Don't clear guild chat on character change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Combatter.5123

Combatter.5123

The title says it all really. All other chat text is preserved when character swapping except guild chat. Please do not clear guild chat.

I thought at first this might be as a result of effectively ‘unrepresenting’ and then ‘rerepresenting’ but you can do that whilst on the same character and guild chat does not disappear.

Cheers,

Maetheryl Thorswood (Ranger), Bennish (Guardian), Lex Sabre (Elementalist)
Tyria, Underworld

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

It probably does have something to do with representation anyway. The idea being that you’re not actually representing until you get into the game itself so it doesn’t populate the chat or something. I don’t know, but I really want to be able to swap and still see all the chat, as well.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

while we’re at it, why not allow chat to continue logging even while in character select? i feel uneasy while switching characters because if anyone whispers me i won’t see it

in Suggestions

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

This seems like one of the sillier “features” of GW2, at least if both characters are representing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Donner.6293

Donner.6293

B-B-B-Bump.
This is so unbeleavably annoying and imo hurts more players than it helps. Other chat is preserved on map change, so why shouldn’t guild the chat be? Even in the unlikely case that two characters represent different guilds, people should be able to tell it apart.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

YES!

It hasn’t ALWAYS been like it is now. If they INTENTIONALLY messed up Guild chat, they need to intentionally change it back. I am almost always on Guild chat, and with 8 characters this gets to be REAL annoying.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I could see it clearing guild chat if you change to a character that doesn’t represent, but why lose it otherwise. It obviously can keep chat in memory since whispers stay there.

Please keep guild chat when changing characters.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Suggestions

Posted by: ThePahkage.2684

ThePahkage.2684

u lose party chat too after nuking a party =(

¿QUE MI PADRE GRANDE? ¿¿¿QUE???

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

When I first started, I was repping several guilds and it was vaguely helpful to clear guild chat each time, since it reminded me when I changed representation, e.g. Character A belonged to Guild 1 and B belonged to 2, so clearing the chat reminded me that I had changed guilds.

However, now that the game has matured, I think the vast majority of people tend to have most of their toons represent a single guild, so clearing chat is more of an annoyance than a convenience.

What I would prefer to see is that the chat remain (like /local and /map will do). And instead, offer a pop up when swapping toons changing representation. In my example, when changing from A to B, I would get a message (in chat) saying, “you are now representing Guild 2.”

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”