Dragon Timers:

Dragon Timers:

in Suggestions

Posted by: FadeXF.5460

FadeXF.5460

Can you please put a countdown style timer on the maps with dragons for when they are going to spawn?

I now have 3 pet peeves:
1) Guild spam
2) Gold spam
3) “When’s the dragon up” spam

Thank you.

Dragon Timers:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Star Jewel.5048

Star Jewel.5048

Or…the event could be truly dynamic and not follow a strict 3 hour timer. I’d like that better. (But I’m probably alone there…)

Dragon Timers:

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Events ARE dynamic. Once defeated, they will have a cooldown time, but after that time passes, previous events must happen before they spawn.

The thing is, there’s always people around those places, and events are completed quite fast, so the dragons appear at seemingly fixed times, but they do not spawn at fixed times.

People keep asking “when is the dragon up” because they are used o other games in which bosses spawn at fixed times, and they are both lazy and greedy, so they want to appear when the dragon appears, hit a little, grab the chest, and go to the next dragon to grab another chest, ignoring any other events in the area.

That’s what must be fixed.

So, instead a silly timer that will only enforce the false assumption that they spawn at fixed times, what should be made is so you must have done at least one of the previous events to open the chest, and increase the quality of the drops the more previous events you have completed.

That’ll serve all those lazy and greedy leechers right.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Dragon Timers:

in Suggestions

Posted by: FadeXF.5460

FadeXF.5460

How are they lazy and greedy? I don’t understand that comment.

How much more lazy and greedy are they compared to anyone else? They just want to know when the dragon spawned last.

And I have a timer going – I can tell you that it is on a very nearly 100% accurate 3 hour spawn timer. It only depends on when you click on your stop watch to start the timer – when it spawns – or when it dies. If you start your 3 hour countdown from when it spawns you will have the accurate time.

It’s not dynamic.

Dragon Timers:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Star Jewel.5048

Star Jewel.5048

Events ARE dynamic. Once defeated, they will have a cooldown time, but after that time passes, previous events must happen before they spawn.

The thing is, there’s always people around those places, and events are completed quite fast, so the dragons appear at seemingly fixed times, but they do not spawn at fixed times.

The pre-events spawn exactly 3 hours after the last dragon was killed. I was in the Shatterer map one time with a guy who had the times down to the exact minute.

Yeah, there’s going to be a slight variance because of the time it takes to complete the prerequisites. So you’re not going to have a dragon up exactly at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o’clock. But the fact that people can time it from the last event is not my idea of “dynamic.”