Duel in everywhere !!!

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mehrdad.8423

Mehrdad.8423

Q:

i really love duel my friends at everywhere….

if u guys add something like R-click player>duel
thats will be awesome… plz do

Who agree with me?:D send reply.

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I think everyone is looking forward to Duels. It would be cool if they added a mosh pit to the Mists too, specifically for dueling.

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: admiralnlson.2380

admiralnlson.2380

Everyone? Sorry but no, not everyone. I couldn’t care less personally.

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aga.8641

Aga.8641

You’ll be able to duel when they release the rentable servers.

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Add a duel block an it will be fine (on by defualt) I hate walking around and only ever seeing “You are challenged to a duel” by the same guy every 2 seconds, cause declining him once obviously doesn’t mean that I don’t want to duel.

Or even have “Mr xX Love Kitens Xx is trying to duel you:
1 accept
2 decline
3 block all duels (this setting is changeable in the options menu)”

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: shaolin.9716

shaolin.9716

I have to wonder why duels aren’t already implemented considering it’s a huge time sink for PvPers. It keeps them happy, entertained and playing the game for much longer. Never underestimate the amount of people interested in 1v1, it’s the only way to know if you’re really skilled.

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: IDICERI.4268

IDICERI.4268

Add a duel block an it will be fine (on by defualt) I hate walking around and only ever seeing “You are challenged to a duel” by the same guy every 2 seconds, cause declining him once obviously doesn’t mean that I don’t want to duel.

Or even have “Mr xX Love Kitens Xx is trying to duel you:
1 accept
2 decline
3 block all duels (this setting is changeable in the options menu)”

Yes, I like the idea of a duel. Maybe right click character select duel with a accept or decline option from the other character. With a option in the menu saying (check box) accept all duels or decline all duels.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
Einstein

(edited by IDICERI.4268)

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zunhar.4079

Zunhar.4079

I frequently browse low population servers trying to find good players that are willing to duel. Intense 1v1 fights are the most fun I have EVER had in a video game. I would absolutely love a dueling feature.

I’m not too sure yet how I feel about the rentable servers. Could someone explain to me how they work exactly?

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Legicon.7952

Legicon.7952

I would even like to see an area in the mists in which you can spar with a friend. The class npcs are fun at first, but c’mon, they become predictable quickly. Being able to 1v1 with a friend would really get some of that fight back into players. Testing out a build on dummies, only to find it doesn’t work so well against players is really disappointing

You don’t even have to reward duels. No achievements or glory gain, but the option alone to fight 1v1 with someone I’m sure would appeal to many
Work on strategies and counter builds. I don’t really see a downside to allowing duels or 1v1 practice fights.

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

I’m not too sure yet how I feel about the rentable servers. Could someone explain to me how they work exactly?

No one knows yet. But basically, you pay a resource (presumable gems) to hire a server that can be customised. This includes map rotation, p/w, player size as well as possible admin functions (like kick players etc)

The above is all speculation of course and we are waiting on anet to release a pvp post about it.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zunhar.4079

Zunhar.4079

No one knows yet. But basically, you pay a resource (presumable gems) to hire a server that can be customised. This includes map rotation, p/w, player size as well as possible admin functions (like kick players etc)

The above is all speculation of course and we are waiting on anet to release a pvp post about it.

Thanks for the info. Don’t like the fact that I have to pay gems just to rent a server.

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Infectious.4836

Infectious.4836

Even though I think 1v1 is silly in a game like this, I would still love a duel option. Except maybe removed the downed state and have them tap out or what ever at 1hp.

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Go Metin2 guys…and duel all day long xD

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fabuloso.7846

Fabuloso.7846

I agree I will love to duel my brother and friend just like wow.

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

I would like an option in the Options to automatically reject duels as my char carries no weapons.

This message was brought to you by a Kitten Who Role Plays

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sotaudi.1265

Sotaudi.1265

I think everyone is looking forward to Duels. It would be cool if they added a mosh pit to the Mists too, specifically for dueling.

As admiralnlson says, “everyone” is not looking forward to it. Unless they add a “auto decline duel requests” option and prevent people from taking over an area for their own private dueling area (usually in the middle of one of the busiest parts of town), then, no, personally would rather it not be added.

I have no problem with you or others wanting to duel. I just get tired of inconsiderate people spamming unsolicited duel requests or interrupting my game play with duels in the middle of a crowded area. With this game’s sometimes over-the-top spell effects, this is even more of a concern. It is bad enough trying to get through a keep gate and not being able to see where I am going. I would rather not run into that on my way from the bank to the BLTP building.

Your suggestion of an area in the Mists is an option I have considered as viable. The Mists does seem to be the appropriate place for that. The only caveat is that the Mists does not allow people to test their current level and current gearing against another/others in a controlled environment, only ideal (or theoretically ideal) builds and gearing. Thus, while it is a good idea, in my opinion, it wouldn’t necessarily satisfy everyone’s expectations.

Either way, I don’t care if they add it, provided it is prohibited in areas where it is in apropriater and as long as there is an option to automatically block unsolicited duel requests for those of us who are not interested in participating. However, I would rather them worry about bug fixes and balance issues before bothering with this.

(edited by Sotaudi.1265)

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

If they were to offer areas in some zones like the arena in the Charr home City for example I would agree.

Open anywhere I disagree

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skelestus.5491

Skelestus.5491

Personally I find dueling players annoying. Just imagine some players dueling in LA TP while you are trying to remember what to buy and sell.

But it might be cool if dueling players get teleported to some gladiator arena or there is some dueling ring where players can duel. When someone asks you to duel you should also be able to see his PvP rank, profession and duel win/loss ratio. Makes dueling 10 times more fun if you have something to show off with or you beat someone who has insane amount of kills.

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Yes to dueling anywhere out side cities and towns.

Limit dueling in selected areas in cities and towns.

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

dueling a player would be much easyer way to run a quick idea for a trait build then going in to pvp finding player only be match up with a hard counter would make life easy.

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Mehrdad.8423

ya duel outside cities…or make duel map(but thats will be Crazy.. coz there will be alot ppl doing duel and u get Alot Laag(for example: this new dungoen.. maked Lion arch fully laaggy/and always send u overflow servers).. so duel everywhere outside cities and with those options. thats will be nice.

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheMagickDoll.7594

TheMagickDoll.7594

Just no. If you want PvP, there are places for that in the game already. After experience the dueling in WoW, done in the most annoying way possible toward other people to be disruptive, even in towns.. there is just no place for it in this game.

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Just no. If you want PvP, there are places for that in the game already. After experience the dueling in WoW, done in the most annoying way possible toward other people to be disruptive, even in towns.. there is just no place for it in this game.

People in PVP and WVW don’t want other players dueling anywhere. The solution is just to limit where people can duel.

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raging Bull.5048

Raging Bull.5048

Duels are one of the crucial components for me, I really really look forward to it. BUT! If the duels are to be limited to Mists only, it’s gonna be a HUGE disappointment for me.

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blissified.8369

Blissified.8369

Dueling needs to be added ASAP . We need dueling outside towns, We need an option to change your “Dueling status” either on or off, which could be indicated by an icon on the player avatar portrait ( Example : heart quests on portraits already) .

They could always temporarely disallow dueling in certaint areas for a specific reasons like say for a Dynamic Events or somthing?

Anyways
For the lengevity of this game, dueling is a must !

(edited by Blissified.8369)

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Mehrdad.8423

ya im agree 100%.. we need duel option at outside towns.
btw mist are useless.. frist: there is armor with NO state.. second there is no divinity/ancient kraka shell/tritange amulet.. so u fight without ur real state.
about wvw.. for duel with friend.. u think my friend must go other server for 7 day?..its crazy if he do that
also duel its just testing ur skills against other.. and try improve it in SPVP/WVW.

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

No. There are pvp specific maps where you can go pvp. No need for that meowmeowmeow anywhere else.

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

Meh. I don’t care if a duel feature is added as long as I have an option to check for “automatically decline all duels” so I don’t have to see pop-up requests.

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

It might be annoying when you’re trying to do a group event and a bunch of people decide to duel each other instead of helping out. This seriously has happened to me in another game. 3 of us running a tough dungeon, the two idiots decide to fight each other at the bottom floor. Sigh.

Who won? The monsters. Fortunately I didn’t die and managed to res the two fools then get them in-line to finish up the boss.

If this is implemented I would also want the “automatically decline all duels” option and (if that is turned off) I wouldn’t mind a third button or automated feature if some one tries to duel you again if you already said No the first time. The third button should be Gib. It auto-kills the duel requestor in a shower of blood and guts, empties all their money, destroys all their gear (erased, not just “broken”) and resets them to level 1 for being a troll.

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Syncourt.5906

Syncourt.5906

All they need are 2 options.
- Hide duel requests.
- Hide dueling players skill effects (or deuling players, whatever).

Deuling keeps people occupied while waiting on other players and shouldn’t be restricted from any zone except SPvP.

WvW can tell you that you are taking up player slots when full and give you a timer to end the deul before kicking you out of WvW and completely restrict deuls when the population is nearing the cap. Deulers in dungeon should be allowed to be vote kicked if they are causing a problem, without penalty to the remaining group.

Everybody happy?

Duel in everywhere !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

I agree with the premise that dueling should be allowed anywhere in the PvE world. It allows for a hugeeee amount of variability in terms of the map due to the fact that the world is pretty big XD