"Down the Hatch" not up to GW2 standards

in Suggestions

Posted by: Obed.7629

Obed.7629

I love GW2, and I’ve had a lot of fun with my Sylvari Elementalist alt. But the drinking game in the “Down the Hatch” story quest for the Order of Whispers was just awful. The only tension was the incredible concentration I was applying to keep from dying so I would not have to go through the quest again.

My particular complaint is that the drinking game dragged on and on with very little change. It was as boring as could be.

Maybe I didn’t get the point, but it just seemed to be click-the-button on the CD and manage your health. Little that I did seemed to have any impact on my opponent in the game, although after playing for what seemed like hours the NPCs finally wore out.

in Suggestions

Posted by: EliteZ.1682

EliteZ.1682

It doesn’t take very long, the spells also have an impact, like you say you have to manage your health and while I can’t remember all of the spells, one of them fakes a drink which makes the enemy take a drink (Think this is correct). It’s better then all of the other quests which consist of kicking aload of mobs. I thought it was something different and alittle fun. I wish that after you would stay drunk and make you fall all over the place while runing away

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

I actually found this mini-game to be a little fun.

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taril.8619

Taril.8619

I thought the first guy took ages to beat… Then I read what the abilities did and then the rest dropped like flies.

Skill 1 – Take a drink, dealing damage to yourself.
Skill 2 – Fake a drink, taking no damage.
Skill 3 – Drink some water, healing some health to yourself and the opponent
Skill 4 – Completely pointless
Skill 5 – Deal damage to the enemy, dealing more the less health you have.

So as long as you keep using skill 2 on cooldown and skill 5 as often as possible they go down quite fast (I favoured leaving skill 3 alone until I was low health and was belched at so skill 5 did more damage)

My only concerns is with the lack of “Drunkeness” since sure, you slur a few words in the cutscenes but other than that there’s no real feeling of being drunk (Though as I did it as a Norn, I played it off as being a heavyweight when it comes to drinking)

“Pull the trigger, move out ahead,
There’s two kinds of people… The quick and the dead”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Athens.6125

Athens.6125

I liked this quest very much, it was a fresh break from the kill this, gather that quest. Stuff like this is entirely personal opinion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

GW2 has standards?

AR