Duplicate Item Names (not duplicates)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

Not sure about the rest of you but it bugs me a bit to see so many items (armor/weapons mostly) with the same rarity, level and name as another item but have completely different stats, or in some cases have exactly the SAME stats, but for some reason are classed as a different item, even though the two items are identical.

obviously this is an issue with how anet have categorized the items on the database, but surely it’s in their best interests (to reduce server load on the TP browsing) to consolidate all these duplicate items, or at least have differently named items if they are not the same, so peoples searches are more refined and easier for them to use.

I dunno, maybe its just me, but I’ve never seen a game where there are duplicate item names quite in this manner before.

I can imagine it’s a lengthy task for anet to “fix” this, but it shouldn’t have happened in the first place….

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

(edited by Vashoom.8512)

in Suggestions

Posted by: hurlockbr.4573

hurlockbr.4573

Well, the item name is usually composed by 3 main words, the first one is the stats of the item, the second one is for the item skin and the third is for the sigil/rune.

For example:
Strong Swindler Coat of the Citadel
Ravaging Swindler Coat of Hoelbrak

They both look the same, but the strong/ravaging means they have different status and the Citadel/Hoelbrak tells wich rune they have on it.

Sorry for my english, i hope i was clear enough

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

your English was fine, perfectly explained (though I am aware of this naming convention already).

the problem I mention is items with the same name but different stats and runes (where applicable). most of these are basic (white) items, but there are many fine, masterwork, rare and possibly even exotic with this issue.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)