Double penalty for death

Double penalty for death

in Suggestions

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

So when a character “dies” in this game you have to pay a repair bill (eventually) AND if no one is around to revive, you have a waypoint fee. This, in my view, is a double monetary penalty that doesn’t need to exist. In fact there are times with some of my characters where I didn’t have enough money to even go to the nearest waypoint.

There should be a simple solution for this: the nearest unlocked waypoint is FREE for downed characters.

Solved.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Double penalty for death

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rehashed Jibe Tube.7102

Rehashed Jibe Tube.7102

i think instead of the nearest one, your home waypoint should be the only one that’s always free.

Double penalty for death

in Suggestions

Posted by: GrimShade.8091

GrimShade.8091

Yup, you have a financial incentive to get better at this game. If you suck you will perpetually be poor.

Double penalty for death

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zugr.2058

Zugr.2058

This issue has been coming up again and again in the forums here, very good point too. At level 80 it is a total waste of money for no reason.

Double penalty for death

in Suggestions

Posted by: Campana.9216

Campana.9216

What happens if you die and you have no money on your character? Or in your bank?

Double penalty for death

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Actually you are penalised three times.
1. Armor repair costs
2. Waypoint costs
3. A reduction in your downed state health, meaning that you are defeated muh faster next time

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

Double penalty for death

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arisal.9740

Arisal.9740

What happens if you die and you have no money on your character? Or in your bank?

The closest waypoint is free then. The tooltip was bugged in beta and said it had a cost even though you could click on it and revive. Not sure if that was fixed but it should work either way.

Double penalty for death

in Suggestions

Posted by: prenavo.3926

prenavo.3926

I remember when the only thing someone had to worry about when dying in an mmo was having to be transported halfway around the game world naked and have to run alllll the way back to your own corpse (which was usually surrounded by the baddies that made it a corpse to begin with)just to get back that cool armor that took you weeks to get, and then take a hit to your experience sometimes knocking you back down to your previous hard fought level (sometimes half a day or more to gain one in those days). Yeah, those were the days.

Double penalty for death

in Suggestions

Posted by: Canoas.8423

Canoas.8423

The penalty is there so you don’t die mindlessly. In WoW, for example, it would reduce your durability by 10%. Here it makes you pay for the waypoint instead.

Double penalty for death

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kalithro.6532

Kalithro.6532

Yup, you have a financial incentive to get better at this game. If you suck you will perpetually be poor.

b/c if you die a lot that thus means you suck and should be poor…
Has nothing to do with mobs respawning rapidly, being leveled down lower then the area you are in, having mobs trained on you by other players or you are playing a “squishy profession”. So yea… I agree lets make the game harsh. If you die the game ALT-F4s and you are locked out of your account for 2 days. Lets simulate a death.

Or lets not.

Double penalty for death

in Suggestions

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

When you die you are penalized in stats, you will also have to repair which gets pricey and on top of that, you can not self revive without paying a waypoint tax.

Those being negative against removing this tax aren’t bringing a strong debate to the table. Also I suggested only the nearest waypoint be free.

Really it doesn’t impact me any longer, but first time players trying to work through this game do indeed suffer. It’s no better than the old spell/skill system that had a resource like mana, a casting time AND a cool down…I mean really….pushing string is no fun, games are meant to be enjoyable.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Double penalty for death

in Suggestions

Posted by: montie.2415

montie.2415

The game is supposed to be fun and enjoyable for all. What’s the point in simulating death and punishing people. If you want to be punished go play Dark Souls lol. I like the home waypoint being free and the waypoints that are closer cost more than others that are farther away an so on.