Dye Title?/Achievement

Dye Title?/Achievement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Healer Demon.8069

Healer Demon.8069

Q:

Would it be possible to add in a title, for all dye colors unlocked? Or a achievement?

Healer Demon! JQ Member
Friends in many guilds on JQ, and other servers.
It’s a game enjoy your play time, leave the QQ, for your X .

Dye Title?/Achievement

in Suggestions

Posted by: brynn rayleen.8143

brynn rayleen.8143

I agree…getting a dye title or achievement would be awesome

Dye Title?/Achievement

in Suggestions

Posted by: VanderBeltLegacy.4736

VanderBeltLegacy.4736

also let us know how many there are (i.e:u unlocked 50/503 dies, etc.

Dye Title?/Achievement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Of course its possible, I would also like to see a title for this.

The only reason I can think of that would make this request difficult is the fact that it is very likely that they may add/delete dyes.

But also for you other title hunters, expect many more titles to be created for other deeds you have done.

Dye Title?/Achievement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The difficulty with this title is that it’s either a matter of complete luck or of money alone. Anyone with enough money can just buy the dyes; anyone without enough money has to depend on luck to acquire unID dyes and which colors unlock for them.

Is it possible to add a title or achievement points? Sure. Should they? In my opinion, no.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Dye Title?/Achievement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daemon.7682

Daemon.7682

If they add something it should be worth 0 points and no title.

Dye Title?/Achievement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

The difficulty with this title is that it’s either a matter of complete luck or of money alone.

Is that not true for several titles? If it is worth 0 points then why even bother? As for adding and removing dyes, they could just make the achievement be countable and not include every dye possible. 4 tiers of a total 150 unique dyes or perhaps one counted every time a dye is unlocked on a character, 10 tiers of 300 dyes unlocked.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

Dye Title?/Achievement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azaziel.3608

Azaziel.3608

If they add something it should be worth 0 points and no title.

Like if points were actually useful for smoething…
Also…why not?

Dye Title?/Achievement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cagey.1609

Cagey.1609

If this isn’t an achievement or set of achievements, it could also go in the dye interface next to the paper doll (just a #/# for current total in each header would be nice, e.g. “Vibrant (12/200)”.

That said, I don’t see why it’s much different than the existing money-only cultural armor achievements under fashion—the system is designed to give people a wide variety of things to care about, and if you really are worried about getting everything achieved, I’d be much more freaked out about “Legendary Collector: 0 Unique Legendary Items” under Explorer than collecting dyes .

Dye Title?/Achievement

in Suggestions

Healer Demon.8069

Of course its possible, I would also like to see a title for this.

The only reason I can think of that would make this request difficult is the fact that it is very likely that they may add/delete dyes.

But also for you other title hunters, expect many more titles to be created for other deeds you have done.

I didn’t think about that Lord Aargadon. Good point. About them adding/deleting dyes.

It’s just a suggestion everyone. It wouldn’t have to be “all dyes”. As for the comments of it being money driven. Yes, some players would go out and buy a bunch of them. Just to have the title. (the mini pet title anyone) So if that were to be the case, we could just have it as a tier achievement with no title.

Personally speaking, just 100% zones & doing dungeons/events in the game. I’ve probably unlocked over 100 unique dyes. Kinda curious, to know how many their actually is. And how close I am to having them all.

Healer Demon! JQ Member

Dye Title?/Achievement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Direngrey.1247

Direngrey.1247

Name example.
(The Colourful)
(Rainbow Master)

Something like that.

Dye Title?/Achievement

in Suggestions

Posted by: demons grl.1642

demons grl.1642

I think it would be a great idea. Also is it possible to make unlocked dyes account wide instead of character based?

Dye Title?/Achievement

in Suggestions

Turial.1293

I think it would be a great idea. Also is it possible to make unlocked dyes account wide instead of character based?

Short answer; No.
Long answer; You can’t add the same dye to the one character. If you unlock an “Abyss dye” on your ranger and lucky enough to get a second one it will say it is already unlocked on that character. You can still send it onto another character to unlock it or sell it for cash.

Dye Title?/Achievement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Unknownsole.4672

Unknownsole.4672

The problem with this is titles/achievements are account wide, while dyes are character based. However they could do it through most dye collections on a character like map explorer. Also whats wrong with people buying it, people can buy crafting to 400 so that argument is invalid. It would be neat solely as a collection based thing and if not a title there should be you have x/y dyes on the dye page of a character so one can have a somewhat checklist to see their collection.

Dye Title?/Achievement

in Suggestions

Healer Demon.8069

Short answer; No.
Long answer; You can’t add the same dye to the one character. If you unlock an “Abyss dye” on your ranger and lucky enough to get a second one it will say it is already unlocked on that character. You can still send it onto another character to unlock it or sell it for cash.

I think they were suggesting that unlocked dyes , be made account wide. Instead of only character based.

I don’t think they were asking if you could do it. Else, they wouldn’t have made the comment “instead of character based”. Could be wrong thou.

Like to see them do something with this. In the future.

Healer Demon! JQ Member

(edited by Healer Demon.8069)

Dye Title?/Achievement

in Suggestions

Posted by: CaptainOok.1048

CaptainOok.1048

A dye title is a nice idea. Sounds like a title that will have a good name.

Dye Title?/Achievement

in Suggestions

Healer Demon.8069

It’s just a idea/suggestion. I would be happy with some of the other suggestions here. Of say on your hero tab. Uncommon dyes 20/500, Rare Dyes 30/100. Or the suggestion, that dye unlock be “account bound”, instead of character bound, as it is now. Just ideas to throw out their to Anet.
It wouldn’t have to be a “title”, could just be part of the achievements.

Healer Demon! JQ Member

Dye Title?/Achievement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

I wouldn’t mind knowing how many of a specific shade I have unlocked.

Dye Title?/Achievement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dasmordo.9654

Dasmordo.9654

Yeah I’m not sure why they don’t have an achievement/title already seeing as they have one for almost everything else, but yeah It would be really nice to have.

Dye Title?/Achievement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

There are just shy of 400 dyes. And no, I don’t think there should be a title/achievement for them.

Miniature Collector is your title/achievement for things you can spend real world money to get.

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear

Dye Title?/Achievement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

I dont see why people are complaining about others spending money to get titles when the title “golden” is available. I think it would be very cool to get a title for it.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Dye Title?/Achievement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Maybe it’s just me. I’ve got almost every dye in the game, as it’s not hard at all. The hard part is the last 10 or so. The price of specific rare dyes, that would usually be the last and hardest ones to find for everyone’s achievement would simply skyrocket. The cost of unidentified dyes would also go up considerably.

The raw damage it would do to the economy, vs the small reward of a title that you can’t see, and nobody else can see because you’re invisible in towns most of the time anyway...

Just let the dyes be for looking kitten good.

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear

Dye Title?/Achievement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Maybe it’s just me. I’ve got almost every dye in the game, as it’s not hard at all. The hard part is the last 10 or so. The price of specific rare dyes, that would usually be the last and hardest ones to find for everyone’s achievement would simply skyrocket. The cost of unidentified dyes would also go up considerably.

The raw damage it would do to the economy, vs the small reward of a title that you can’t see, and nobody else can see because you’re invisible in towns most of the time anyway…

Just let the dyes be for looking kitten good.

They could offset that by making unlocked dyes account-wide, which would reduce overall demand for dyes by making it easier for people to “max out” their dye collection.

Dye Title?/Achievement

in Suggestions

Turial.1293

Or how about this Nels; the dyes would skyrocket, cost of unidentified dyes would go up considerably.

So when I get an unidentified dye I can sell it and make a pretty penny. Why shouldn’t I? If I care about dyes I buy them/find them, if I don’t then I sell them and get rich. It’s is a win/win for players, there is no downside to it.

Dye Title?/Achievement

in Suggestions

Healer Demon.8069

Just so everyone knows. I was looking for a title, not for the money wise. Just wanting to know, how many colors, are available. I would be 100% happy. If they added in, only.

When you go to your hero color chart. Uncommon…. 50/100….Rare….20/200….ect.
It’s a pure, how many are their type of thing. I like the idea of a title. But only if it isn’t “all”. That way it doesn’t turn into a “money racket”. And that way, everyone can get it. I’m not rich in the game. I wouldn’t want it to turn into a title….only the rich can afford.

More of a title, that anyone can get. And give the rest of us , curious. How many their are….. If you understand.

Healer Demon! JQ Member

Dye Title?/Achievement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Panzerov.4017

Panzerov.4017

in my opinion just about EVERYTHING should give you titles, just pop titles in all over..
Dredge slaying title, yes please!

Dye Title?/Achievement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dino.3680

Dino.3680

I agree with Panzerov, give titles for almost everything.

Kind regards. ~Dino

Dye Title?/Achievement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skatch.6721

Skatch.6721

Seeing as though the achievements have no weight, and they’re only for each individual person, I think that they should totally make this an achievement. Who cares if someone spends 80 gold getting every single dye for their achievement versus finding their dyes throughout the world. Some people have fun buying their achievements, others have fun finding them. Who cares /how/ someone would get the chievey? It would be fun. Simple as that ^^

Dye Title?/Achievement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lillium.6481

Lillium.6481

Dye related achievements would be awesomely epic. They could be tiered like others so you get a pat on the back for having 1, 10, 50, 100, etc dye colors unlocked on a single character. (I personally have a severe case of altitis, so I’d appreciate if it counted unique colors across your account. But I also realize the practicality of doing this on a single character instead.)
A separate achievement (and title!) would be really cool for each rarity (fine, masterwork, rare) would be cool too. Though the rare achievement would need to count more like 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, etc as those are a lot less common to come by.

For counting in the possibility of future colors being added (though we are already given a huge and amazing selection), the “max” for the achievement (and thus when you get the title) wouldn’t need to be the actual total number of dyes. It could be awarded at like 200 fine dyes or 20 rare dyes, or something.
(I’m spitballing at numbers, I could be way off. I don’t remember offhand how many there are of each type. But general idea is there.)

If titles (and achievement points) are not a happening thing, a non-rewarding achievement would be nice just to help track what you have.