Dungeon tokens bounding.

Dungeon tokens bounding.

in Suggestions

Posted by: itamar.4690

itamar.4690

I had more than a thousand CoF tokens, that i saved for a new gear for my warrior.
The tokens were on my thief, so with all the excitment i purchased the HEAVY gear on my thief , that wears MEDIUM gear.
so i put the gear in my bank and when i log into my warrior for my suprise the gear was soulbound, which i found very upsetting.
and i know, thats my problem for not noticing, but there was no warning about purchasing a HEAVY gear that i cant possibly use, wasting a thousand if not more tokens that took weeks to get, but now i cant use the gear that i bought.
so im suggesting to make it account bound, and not soulbound on aquire to avoid those akward situations, that are just so frustrating and that killed all my motivation for my warrior, this is not a gamebreaking problem just a very big lifestyle suggestion, as the small things do matter.
also i sent a mail to support and they couldnt help at all (if anyone cares)
TL;DR
dungeons gear are soulbound on purchase, not on usage.
so you can buy the wrong gear (a thief buying HEAVY armor instead of MEDIUM)
and it will be worthless, and a big waste of tokens and time.
my suggestion is making the dungeons gear soulbound on usage and not on purchase.

Dungeon tokens bounding.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

TL;DR

Should’ve transferred the tokens to your Warrior first. I suppose that’s harsh of me to say, but being too careful is never bad :p

Far Shiverpeaks

Dungeon tokens bounding.

in Suggestions

itamar.4690

TL;DR

Should’ve transferred the tokens to your Warrior first.

obviously..?
a good game starts with the small details

Dungeon tokens bounding.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

It tells you right on the purchase tab that the equipment is Soulbound on Acquire.

Dungeon tokens bounding.

in Suggestions

itamar.4690

It tells you right on the purchase tab that the equipment is Soulbound on Acquire.

I know that and that writen in the post , im just saying there is no reason to not change it to account bound on purchase and then to soulbound on equip, no downside for that
only good will come out of this.

Dungeon tokens bounding.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I know that and that writen in the post , im just saying there is no reason to not change it to account bound on purchase and then to soulbound on equip, no downside for that

I am not trying to be rude, I really do understand your, “pain,” in this situations, but you are mistaken about there being no reason to not change it…

Any such change would take developer resources that can be better spent elsewhere. There is no amount of dev time spent on it that will prevent people from choosing to not read a warning, from clicking on, “yes,” when they really should click on, “no,” or, “cancel,” and so on.

There comes a point at which spending finite resources to prevent people from choosing to act against their own interests is throwing good money after bad.

Dungeon tokens bounding.

in Suggestions

itamar.4690

I am not trying to be rude, I really do understand your, “pain,” in this situations, but you are mistaken about there being no reason to not change it…

Any such change would take developer resources that can be better spent elsewhere. There is no amount of dev time spent on it that will prevent people from choosing to not read a warning, from clicking on, “yes,” when they really should click on, “no,” or, “cancel,” and so on.

There comes a point at which spending finite resources to prevent people from choosing to act against their own interests is throwing good money after bad.

I do understand what you are saying but this could prevent people from doing this same frustrating mistake.
I was so excited when i had enough tokens so i just went to the token exchanger and just bought it , i didnt even notice it was soulbound until i logged on to my warrior and couldnt extract it from the bank.
I’m pretty confident im not the first one this happend to, but in general this is about life quality of the game itself, you can be that guy “your problem that you havent notice” but in the end its never just one person.

Dungeon tokens bounding.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I absolutely agree with you, these items should be accountbound on aquire and soulbound on use.
Guess what? Months ago I bought my first AC greatsword…with my Necro! I did not even go to read that soulbound on a aquire part, since I was more than confident that since tokens are accountbound, the mechanic would be the same when aquiring the item, but of course not and I had a Greatsword salvaged and wasted that way.
Not long ago then, I bought HotW medium coat for my Charr Engi. She was high level but not 80 yet, I would never have thought I would ever delete her, but as the Engi received some changes in the time, I just could not enjoy to play her anymore so, a good exotic gear went wasted again for being soulbound without reason.
I do not blame ANet for any of these cases of course, it was my fault only for not paying enough attention and for taking a risk.
But still, I believe that just making these items accountbound on aquire would only do some good and prevent people from ending up in such /horribly/ unpleasant situations. It is not that deciding which character will use the tokens to buy the items would break the economy nor anything after all!

\||||||/
O°v°O

Dungeon tokens bounding.

in Suggestions

itamar.4690

I absolutely agree with you, these items should be accountbound on aquire and soulbound on use.
Guess what? Months ago I bought my first AC greatsword…with my Necro! I did not even go to read that soulbound on a aquire part, since I was more than confident that since tokens are accountbound, the mechanic would be the same when aquiring the item, but of course not and I had a Greatsword salvaged and wasted that way.
Not long ago then, I bought HotW medium coat for my Charr Engi. She was high level but not 80 yet, I would never have thought I would ever delete her, but as the Engi received some changes in the time, I just could not enjoy to play her anymore so, a good exotic gear went wasted again for being soulbound without reason.
I do not blame ANet for any of these cases of course, it was my fault only for not paying enough attention and for taking a risk.
But still, I believe that just making these items accountbound on aquire would only do some good and prevent people from ending up in such /horribly/ unpleasant situations. It is not that deciding which character will use the tokens to buy the items would break the economy nor anything after all!

To me this was such a frustrating situation i just stopped playing since all this time i invested in this went to nothing, and now i just hope this will get fixed / changed
and i can get my gear to my warrior or atleast a refund :\

Dungeon tokens bounding.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

I think it’s fine currently. Yes, it can be harsh at start but that’s why you READ an item before buying it and that you carefully check when there is a confirmation popup. A confirmation popup is always a good sign to tell you to go back and check!

Dungeon tokens bounding.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

Items should not be soul bound period. This is lame, every MMORPG game that I play uses this soul bound crap…

Dungeon tokens bounding.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

actually, there is.

If I have a necro in full CoF beserker gear, and I level up a mesmer and an ele… I can swap that same set of armor among all three if it’s BoA rather than needing to get it for each toon.

Removing the bind will also cause a reduction in transmute crystal sales (if you want that look but not those stats)

Dungeon tokens bounding.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

Items should not be soul bound period. This is lame, every MMORPG game that I play uses this soul bound crap…

cause otherwise you have an economy on par with Diablo 3’s.

Dungeon tokens bounding.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arigilos.2806

Arigilos.2806

I think this would be a good idea. Obviously you can avoid making this mistake by reading the item descriptions, but the possibility of making that mistake shows that there’s a mistake in the programming and whatnot. It would be ridiculously stupid to lose weeks of work because you decided to try to buy an item first and then transfer it over to your character instead of transferring the money over to your character first and then buying it on that character.

If dungeon tokens were soulbound on acquire instead of account bound on acquire (Which I’m glad they aren’t) then I would disagree with you, but since this isn’t the case, I think you’re 100% right that the items purchased with these dungeon tokens should also be account bound and THEN soulbound after used.