Down scale system

Down scale system

in Suggestions

Posted by: Monkey D Luffy.4856

Monkey D Luffy.4856

i am thinking of why to down my lvl in low area lvl instead of keeping my current lvl so i can enjoy the power that i gained through playing 100 of hours to achieve the max lvl and to help my new friends in the game

Down scale system

in Suggestions

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Levels in GW2 aren’t as worthy as in other games. They only determine your skill advance.
What GW2 tries to do is keeping playing in lower areas as fun as playing in high level areas.
They want that you playing with your friends still are challenged by the content of lower areas. However you may or may not notice that your power increased by weapon and armor.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

Down scale system

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I don’t see why this is a problem in the level 1-15 zones because it’s not like exotics don’t already make you op in those areas.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Down scale system

in Suggestions

Monkey D Luffy.4856

if it was like you said then why lowering our lvl keep it as it is .
Because part of the game is about showing off its cool to see your real lvl and other player see your title lvl purple walking in the game also when they lower our lvl the health go down

Down scale system

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

So you want them to revert a core mechanic so you can show off by one-hitting centaurs in Queensdale. Seems legit.

Down scale system

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

So you want them to revert a core mechanic so you can show off by one-hitting centaurs in Queensdale. Seems legit.

Down scale system

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

A pack of vicious bloodthirsty wolves should be just as dangerous no matter where you are. Likewise, there is no reason for an ettin not to hit just as hard simply because there is a starting zone settlement on the same map.

Down scale system

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

You can already do this. Just use a skill with high damage multiplier and run a high crit build e.g. full berserker ascended gear.

Seriously if people find their damage or survivability too low on low level areas, I think there is either something wrong about their build or gear.

I have often went to Queensdale for educational purposes or just to farm crafting materials (plus you surprisingly often get level 80 drops). I use my WvWvW commander build, which is not optimize for solo play nor damage and I can still one hit almost anything there, kill all the champions alone or kill 10-20 enemy mobs in just few seconds. Sometimes people gather in big crows to watch what the hell is happening.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

Down scale system

in Suggestions

Monkey D Luffy.4856

why not ?
and is it ok to let lvl 8 champion to defeat lvl 80 full exotic is that legit ?

Down scale system

in Suggestions

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I’m the other way around, personally I feel that high level characters should be made weaker when in low level areas. My level 80’s (one in all exotics with the odd rare, the other in full exotics/ascendeds), one or two shoots almost everything in the 1-15 level areas, tends to become more normalized the higher level I go, which is why the level 15 bosses (SB, frozen maw and the like) are such a joke now, usually if you’re not already there when their pre-events begin, chances are they’ll be dead before you finish zoning in.

Personally, I feel that no matter how good your gear is, you shouldn’t be THAT much more powerful (or even more powerful at all) than a player of the apropiate level with the best gear for that level, so a level 80 in full exotics-ascendeds shouldn’t be more powerful when downleveled to level 10 than an actual level 10 in level 10 fine (blue) gear (since you can’t get masterwork greens until level 14). After all, a level 80 would already have a huge advantage in having all its traits and skill slots unlocked.

why not ?
and is it ok to let lvl 8 champion to defeat lvl 80 full exotic is that legit ?

I this game, yep, it’s legit, and it’s one of the reasons I like it, actually…

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

(edited by locoman.1974)

Down scale system

in Suggestions

Dustfinger.9510

It’s crazy ;-P but I agree with Locoman

Down scale system

in Suggestions

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

i am thinking of why to down my lvl in low area lvl instead of keeping my current lvl so i can enjoy the power that i gained through playing 100 of hours to achieve the max lvl and to help my new friends in the game

This is one of the core elements of the game. Dynmaic Events like for example Maw are repeatable and many do them daily.
Lower your level to match the area is for replay ability.
That is why they made it a core element and will never change it

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Down scale system

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

So… you want to be able to go into queensdale and hit things for 60k?… one shotting them as a downscaled 80 isn’t enough?

Down scale system

in Suggestions

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

if it was like you said then why lowering our lvl keep it as it is .
Because part of the game is about showing off its cool to see your real lvl and other player see your title lvl purple walking in the game also when they lower our lvl the health go down

When was that ever part of this game?
How does one shotting things that can’t fight back show off how strong you are? If you want to impress people, go solo a legendary or cap a keep on your own in WvW.

Down scale system

in Suggestions

Dustfinger.9510

Taking away scaling down only shrinks the open world of relevant content. That creates the problem WoW had of so many dead zones that don’t get utilized unless someone makes a new character.