Dueling system/armor preview

in Suggestions

Posted by: Monalith.6123

Monalith.6123

Q:

Devs should let people duel each other freely in whichever open area (excluding home areas like Black Cit, Divinity’s Reach, etc). I understand that’s what SPVP is for but you can’t just 1v1 people with your current ingame armor vs their current ingame armor in SPVP and I feel it would be fun in the open world and possibly even prove a point that someone’s build or playing style is better (small grudge matches anywhere, anytime)

Another thing is, Devs should bring back item previewing of light, medium, heavy armor to all professions no matter which profession they play. Back then I was able to preview medium and light armor even though I was a Guardian, who only wears heavy. This is to give players an insight of perhaps other classes they could play if they liked that armor a lot instead of going through the trouble of making another character that can wear the precise profession armor and then go and preview all the gear. I dont understand why they removed this mechanic.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

thumbs up for both things. I don’t really get why they removed the preview thing

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Dueling is being implemented at some point I would think, and they removed previewing to optomize and fix it a bit for future reference. It will come back soon enough.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Dueling should be limited to specific areas, such as Black citadel arena.. give some life to the cities. As for armor previewing of other armor types, they momentarily took that out due to some bugs, idk the details but I read it several times and from some people in LA in map chat. It will be back, eventually…

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Callynn.1684

Callynn.1684

Dueling sounds like a great idea in capital cities – but please not in LA, that city is already lagged and flooded enough due to it being a crossroads.

In fact, off-topic a bit, I don’t understand why they don’t just make portals to other capital cities in all capital cities. Might make a post about that.

Force is violence, the supreme authority from which all other authorities derive.

in Suggestions

Posted by: EliteZ.1682

EliteZ.1682

They are re-adding item preview in the patch coming January 28th.
As for dueling, Custom arenas are coming something this year which allows you to rent a SPvP server and play however you want, yes this includes 1v1 fights.