Dungeon Group Finder

Dungeon Group Finder

in Suggestions

Posted by: Prettz.6758

Prettz.6758

I’ve been quite pleased with ArenaNet’s GuildWars endeavors to date. I have no substantial complaints about the game—I think it’s a fine piece of work and enjoyable to boot. In particular, GW2 excels at learning from the developments of MMOs that came before it to better serve the player base. There is one area ArenaNet could extend this modus operandi to: composing a dungeon group.

Therefore, I would like to suggest the implementation of some sort of group finder/group builder in-game tool. Dungeons are the one part of GW2 I haven’t done much in yet—in large part because finding a PUG is tiresome. I understand there are forum options for finding a group, but I think an in-game tab would be more efficient and user-friendly. What I’m envisioning is something very much like the WvWvW or SPvP tabs; players would select which dungeon and dungeon mode they wanted, then hit a button titled “find group” and the game itself would find a group for them.

Dungeon Group Finder

in Suggestions

Posted by: Palinore.9204

Palinore.9204

And temple group finder. Thanks

Dungeon Group Finder

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zymosis.9283

Zymosis.9283

Just came to the forums to suggest the same thing. Yeah we really need dungeon finder, since most of the people are doing fractals now. I don’t have some of explorable paths completed yet and looking for group takes ages.

There is alternative “gw2lfg.com” but it’s not part of the game, and therefore I would much rather have a tab that starts a search for groups, which in my opinion would be more reliable and as stated before user-friendly.

Dungeon Group Finder

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aleighe.1936

Aleighe.1936

Yes please make a automated dungeon group finder tab. It would make finding everything a lot easier.

Dungeon Group Finder

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kyo Jota.3157

Kyo Jota.3157

I was coming to the forum to ask the same thing, lately i was trying to find a group to do the TA dungeon, 3 days of searching (just 2 hours per day) and no success, i would really appreciate a good dungeon group finder feature. Use creativity arenanet and make a unique one, i’m sure a lot of people would do dungeons more often.
Srry for my bad english, it is not my native language

Dungeon Group Finder

in Suggestions

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Yes, there needs to be one in game.
However, for the time being, there is gw2lfg.com
Works pretty well.

Dungeon Group Finder

in Suggestions

Posted by: PurpleRose.5483

PurpleRose.5483

As long as the dungeons and temple finder has some requirement i approve:
1)The dungeon/temple finder MUST NOT be cross realm(Its something else to play on dungeons with real life friends rather than people from other realms that you will not see them again!
2)Must not be like others mmorpg’s.I approve a dungeon finder that doesn’t instant teleports you to the dungeon!
3)No requirements for the dungeons!(I dont count on that the leveling part) Please don’t ever think to add something like gearscore on this game!

This is my personal opinion and i will be really pleased not to see the game goes like other games!

ps.As long for the gw2lfg.com its a nice idea to be implemented in game.Like a tab to post there like a channel!

Enjoy game and smile Always

Dungeon Group Finder

in Suggestions

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

@PurpleRose.5483
I agree with what you posted, I don’t think they can make us teleport inside anyway, there are some dungeons that can be “contested”. Maybe adding more exciting events to unlock the dungeons will be a nice addition to all/most dungeons?

When lots and lots of players are using a third party tool for their everyday gaming then something is wrong with the game

Dungeon Group Finder /signed

Dungeon Group Finder

in Suggestions

Posted by: PurpleRose.5483

PurpleRose.5483

@maddoctor.2738
Thank you for your post friend!You added a really nice point that i forgot!
This game is based on dynamic events and as maddoctor stated correctly teleporting inside the dungeon instantly will ruin the dynamics events!

Enjoy game and smile Always

Dungeon Group Finder

in Suggestions

Posted by: JeetyWeety.2948

JeetyWeety.2948

I also think that the game sorely needs a LFG window/channel.

As for…

1)The dungeon/temple finder MUST NOT be cross realm(Its something else to play on dungeons with real life friends rather than people from other realms that you will not see them again!
2)Must not be like others mmorpg’s.I approve a dungeon finder that doesn’t instant teleports you to the dungeon!
3)No requirements for the dungeons!(I dont count on that the leveling part) Please don’t ever think to add something like gearscore on this game!

I disagree with all of these — especially the first one. I don’t care about grouping with people on my server or not. I only care about finding a group fast, and I’d rather take a group immediately instead of waiting 10-15min to find 4 others on my server to go.

Dungeon Group Finder

in Suggestions

Kyo Jota.3157

I also think that the game sorely needs a LFG window/channel.

As for…

I disagree with all of these — especially the first one. I don’t care about grouping with people on my server or not. I only care about finding a group fast, and I’d rather take a group immediately instead of waiting 10-15min to find 4 others on my server to go.

Maybe can exist a point on the feature where u can choose if u want ppl of the same server or not

Dungeon Group Finder

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

To everyone here, please use the Search function

To the OP
If you used the search function you would have found out that the

www.gw2lfg.com

is what they ( arena net ) is putting in the game as a UI come this January and February

This thread is not even needed, making multiple threads saying the same thing about a feature they are already putting into the game is redundant and a waste of space.

If you curious on how the new LFG UI for in game will work go to GW2lfg.com the Moderators said that Arena Net supports this site and will implement it’s tools and ideas in the game.

Dungeon Group Finder

in Suggestions

Kyo Jota.3157

To the OP

www.gw2lfg.com

is what they ( arena net ) is putting in the game as a UI come this January and February

This thread is not even needed, making multiple threads saying the same thing about a feature they are already putting into the game is redundant and a waste of space.

If you curious on how the new LFG UI for in game will work go to GW2lfg.com the Moderators said that Arena Net supports this site and will implement it’s tools and ideas in the game.

I apologize, it’s my first time using the forum, btw thank you very much for the information.

Dungeon Group Finder

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

To the OP

www.gw2lfg.com

I apologize, it’s my first time using the forum, btw thank you very much for the information.

No problem a lot of people re post threads and do not use the search function your not the first nor will you be the last.

Dungeon Group Finder

in Suggestions

Posted by: Negrul.5423

Negrul.5423

There is one area ArenaNet could extend this modus operandi to: composing a dungeon group.

I think that is the most important change that this game needs. Waiting for two hours to get a group for a dungeon, it’s not fun at all.

Proper Dungeon Finder is needed.

Dungeon Group Finder

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

There is one area ArenaNet could extend this modus operandi to: composing a dungeon group.

I think that is the most important change that this game needs. Waiting for two hours to get a group for a dungeon, it’s not fun at all.

How are you waiting 2 hours? I hardly ever wait 10 minutes

Dungeon Group Finder

in Suggestions

Posted by: Terrin.2685

Terrin.2685

To the OP

www.gw2lfg.com

a forum board as a group finder? I’d rather they not do anything at all. That is one of the laziest ideas for a group finder I’ve seen yet.

I honestly don’t understand why so many MMO developers are ok with releasing their services with no or weak group finders. But to toss in a forum board for finding a group is a lousy idea. Why should I have to go to another website, even through an in game window, to find a group?

I can’t get over just how weak this idea seems. I would rather they add hero units to the game than this.

I hope I’m wrong. I hope this isn’t as lame as it looks. If it is I’ll be blowing off the Destiny’s Edge story line and passing on killing the dragons.

This thread is needed as it helps drive the point home that ArenaNet needs to get a good group finder in the game ASAP.

Dungeon Group Finder

in Suggestions

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

This thread is needed as it helps drive the point home that ArenaNet needs to get a good group finder in the game ASAP.

I don’t think we will get the website inside the game but rather an in-game tool that has the same functionality. It doesn’t make sense to have the actual website in-game…

Dungeon Group Finder

in Suggestions

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

This function is necessary… I understand all the crying over not wanting to be wow, but this game’s loot system is far from wow, so ninja’ing isn’t even a possibility. Also…helllllo…there aren’t even any dedicated roles, people would find groups almost instantly. Saves tons of time, meet new people, and get the dungeons/modes you need done without constantly spamming chat all day or posting on a web forum (gw2lfg.com)..

I mean you guys are innovative, at least that’s what you are trying to do with this entire game, right? Be innovative? Well, you can’t be innovative while converting back to ancient-mmo ways.

And for all those who say..just need to be a little more social..that’s not even it. Case-in-point is the whole creation of this outside source just to get GROUPS! People are forced to create their own lfg tool because of Arenanet’s failure to implement one.

Now, I apologize for a little 4 day necro on the thread but I didn’t feel like creating a new one to make the same point. I’d really would like to hear what ArenaNet’s view on this situation is because I feel it’s quite detrimental.. especially when dungeons are one of a handful of things to do at max level, so they are important to be running.