Dual Trait & Gear Sets

Dual Trait & Gear Sets

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ironheart.9758

Ironheart.9758

A simple mechanic that allows you to swap gear-sets and skill sets. Gear you can do manually so that is not a big issue, its just a “lazy button”. While you traits you have to unlearn and redo.

So my suggestion is to add the ability to add an option to buy a second trait set that you activate on the fly. There will have to be some limits ofcourse…

Firstly add it as a gems only upgrade.

Secondly, in PvE make it a skill that has a cast time that can be interrupted, and that you can only activate while not in combat.

Thirdly, in PvP make it that you can only swap during the preparation phase.

ps. sorry if it has been suggested

Dual Trait & Gear Sets

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Seconded. They could only restrict it to be switchable in the cities, so people could not switch between trait sets mid-dungeon.

One – Piken Square

Dual Trait & Gear Sets

in Suggestions

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I agree. I think they should get rid of the (extremely expensive) cost to respec but make it so you have to be out of the combat zones to do the respec.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Dual Trait & Gear Sets

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

The respec cost is actually pretty cheap, at least at max level (less than 4 silver). Combined with the fact that you can swap traits within the lines you have chosen it makes it one of the cheapest respec systems out there.

Still, a dual trait set wouldn’t hurt, but that would sort of bite into ANets philosophy against the holy trinity and set roles.

One – Piken Square

Dual Trait & Gear Sets

in Suggestions

Ironheart.9758

I agree. I think they should get rid of the (extremely expensive) cost to respec but make it so you have to be out of the combat zones to do the respec.

This is not what i meant, sorry if that was unclear. I meant that you can toggle an alternative skill/gear set.

Skill set 1 + gear set 1

Press <button>

Skill set 2 + gear set 2

You will still have to spend that currency to unlearn them as usual.

Suggesting to remove the cost of unlearning and the ability to respec on the fly should be not be part of this suggestion

Dual Trait & Gear Sets

in Suggestions

Ironheart.9758

Still, a dual trait set wouldn’t hurt, but that would sort of bite into ANets philosophy against the holy trinity and set roles.

expample:

Mesmer – Skill set 1 GS build, runes 1, amulet 1
Mesmer – Skill set 2 Staff build, runes 2, amulet 2

Press <button> to change before a game starts instead of going to HOM and buying new gear and setting it up and respeccing then only rejoin