Duels around the game world

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mssg.7804

Mssg.7804

Hello, I know that every1 will agree with me, having duels in game will make a lot of people happy. In my last MMO I was spending most of my time dueling with people because I really love to duel in different places, around the game world. Anet said that after spec mode they will be able to start working on other, less important things… any chance for duels really soon?

What you guys think?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Although it may be true that open world dueling might make a lot of people happy, it would make a lot of people unhappy, as well. Devs have mentioned dueling previously, though not a particular area, nor a time frame.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

I love the idea of having a dueling option, but it must come with an option to turn off dueling requests.

I used to play Aion, and it was terribly annoying having random people’s duel request prompts pop up on your screen again and again when you’ve already declined.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

in Suggestions

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

This is probably the most requested feature in the game, not sure why it isn’t implemented yet >.>

in Suggestions

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

There’s a thread for this under suggestions. Actually there have been several, and they have all been merged….

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Suggestions

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

This is probably the most requested feature in the game, not sure why it isn’t implemented yet >.>

Probably because while it’s the most requested feature it’s also the most hated one, or at least that’s the general vibe I get from reading the 9 pages thread on it:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Open-world-Duels-Merged/page/1

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Suggestions

Posted by: sonicwhip.9052

sonicwhip.9052

I hope they make dueling but I would not want it in the open world where the events are happening.
it should be limited to the spvp lobby and friendlies dueling each other in the WvW safe areas. and maybe in the open world some dueling designated areas to keep away from the events.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I suspect the custom arenas are the happy medium the devs have decided on. Keeps dueling away from those who don’t want to be asked all the time “wanna duel” while giving people who want to duel an option to go to a 1v1 build arena. Then, and this is important, they figured out a way to make money on it which makes them happy.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

This statement is in almost every single thread on forums.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Suggestions

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

yeah this thread will probably be merged into the giant mass that is the duel request thread.

There’s is a surprising amount of opposition to putting duels into this game. Something about not wanting to ever have to press “decline” on a duel. Who knows…

First they take our World pvp.
Then they take our DPS meters.
Then our /inspect
Now they come for our duels…

There is a trend with MMOs and especially this game, where NO ONE can be a loser. Everyone has to win everything, every time. Even if that means progressive homogenization and brain-dead difficulty levels.

in Suggestions

locoman.1974

yeah this thread will probably be merged into the giant mass that is the duel request thread.

There’s is a surprising amount of opposition to putting duels into this game. Something about not wanting to ever have to press “decline” on a duel. Who knows…

Then our /inspect

There is a trend with MMOs and especially this game, where NO ONE can be a loser. Everyone has to win everything, every time. Even if that means progressive homogenization and brain-dead difficulty levels.

eeer… they didn’t take any of those away, at least not in this game… it just never had them in the first place..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

don’t you think there could be quite a bit of griefing if open world duels is put in?

I’d like to see some sort of arenas put in, maybe in the cities (Lions Arch seems like the perfect place for it) and in those places you could have duels setup.

in Suggestions

Scrambles.2604

Then our /inspect

eeer… they didn’t take any of those away, at least not in this game… it just never had them in the first place..

yeah, i know. Since this thread is going to be obliterated shortly i figured i would rant about the state of MMOs in general. GW2 is just a reflection of the direction MMOs seem to be going.

in Suggestions

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

Then our /inspect

He meant take away as in the idea that they purposely did not included what is typically expected in an MMO nowadays. But yes, we didn’t get them in the first place.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

in Suggestions

locoman.1974

don’t you think there could be quite a bit of griefing if open world duels is put in?

I’d like to see some sort of arenas put in, maybe in the cities (Lions Arch seems like the perfect place for it) and in those places you could have duels setup.

I’d vote for the black citadel as well (mainly because I support adding more stuff to other cities to get people to to them as well). There’s an area there that would be perfect, it’s already an arena with spectator area and all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Erewhon.2590

Erewhon.2590

And yet if you take a look around, you’ll see the guy isn’t off the mark. I’m pretty sure dueling is the most requested feature.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

First they take our World pvp. Doesn’t work with the team aspect of the DE system.
Then they take our DPS meters. Why do you want more screen clutter?
Then our /inspect cosmetic only with player/guild message and profiles
Now they come for our duels… I think this will be add over time

in Suggestions

Scrambles.2604

First they take our World pvp. Doesn’t work with the team aspect of the DE system.
Then they take our DPS meters. Why do you want more screen clutter?
Then our /inspect cosmetic only with player/guild message and profiles
Now they come for our duels… I think this will be add over time

i guess you’ve proven my point. The general attitudes you hear from people tend to be against these features.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

And yet if you take a look around, you’ll see the guy isn’t off the mark. I’m pretty sure dueling is the most requested feature.

So I took a look around.

More than say….. a LFG? or…

Increased story rewards https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/No-one-will-do-Story-Mode/page/4#post2112461 16k views

Mounts- over a hundred posts in just the last few months?

Right click toggle https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/An-option-to-disable-right-click-targeting/page/13#post2123197 20,000 + views.

Return of Cantha https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/The-Cantha-Thread/page/21#post2079965 66,000+ views.

So yea.. But hey, duels seems popular, despite the fact that in every post half the posters are against it. Just take a look around next time before calling something a “most wanted feature”, or use “In my opinion”.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moderator.9672

Moderator.9672

Hi everyone,

Since there is already a main thread about this suggestion here, this one is now locked.

Thanks for your understanding.