Druids, Death Knights, Monks and more!?

in Suggestions

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

Ok, before you freak out! I’m just using those names so we understand each other. With this post i’m trying to explain how easy it is to implement unused archetypes in GW2 with the existing weapons and such. So, what type of archetypes are people interested in? The ones i hear the most about are druids, death knights and monks but there are probably more themes out there!

Weapons > new professions. It’s a lot easyer and makes everything less complicated. For example. To make a druid, we only have to give the ranger a staff. To make a death knight, we only have to give the necro a greatsword. To make a monk, we only need to give the thief a staff. So that’s the basic idea, but i decided to work the druid and death knight theme out a little bit more (just wild ideas!). Here we go:

Staff ranger skills will focus on support and AoE (something they lack!)

1) Spirit Wave. Hit up to 5 enemies with a wave of spirit energy!
2) Root. You immobilze enemies in target area for X seconds (ground target)
3) Spiritual Guidance. Recieve vigor. Your pet’s next attack will cause knockdown.
4) Splintered Bark. You give protection and retaliation to nearby allies for X seconds.
5) Healing tree. You give regeneration to allies in the target area for X seconds (ground target)

Greatsword necro skills will focus on damage and self support

1) Cleave 3-hit combo that inflicts cripple and weakness with every third hit.
2) Reaping Strike. Steal up to 2 boons from your enemies.
3. Wrath of the undead. Smash your sword in the ground to inflict AoE bleeding, poison and chill.
4. Agonizing Cry. Fear nearby enemies for 1 second and recieve might and fury.
5. Armor of Darkness. Recieve protection and 25% life force.

Let me know your thoughts or share your own!

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

in Suggestions

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Greatsword necro skills will focus on damage and self support

1) Cleave 3-hit combo that inflicts cripple and weakness with every third hit.
2) Reaping Strike. Steal up to 2 boons from your enemies.
3. Wrath of the undead. Smash your sword in the ground to inflict AoE bleeding, poison and chill.
4. Agonizing Cry. Fear nearby enemies for 1 second and recieve might and fury.
5. Armor of Darkness. Recieve protection and 25% life force.

If Necro was ever given the Greatsword, what they need is DAMAGE not more condition and more Fear.

1. Remove Cripple, that would be to overpowered. Weakness can stay.
  2. should be ONE boon, not 2.
  3. keep bleeding, remove all other conditions
  4. change into something else, they dont need more fear
  5. reduce LF gain to 10%

I would love to see the Mesmer get Hammer and/or Shield we need some more melee options all we have at the moment is the Sword and well with the BF it now sucks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

No monks. That’s a rather important statement for this game.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

a fighter monk would be good. a martial artist one not a healer as in gw1

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I think more important than adding new classes to the game, is the role those classes would fulfill. Currently it is unclear what role some of the existing classes fulfill. I don’t think the existing classes need more weapons. What they do need, is a role.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

I’m not so sure role plays a big factor. Here is what a-net stated they look for when creating both races and classes:

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/2094-room-for-future-races-and-classes/page__st__60#entry89820

There are a lot of decisions that we have to make when we add new races and professions to the game. The evaluation process goes something like this for races:

• Is the race visually and culturally interesting (are they cool enough to be a playable race)?
• Do they provide us with a different sort of archetype that is currently not in the game?
• How difficult would it be to implement the new race from an art/animation standpoint?
• Can we write a compelling story for them? What is the lore impact on making them playable?
• Does the new race provide us with the opportunity to make cool skills and abilities?

For professions, the evaluation process would be very similar but in a slightly different order of importance:

• Does it provide us with a different sort of archetype that is currently not in the game?
• Does the profession provide us with the opportunity to make cool skills and abilities?
• Will those skills and abilities work well with existing professions, or will they unbalance things?
• How difficult would it be to implement from an art/animation standpoint?
• How do they fit into the lore of the game?

With professions, we’re much more concerned with how they interact with the current balance and whether they provide a different play experience. With races, their overall look and feel is generally the most important thing.

Of course, this is because while race does have some impact on how a character performs in combat, it’s nowhere near as important as profession in that regard. Likewise, a character’s personal story is impacted greatly by race and only very minimally by profession.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Laryakan.1684

Laryakan.1684

Not too bad. Monk was in GW1 (in some ways, replaced by the Guardian), and Staffed Ranger too (we were Trap-Ranger), because staff gave us more energy to put more traps.

It’s not exclude that ArenaNet give more weapons to professions. But It means so much more balancing.

But it’s all ready exclude that we will get more classes (professions) – I saw that somewhere OFFICIAL early 2012.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I’m not so sure role plays a big factor.

Well an archetype is pretty much a role. But that’s splitting hairs on wording, lets not get into that. Lets just say, they need some form of combat that’s interesting, and isn’t in the game already. Yet another melee class for example, would be redundant, unless it actually brought something new to the table.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)