Do not link AP to events

Do not link AP to events

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Anet you need to get away from linking achievement points to permanent events etc to the game,

You made the new Teq part of living story, and gave it its own achievement points rewards for the event, now that people have them, the event is dead, there is no incentive to go there at all, the drops are bad, the event is poorly thought out, and no matter how much you talk it up about increasing drops its still not worth it,

You have also linked the new TA path to achievement points, again once people get these points they will stop doing this path, because lets face it when you get the full AP available this path is to long, you could run the 2 other paths of TA/HotW/CoF in the same time it takes to get past this one, and probably walk away with the same rewards,

I know that from the day the game was released you have never gotten the rewards Vs time invested right, you always fall back on this game destroying RnG system,

If you want to make AP’s available for new things in the game via LS that’s fine, as most LS is tempory, but do not link them to permanent addon’s to the game, as they end up being game destroying.

Do not link AP to events

in Suggestions

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I see no problem with this. The points are there for the players who want to work at them. As they are not a requirement there is no problem. If your not wanting to put the effort into the required task its no fault of anets.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Do not link AP to events

in Suggestions

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

Anet you need to get away from linking achievement points to permanent events etc to the game,

You made the new Teq part of living story, and gave it its own achievement points rewards for the event, now that people have them, the event is dead, there is no incentive to go there at all, the drops are bad, the event is poorly thought out, and no matter how much you talk it up about increasing drops its still not worth it,

You have also linked the new TA path to achievement points, again once people get these points they will stop doing this path, because lets face it when you get the full AP available this path is to long, you could run the 2 other paths of TA/HotW/CoF in the same time it takes to get past this one, and probably walk away with the same rewards,

I know that from the day the game was released you have never gotten the rewards Vs time invested right, you always fall back on this game destroying RnG system,

If you want to make AP’s available for new things in the game via LS that’s fine, as most LS is tempory, but do not link them to permanent addon’s to the game, as they end up being game destroying.

first people complain about content being to easy then they complain about LS dont add perma content and now they complain about AP’s for perma content. what is next, “content to hard nerf it so i can get my free loot”

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

Do not link AP to events

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

I see no problem with this. The points are there for the players who want to work at them. As they are not a requirement there is no problem. If your not wanting to put the effort into the required task its no fault of anets.

I love the way you assume that I do not put the effort into the game, seeing as a cleared 10k AP’s over a month ago, id say I put a good bit of effort into the game,

Had you BOTH actually read what I wrote, instead of what you wanted to read you would see that I suggested removing the AP from perm content, because when new perm content that is challenging is completed people do not go back to it, could you imagine being new to the game now and trying to get the reward to kill TEQ, LMFAO good luck.

Most people who even only play an hour a day can get the AP’s linked to the LS content in the 2-4week period that the are available, in 2 weeks from now there will be very few people running that new TA path, ( me personally I have it complete, but as its not all about me ) that’s why I suggested that above approach.

Do not link AP to events

in Suggestions

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I love the way you assume that I do not put the effort into the game, seeing as a cleared 10k AP’s over a month ago, id say I put a good bit of effort into the game,

Had you BOTH actually read what I wrote, instead of what you wanted to read you would see that I suggested removing the AP from perm content, because when new perm content that is challenging is completed people do not go back to it, could you imagine being new to the game now and trying to get the reward to kill TEQ, LMFAO good luck.

Most people who even only play an hour a day can get the AP’s linked to the LS content in the 2-4week period that the are available, in 2 weeks from now there will be very few people running that new TA path, ( me personally I have it complete, but as its not all about me ) that’s why I suggested that above approach.

I read your post the first time. I even went back and re-read it a second time. And Regardless of what you think, or How many points you claim to have. I still don’t agree with you. Soooo yeah….. moving on

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Do not link AP to events

in Suggestions

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I havent done the dungeon more than once, but I liked it and it went farely quick… And my team is the one that couldn’t compleate the Aetherblade Hideout dungeon.

Maby we where just lucky but since this dungeon is permanent and I know we can compleate it I will do this more than just once and not just for the achievements but becouse I think this dungeon is exactly that challange I want.
I think I am not the only one thinking this and will return, so no… I don’t think this dungeon will be deserted.

Tequatil on the other hand is very different than a dungeons that a bunch of freinds can do or easely find a group on LFG Tool, no on this meta you will need lot’s of players putting down lots of effort to achieve a success, you also have to wait until the game tells you you can start and this is impossible when poeple don’t find a reason to do it, achievement aquired (as you say), loot not worth the effort (If you are not lucky enough).

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Do not link AP to events

in Suggestions

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

achievements like “kill foreman spur before killing his entire crew” will keep this dungeon inhabitted for a long time. we just need more achievements that are more dificult to complete to keep people going there ;p. for example: finish the dungeon without a single death.

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

Do not link AP to events

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ibbuli.4027

Ibbuli.4027

The only problem I have with AP is that the ones that takes months/years to get will net you like 10 AP when maxed and the ones you can do in couple of minutes or hours will give you the same amount or even more. I did the Southsun Cove ones within an hour and they gave me way over 50 AP.