzing process. Anyone should be able to interrupt a rezz, not just those with a daze or stun.

2. No more rezzing of dead (not downed) players while in combat. This should limit the impact rezzing has in WvW, actually making it possible to kill zergs.

Disable Rally/Downstate

in Suggestions

snizzle.6143

the normal ress is ok. That needs many players or a long time.
But the Rally is the real bad issue.
Just as dee Jay said. The ress process of a downed player should be easier to interrupt.

It would be better if they go directly down without rally and downstate. So that the ress needs some time.

Disable Rally/Downstate

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fook.3914

Fook.3914

this is gw2 if u dont like it go play other mmo with no down state.