Dps charts

Dps charts

in Suggestions

Posted by: freelancecoma.8629

freelancecoma.8629

I know Anet has issues with the idea due to “elitism” or however you spell it, but this isn’t about proving I do more damage, I just want to see how much I do in fights. Sure I can see big hits in big numbers if im running a crit dmg build, but in pve I play a lot of condition builds and while I love seeing a bunch of numbers ticking off on my screen, I have no way of adding them all up to figue out how much overall damage I did in a fight. If Anet is so worried about peoples feelings, there could be a private chart, but maybe you could chose to share it with your party if you play with friends and are into a lil friendly competition. Either way, I’d like it mostly so I can tell what im accomplishing not so I can brag, and I’d say it’s a reasonable request. Thoughts?

Dps charts

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I’d have no issues with a private tool for individuals who like to theorycraft.

It’s when it becomes viewable by everyone that breeds the ‘you must hit x DPS or kicked’ mentality.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Dps charts

in Suggestions

freelancecoma.8629

True, but people will always find reasons to kick someone from a group. Not enough dmg, dies a lot, no thieves/too many thieves. So, yea I can understand this game not needing another reason for people to be kittens to eachother, but it’s gonna happen regardless in any mmo right? Idk, while that is a perfectly valid argument, I dont find it holds much weight. But thats just my opinion.

Dps charts

in Suggestions

freelancecoma.8629

Lol but to be fair the argument of “people can be mean regardless, so give me a dps chart” is a pretty weak one also.

Dps charts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

im for it bcs i love test builds, dmg is not all but at the moment there is anyway no hard dunguon content which need a certain dps number to beat. And If we are honest we see that ..Elite…Groups tend to use Guardian Warrior thief Mesmer und Eles *bcs of the fierce sword . Mostly its a boring 4 warrior 1 Guardian group all zerker. So a dmg counter may could help other classes to be respected zerks as well.

And hell ya I would be glad if i had something to explain a other guardian not to single target the Boss with his staff. Or in best case he realize that himself with that tool.

Also I wonder they want pvp compeditive but pve not

Dps charts

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

In my experience, those vocal elitists who demand specific builds tend to be the same ones who are completely incompetent in dungeon runs, getting wiped every few seconds whilst other players with “weaker” builds have to carry them through whilst managing not to die in the process.

Elitists views are there to be ignored or laughed at. Don’t give them an additional tool to massage their egos with.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Dps charts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nasher.6874

Nasher.6874

Naa, we don’t need this at all.

Dps charts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

I’d have no issues with a private tool for individuals who like to theorycraft.

It’s when it becomes viewable by everyone that breeds the ‘you must hit x DPS or kicked’ mentality.

Forward me your screenshots or kicked.

In my experience, those vocal elitists who demand specific builds tend to be the same ones who are completely incompetent in dungeon runs, getting wiped every few seconds whilst other players with “weaker” builds have to carry them through whilst managing not to die in the process.

Elitists views are there to be ignored or laughed at. Don’t give them an additional tool to massage their egos with.

Yup, carry so well 1 boss takes as long as the entire dungeon should. So guuuuuuuuud