Dodge - the Double Tap of Death

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lithuen.9067

Lithuen.9067

Once again I have to say how gratifying it is to get to the verrrry top of a jump puzzle only to have the double-tap somersault roll into midair and accompanying fall to my death. Gee. Without a feature like this in the game, one could continue to be deluded enough to think LOGIC should prevail where INTELLIGENCE is applied.

Thanks, guys. I know you want to make life EASY for us. Yeah. Stick that easy to get to DOUBLE-TAP, robbing us of certain subtle moves for fear we’ll fall flat on our faces in a clumsy OH YEAH, I MEANT to be over HERE! fashion. HOWEVER, PLEASE….

Let me turn it off.

WHY? Wow. ‘Cause I have it mapped to another key, one I can’t accidentally HIT when I’m totally trying to do something ELSE. AND (believe it or not) it’s a key much more convenient and easy to find than even your alternative V key (which we CAN turn off).

Why do I get the suspicion someone high high up will say, “We can’t allow you to turn it off in your options, or the entire core of the game will have to be reprogrammed at a cost of $100 billion (US), so you’ll just have to live…er…DIE with it. Sorry.”

Thanks, but no thanks. Let me turn off the DODGE function that uses the directional keys. PLEASE. Either that, or magically put 1 gold a week into my account to cover the repair costs – whichever is easiest for YOU.

Sincerely and with the most kindness I can manage to muster at this point.

“Smile,” he said. “Things could be worse.”
He smiled, and sure enough, things got worse.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zero Angel.9715

Zero Angel.9715

Go into game options and turn off ‘double tap to evade’ if it’s giving you problems.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Go into game options and turn off ‘double tap to evade’ if it’s giving you problems.

I’d like to second this suggestion, since I’ve had the same problem from time to time. I get pretty timid about positioning as height increases, and have tapped WASD a bit too much as well. Dodge by default is V, which could be better but not horrible.

Also, if you have a more recent mouse with a ‘side scrolling’ wheel (L/R wheel click, or whatever you call it), you can bind dodge to that. I use the right wheel click, and now the dodge is much more intuitive (mostly because I tend to circle-strafe to the right). Many folks also just use middle/wheel click as well, if you have an older wheel mouse.

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Axvil.2839

Axvil.2839

Merry Christmas, you can turn off “double-tap roll” through your Options menu

in Suggestions

Posted by: evolverzilla.2359

evolverzilla.2359

Really, the time you write this superb text mocking ANET you can just press F11 and disable “double-tap to evade”. It´s on the first page, the first option of combat/movement. Seriously, before doing this… try to find if there are some type of adjust, or correction, or setup…

Don´t try to win the darwin awards for guild wars.

(edited by evolverzilla.2359)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Wow.

Just wow.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zero Angel.9715

Zero Angel.9715

Also, if you have a more recent mouse with a ‘side scrolling’ wheel (L/R wheel click, or whatever you call it), you can bind dodge to that. I use the right wheel click, and now the dodge is much more intuitive (mostly because I tend to circle-strafe to the right). Many folks also just use middle/wheel click as well, if you have an older wheel mouse.

Hey that’s actually a pretty neat idea.

I’ve got a mouse that has a ‘tilt wheel to scroll horizontally’ feature that’s unused in GW and 2 extra buttons that I use for ‘about face’ (which I don’t really use) and ‘heal’ (which is an awesome mousebind!). Havent thought about using the mousewheel tilt and these would probably be pretty good for that.

(edited by Zero Angel.9715)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Just do it.

Fixed.