Down State - Good Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Codex.8513

Codex.8513

A lot of people hate it and a lot of people like it. Some say that it adds a new layer to the pvp and others claim it slows down the game.

My suggestion is to give the players the option how they want to play. Simply when hot joining sPvP give as a small tick box something like “only no down state servers” or “only down state servers” or “first available”.

Since I remember GW2 was all about choices and to enjoy the game the way You want so why not sPvP?

I hope Anet will give us that option and make people enjoy what they want and not to be forced to have something that draws them away.

Give thumbs up if you support.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deboog.1847

Deboog.1847

Nice idea. I think if Anet added this to test it, they would see what the masses wanted. If people swarmed to no-downed servers, they could flat out remove it from sPvP.

in Suggestions

Codex.8513

No need to remove anything. The ratio of pvp servers with/without down state could dynamicly changing depending on the demand for the mode. That way everyone would be satisfied.

in Suggestions

Codex.8513

Everyone who wants this extra option please write here

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sykotron.3768

Sykotron.3768

I see no reason for it to not be implemented, but I would expect this to not be a big enough deal for them to do anything about it. The downed state is part of the experience they crafted to they probably want to you try it until you like it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

This would divide and spread the playerbase.

Features that divide and spread players are not good.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Codex.8513

This would divide and spread the playerbase.

Features that divide and spread players are not good.

So they should also mix pvp with pve because dividing playerbase is not good? what you said doesn’t make sense…

When it comes 5v5 and 8v8 there is no difference wheteher playerbase is divided. this game has way more than enough players to fill in both sides…

I myself hate down state, i see is as boring and slowing down the game and also very annoying sometimes but i dont’t say to remove it, I say to give us an OPTION!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal.2376

Kal.2376

I agree with Mithran. This would just add server segregation which makes things worse, not better.

Anet did away with factions, the broke down server barriers a little with overflow, and did many things to avoid player segregation. I do not want to add any back into the game.

I do not particularly like the downed state, but I hate player segregation even more. Personally, I just want more balance between the different downed states, so everyone is on the same page. Other than that, keep it I guess.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kingmutez.4931

Kingmutez.4931

like others said even thou its a nice option, it divides the player base so ppl will start complaining there not enough ppl in Spvp down vs Spvp non down and so on. its why they removed lvl brackets in the first place. i agree that down state is a new annoyance in pvp, it might just need some tweaking.