Don't need 'elite' skill slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Elite skills are useless in some scenarios.

For example in underwater combat my mesmer has access to timewarp and mass invisibility. Two skills which can be useful however are very SITUATIONAL, making them useless 90% of the time.

Additionally in WvW running my mesmer I have a particular skill set I want to run. I use veil a lot, I’m also asked to take null field and feedback, i like to have blink handy for myself to get out of trouble quickly and sometimes need to set up a portal.

For elite skills on the very RARE occasion I’ll timewarp a golem and IF I’m doing havoc group I MIGHT use mass invisibility.

Elite skill slots for me are useless most of the time and i have other skills I’d rather have handy. Either makes elite skills ‘elite’ or free the slot up so we can use more useful skills.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in Suggestions

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

man you are mesmer and your elite skills are one of the best in game . But it`s true there should be possibility to change elite slot into normal skill slot . Game will become faster and builds will become more interesting and more personal .

in Suggestions

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The game is balanced around being able to use 3 utilities though. Suddenly being able to use 4 would require a major rebalance of the whole game.

It is also most likely completely off the table now with the new Instabilities where one of them simply makes it impossible to use Elite skills (or well, it kills you at least..)

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

if they would at least make more elites possible under water we would not have such problems to deal with, a necro only has 1 single elite to use and not really one that fit’s everyone’s build.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MAUS HOUS.8047

MAUS HOUS.8047

Elite skills are useless in some scenarios… can be useful however are very SITUATIONAL

Elite skills are MEANT to be situational! Large buffs and powerful skills make them meant for situations when you’re in need of something very powerful. So they work as expected, the water elites tho need more variety, as my necro has 1 underwater elite. It is a powerful elite skill, but some choice wouldn’t go a miss.

Holla. At. Me.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Elite skills are useless in some scenarios… can be useful however are very SITUATIONAL

Elite skills are MEANT to be situational!

My understanding is that elite skills were more along the lines of a ‘oh snap’ button. Not a ‘oh look, someone made golems, might as well use TW’.

There’s nothing elite about that.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i dunno about you but an elite like flesh golem is nether situational nor “oh snap”, it’s a minion for the heavy lifting a necro is simply to weak to do.
while my golem fights, i attach the enemy with all kinds of marks and wells.
if i am in a pickle i simply charge my minion trough it, if the enemy can’t be KD then it does massive damage.

however, like said before it’s not for under water, most elites are quite good but something like a flesh golem can only be used on the ground making it a powerful elite with a massive weakness.