Dodging should override any other action. Channeled skills such as ressing can get you killed

Dodging should override any other action. Channeled skills such as ressing can get you killed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wikram.3827

Wikram.3827

In a game where dodging is crucial to your survival, nothing should prevent you from doing so. Instead, some actions such as ressing, channeled abilities, etc. prevent you from dodging right when you hit the dodge key. If you want to dodge while channeling, you first have to hit your direction keys to cancel ability, and THEN you’re able to dodge. This has gotten me killed quite a few times and should really be looked at.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

It already does, I think.

The only things I’ve encountered that don’t break on dodge are some world objects for hearts and things. And some of those seem to be deliberate to force you to clear out an area before finishing the objective.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

The problem I see is alot of people complaining about this, use the dodge button. If you use the dodge button then yes you have to hit a directional key first to cancel the channel. Heart objects can prevent even that single tap cancel.

However, if you just double tap a movement direction it cancels EVERYTHING and forces a dodge. The only time I have been unable to dodge in this way is when immobilized.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iron Wolf.5973

Iron Wolf.5973

Then its buggy. I know for a fact that double tapping does not always cause me to dodge when ressing. I also know that during some channeled skills, I must repeatedly double tap to finally dodge. THe catch is that sometimes it happens on cue, sometimes not.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

I’m curious now as to why this is happening as I have never had a dodge fail to go off for me if I double tapped.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Radthor Dax.3697

Radthor Dax.3697

I had to train myself to use V to dodge instead of doubletapping, which was causing me to accidently roll off ledges in jump puzzles…

~ Radthor Dax, lvl80 Elementalist

in Suggestions

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Personally, I would rather have it set as an option. Being an elementalist I don’t like it when accidentally dodging overrides my channels, but I know other people do, so make it a toggled option and everybody is happy.