Display our real level?

Display our real level?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drakortha.6974

Drakortha.6974

Hi.

I was hoping when exploring lower tier areas as a level 66 players could see what level I am. Instead they only see the level I am nerfed down to with a down arrow. I think it would be better to show the players actually level beside the nerfed level so players can recognize the higher level players, see what kind of gear they are wearing, or ask for help with a difficult event.

Ranger, Warrior, Guardian

Display our real level?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal.2376

Kal.2376

Hum… Ok… I just don’t see the reason for this. Does it matter if you are higher level than other people in an area? Since we are all scaled down, it really makes no difference.

Display our real level?

in Suggestions

Drakortha.6974

Hum… Ok… I just don’t see the reason for this. Does it matter if you are higher level than other people in an area? Since we are all scaled down, it really makes no difference.

Well firstly it would make me feel more progressed and experienced, and other players could see that. As it is now high level players are hard to notice unless they are wearing eye catching armor or if you are in one of the home cities. It’s also nice to know what players actual levels are out of curiosity instead of having to whisper them for it.

Display our real level?

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

Well firstly it would make me feel more progressed and experienced, and other players could see that. As it is now high level players are hard to notice unless they are wearing eye catching armor or if you are in one of the home cities.

So you think it would impress people if you go into a newbie area and they can see you are level 66? lol.

As for nice armor, just ask nicely. IF they want to tell you they will. Some people spend a lot of time finding a cool outfit and they don’t want it cloned.

Display our real level?

in Suggestions

Drakortha.6974

Well firstly it would make me feel more progressed and experienced, and other players could see that. As it is now high level players are hard to notice unless they are wearing eye catching armor or if you are in one of the home cities.

So you think it would impress people if you go into a newbie area and they can see you are level 66? lol.

As for nice armor, just ask nicely. IF they want to tell you they will. Some people spend a lot of time finding a cool outfit and they don’t want it cloned.

You are missing the point. I am only asking that we have more ways of getting info about other players. Using the HUD we can see their health, profession, guild, and buffs. So why not their combat level? It makes more sense than many of the options we already have.

Display our real level?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

It matters for look for dungeons parties, it’s like without need to they enter party to see level, sometimes we need to kick because people who join are not the dungeon level. ~~

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Display our real level?

in Suggestions

Drakortha.6974

It matters for look for dungeons parties, it’s like without need to they enter party to see level, sometimes we need to kick because people who join are not the dungeon level. ~~

Good point, this would solve that issue as well.

Display our real level?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal.2376

Kal.2376

Well, I still see no reason for it. It does not add much to the game, it just adds another number to the player display. It can even confuse newbies a bit (“Drakortha 4 66, what does it mean?”). I think it’s fine as it is, and adding that extra number does not add much.

Display our real level?

in Suggestions

Drakortha.6974

Well, I still see no reason for it. It does not add much to the game, it just adds another number to the player display. It can even confuse newbies a bit (“Drakortha 4 66, what does it mean?”). I think it’s fine as it is, and adding that extra number does not add much.

Maybe have 66 (downarrow) 4? If people can figure out bleed damage and criticals I’m pretty sure they can figure out what that means.

Display our real level?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

It can be helpful in many DE/PvE occasions. Suppose you are trying to challenge a Skill Challenge or a Veteran or a Boss that you find it impossible to solo. Now there is a player near you with a down arrow. If you are level 14 and it is a level 14 challenge, you don’t know you can do it with two or not. If he is down from level 15, it does not make any difference, but if he is something like 60→14, sure you know it is likely you can make it. Some challenges are still hard with two unless you assume everyone is well geared and skillful.

Display our real level?

in Suggestions

Drakortha.6974

It can be helpful in many DE/PvE occasions. Suppose you are trying to challenge a Skill Challenge or a Veteran or a Boss that you find it impossible to solo. Now there is a player near you with a down arrow. If you are level 14 and it is a level 14 challenge, you don’t know you can do it with two or not. If he is down from level 15, it does not make any difference, but if he is something like 60->14, sure you know it is likely you can make it. Some challenges are still hard with two unless you assume everyone is well geared and skillful.

Exactly this, I couldn’t put it better myself. The only reason levels exist is to measure someones combat ability. So whats the point of them if people can’t see it?