Dwarves in future expansion

in Suggestions

Posted by: DOVAHKIIN.3768

DOVAHKIIN.3768

Q:

Dear Anet
I think you should add a Dwarf race in a future expansion. I know that they turned into stone to fight the great destroyer and can’t repopulate but I have an indea. What if the Dwarves defeated the great destroyer and got a blessing from the sylvaris because they are like the race of life if you know what I am trying to say. And what this blessing did was that it turned the stone Dwarves back into normal shape. (spoiler) I mean this should be possible. Thareane (not sure if I spelled his name right) did a ritual in Orr with his sword that made life and weaken Ziathan.

They could do the same type of ritual to the Dwarves. Give them life back. I’m sure there is reasons why they shouldn’t be playable. For example, Dwarves usually don’t like magic and this would get akward if you were to create a Dwarf elementalist. But come on, you are able to create a Sylvari necromanser and a norn thief.

So I am begging you to implement Dwarves to the game. I am tierd of Dwarves dying. Come on, who wouldn’t want to play a Dwarf with a long beard, shouting in a scottish accent? I even think this idea would bring more people to the game since the Yogscast are big Dwarf lovers and there fans are to.

Yours sincerely Dovahkiin

in Suggestions

Posted by: Insane.8291

Insane.8291

I would love to see an expansion dealing with somehow reverting the Stone Dwarf thing, effectivly saving them and making them playable in the future.

in Suggestions

Posted by: piitb.7635

piitb.7635

Dwarves will probably be featured in the Primordius expansion.

The way I see it.

Next is Jormag. This will focus on the far north shiverpeaks and Norn and Kodan struggles.

Following that will probably be Elona and the crystal dragon Kralkatorrik.

After that is probably Cantha, the underwater dragon and all of that stuff.

Then finally the Primordius expansion which will be an underground expnasion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

we’ll likely see them, but we won’t play them.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Suggestions

DOVAHKIIN.3768

They should add spears as a new weapon type for the Jormag expansion since the vikings used it. The battleaxe could be a good weapon type for the Dwarf expansion aswell.

in Suggestions

piitb.7635

They should add spears as a new weapon type for the Jormag expansion since the vikings used it. The battleaxe could be a good weapon type for the Dwarf expansion aswell.

Jormag will probably be greataxes and crossbows.

in Suggestions

DOVAHKIIN.3768

What would the difference between a bow and a crossbow gameplay wise?

in Suggestions

piitb.7635

What would the difference between a bow and a crossbow gameplay wise?

Different skills.

That’s like asking whats the difference between one hand swords and one hand axes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nhalx.9735

Nhalx.9735

The way i see it, with knowing what happened in Guild wars 1.
Sure, 300 spartanian dwarves defending some bunkered asuran gateways would be possible.
But 2 million dwarves running around because they’re palyable, not so much. =d

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Hm… I don’t think that’s feasible.

First of all, all dwarves look male (that doesn’t mean all of them are, though).
Second, all of them are turned into stone, so they all have the same colors. Judging from the greenish tints I’d say it’s something close to serpentinite. Some waited to undergo the ritual, but all of them did.
That’s not something that can be easily changed, as all dwarves that were transformed and appeared after that in GW1 looked the same.

One of the key factors needed to make a race playable is customization. And one of the most important parts of that is color.
And I doubt they’ll like to do something like painting over themselves, and it doesn’t look like the ritual can be reverted.
So all of them would look mostly the same, and won’t be even able to change appearance with armors.

So, for now, looks like the only good choices are Tengu and, if there’s some lore reason for them to stop killing like psychopaths, the largos.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

BrunoBRS.5178

i can get behind this. greataxes are the definition of awesome, and my thief needs better ranged options :P

in Suggestions

BrunoBRS.5178

So, for now, looks like the only good choices are Tengu and, if there’s some lore reason for them to stop killing like psychopaths, the largos.

AND THE KODAN.

why do people always forget the kodan?

NO THEY’RE NOT LIKE NORNS.

in Suggestions

DOVAHKIIN.3768

Hm… I don’t think that’s feasible.

First of all, all dwarves look male (that doesn’t mean all of them are, though).
Second, all of them are turned into stone, so they all have the same colors. Judging from the greenish tints I’d say it’s something close to serpentinite. Some waited to undergo the ritual, but all of them did.
That’s not something that can be easily changed, as all dwarves that were transformed and appeared after that in GW1 looked the same.

One of the key factors needed to make a race playable is customization. And one of the most important parts of that is color.
And I doubt they’ll like to do something like painting over themselves, and it doesn’t look like the ritual can be reverted.
So all of them would look mostly the same, and won’t be even able to change appearance with armors.

But, as far as I know the Tengo doesn’t have a dragon issue.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RaGe.9834

RaGe.9834

I was just
[spoiler alert]
playing arah today and good ol’ oggy was there, so dwarves are in the game, but as for the race being playable (which sorry don’t have time to read in full detail) as you may have suggested, read up on the lore for the dwarves and you’ll see why that’s no longer an option

What are you a jock?…. get out, This is nerd landia, where nerds gather!

in Suggestions

DOVAHKIIN.3768

I can’t see the Kodan as possible because they all look the same.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

I see easy 6 expansions for the game.

1.-Pre Cantha – New Islands, Fire Ring , MR. Bubbles ( Water Dragon ) firsts Cantha Zones.

2.- Cantha expansion with the new Emperor.

3.- Pre Elona- Crystal Dessert, Kralkkatorrik first Elona Zones

4.- Elona with Palawa Joko

5.- Tyria with North shiverpeak with Jormag north ascalon with the Legion flame citadel.

6.- Tyria with Maguma, underground world and Primordus.

Of course the order could be other.

(edited by GonzoNeo.4965)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mutiny.4180

Mutiny.4180

Uh. What? There is only one largos in the game that fights the player to the death, and he’s not even titled as being a largos. Every other largos is either friendly or goes friendly after you best them and then takes their leave. Hardly psychopathic.

Pretty sure they’re having to deal with destroyers, at least a few outside the Dominion of Winds are.

(edited by Mutiny.4180)

in Suggestions

BrunoBRS.5178

says the person suggesting the dwarves to be playable.

in Suggestions

BrunoBRS.5178

Uh. What? There is only one largos in the game that fights the player to the death, and he’s not even titled as being a largos. Every other largos is either friendly or goes friendly after you best them and then takes their leave. Hardly psychopathic.

the largos are a race of underwater silent assassins that prove their worth by killing their prey.

think of them as norns, if norns killed everything on sight to prove just how good they are.

that said, i can see them putting that aside to get help against bubbles.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

No No No. The dwarves sacrificed themselves and end of EotN to save Tyria. Making them a playable race would cheapen that. If you want another Race, then I would say it’ll be the Tengu. I’d even go for Centaur. I say these because the are two of the longest running races in Tyria. They’ve been around since Prophecies.

in Suggestions

DOVAHKIIN.3768

Why would the Dwarves look the same?!

in Suggestions

BrunoBRS.5178

because they’re all stone? your “they all look the same” excuse applies here. ANet didn’t bother with a bunch of unique dwarf looks. combine that with the fact that they’re all just grey rocky beings (that can’t even wear armor to look distinguished) and you have your reason.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Prometheus.9238

Prometheus.9238

You guys do know that the dwarves where probably taken out of the game on purpose because there a very generic race like orcs and elves. The entire point of GW2 races was for them to be more unique then the ones used in other games. Except for humans of course, every game needs a human option, not everybody wants an alien character. Sure you could say asura look and act a little like gnomes but its hardly a perfect comparison. But dwarves who are good at building things, live in the snowy mountains ,like drinking, have a Scottish accent, etc… That’s a little to generic.

in Suggestions

DOVAHKIIN.3768

because they’re all stone? your “they all look the same” excuse applies here. ANet didn’t bother with a bunch of unique dwarf looks. combine that with the fact that they’re all just grey rocky beings (that can’t even wear armor to look distinguished) and you have your reason.

But we only got to see one Dwarf in the game and that was Ogden.

in Suggestions

DOVAHKIIN.3768

You guys do know that the dwarves where probably taken out of the game on purpose because there a very generic race like orcs and elves. The entire point of GW2 races was for them to be more unique then the ones used in other games. Except for humans of course, every game needs a human option, not everybody wants an alien character. Sure you could say asura look and act a little like gnomes but its hardly a perfect comparison. But dwarves who are good at building things, live in the snowy mountains ,like drinking, have a Scottish accent, etc… That’s a little to generic.

But they are so awesome.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ridkal Enrealm.3280

Ridkal Enrealm.3280

Dwarves won’t be playable most likely just because they are generic. Every other MMO out there has Dwarf/Elves. Sure GW2 has the Asura/Sylvari which are the equivilant to other races, but they’re culture and backstories are majorly different and this is what sets them apart.

“Like” my page on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/GolemLovingRodent

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]

AND THE KODAN.

why do people always forget the kodan?

NO THEY’RE NOT LIKE NORNS.

Kodan all look like polar bears. There’s no lore about them looking like anything but white polar bears.
Do you really want to see something like they did with pandas in WoW? That was horrid.

[…]

They are getting destroyers within their walls every now and then.

And, well… the dragons are everyone’s issue. Probably even an issue to each other.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

People only think about expansions related to Cantha and Elona….

Do people not think about the rest of the giant planet…not counting underworld and other dimension zones?

Id like to see Anet take the game in completely undiscovered locations.

Not counting all the other races and kingdoms no one else have ever heard of that they could go into spread out across the planet.

Colored ZOnes is GW1/2 Main map Cantha and elona

Attachments: