in Suggestions

Posted by: Wicked Rin.1972

Wicked Rin.1972

Please make dyes account bound.

Dye being account bound

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rick.5781

Rick.5781

I have to agree, wasting money on the same dye is irritating.

Dye being account bound

in Suggestions

Wicked Rin.1972

I only want this because there are so many dyes out there to collect.

Dye being account bound

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cyto.9401

Cyto.9401

unfortunatly they removed this from the beta after a lot of people complained that dyes where to rare, so they made them less rare, but as a compensation they made then soulbound.

i do agree though, i prefer accbound by far

Dye being account bound

in Suggestions

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Account bound dyes PLEASE. 17 characters and one of them gets abyss…. NONE of them will be getting super rare limited dyes.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

Dye being account bound

in Suggestions

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

I like alt-o-holics pushing up the price of my large stack of ltd. ed. dyes.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Dye being account bound

in Suggestions

WhiteAndMilky.2514

We don’t push the price up at all, we don’t buy them. We buy 0, none, nada, zilch. We WOULD buy them if they were account bound. You would actually profit from it if they made dyes account bound. So you should support it.

Dye being account bound

in Suggestions

Flissy.4093

We don’t push the price up at all, we don’t buy them. We buy 0, none, nada, zilch. We WOULD buy them if they were account bound. You would actually profit from it if they made dyes account bound. So you should support it.

YOU don’t buy them.

I know a few people who have bought a few of the more expensive ones (Deep Glacial, Pyre, Vincent) for every single profession they have.

The dyes are the price because the limited supply is lost when used and cannot be redeemed. Less being used = more supply = lower price, how would I profit?

Light Up the Darkness

Dye being account bound

in Suggestions

WhiteAndMilky.2514

YOU don’t buy them.

I know a few people who have bought a few of the more expensive ones (Deep Glacial, Pyre, Vincent) for every single profession they have.

The dyes are the price because the limited supply is lost when used and cannot be redeemed. Less being used = more supply = lower price, how would I profit?

None of the altists I know buy them. You have some rich friends. Introduce me? You would still gain a profit in the end. As players that are that rich are not as common as altists who are not rich. For every “duplicate” dye sale you would have lost, you would gain many more from the [lower class]

Dye being account bound

in Suggestions

Flissy.4093

YOU don’t buy them.

None of the altists I know buy them. You have some rich friends. Introduce me? You would still gain a profit in the the end of the current system. As players that are that rich are not as common as altists who are not rich. For every “duplicate” dye sale you would have lost, you would gain many more from the [lower class]

No, it’s just the “end game” is cosmetics, and you can’t really cheap out on cosmetics you like. You pay the price, as thats the “goal”.

If dyes are the thumb sticking out as the main issue of alts, you may want to take even a glance at the game.

Light Up the Darkness

Dye being account bound

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

The way I see it, and this is just an opinion… making dyes unlocked on a character basis (A.K.A soul bound basis) rather than on an account basis has meant that multiples of the same dye will constantly be bought just by 1 player. Whilst the way it is currently isn’t a bad thing for keeping the demand for a dye up, it is bad in the sense that sometimes those particular dyes are already in such limited numbers.

You only have to see how much the flame and frost dyes were affected when they were for a ‘limited time’, and when they were taken off the gem store, the prices skyrocketed because the supply went down rapidly as more players either hoarded them for investment purposes or actually used them by unlocking them on individual characters.

To counter this, I think dyes should be account bound – and if there should ever be a ridiculous surplus of them, Anet could create a mystic forge recipe (and the recipe could be used in a living story that’s only temporary, until the numbers are balanced again) that requires those dyes.

The way it is now, the supply of a few of the rare dyes like Flare, Molten, Celestial and Abyss, are getting smaller and smaller by the day, and with GW2 China being released sometime in the future, there’s even more demand, which will drive prices up even further if something isn’t done about it. MANY will miss out on a colour they so desperately want, and in my opinion, dyes should also never be discontinued or for a ‘limited’ time.

You have my support for dyes being account bound

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Dye being account bound

in Suggestions

Posted by: Syrpharon.7491

Syrpharon.7491

I completely support this.
Dyes should have always been account bound.
And if you want to counter the demand and supply thing, Anet simply makes more colors and shapes available instead of going around similar tones.

Dye being account bound

in Suggestions

Wicked Rin.1972

Yes! More people would buy dyes if they were account bound. I don’t think the dye market will be affected in a negative way at all. It’ll probably increase the demand for more dye supply.

Dye being account bound

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

actually less people would buy dyes if they were account bound cause they wouldn’t need as many and the dye market would crash overnight. It’s one of those good for the player bad for the economy things so i dont see it changing .

Dye being account bound

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I just checked how many ‘celestial’ dyes there were in supply right now. 77 of them. And how many players are there on GW2? In my opinion, there should be over 500+ available with the amount of players there are.

‘Abyss’ isn’t that much off either, only 66 available.
‘Flare’ is worse, with only 45 available.
and ‘Molten’ is almost non existent with only 22 available.

I don’t know how many players GW2 has, but one would assume easily over 100,000. That means the current supply for dyes is absolutely pathetic, especially when there’s less than 80 of quite a few of the rare dyes.

How can we as players ever hope to obtain these dyes with them being not only soul bound to individual characters, but in such limited supply?

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Dye being account bound

in Suggestions

Wicked Rin.1972

actually less people would buy dyes if they were account bound cause they wouldn’t need as many and the dye market would crash overnight. It’s one of those good for the player bad for the economy things so i dont see it changing .

More people would get dyes because it’s account bound. All the dyes on the trading post will be gone so fast.

Dye being account bound

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

The following weren’t account bound before but now are because it was smarter.

Account Bound:

Fractals of the Mist Levels
Wuv V Wuv Experience
Infinite Gathering Tools

(All of which were said to be soul bound and would remain soulbound forever.)

Why can’t we have dyes become Account Bound now? Do you have any idea how much a full set of dyes costs right now?

Anet would make a fortune, from people realizing they could get all the dyes on their characters by only buying them once. (Instead of henpecking and trying to decide if it is worth it.)

I probably would have bought all the F&F dyes from the gem store, and both of the other packs that have been introduced since then. (Even if it was a gamble). If they had been account bound.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

Dye being account bound

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orthas.4937

Orthas.4937

The market on the current low number dyes would skyrocket. if it was released that dyes were going to be account bound, everyone would cancel their sales and ramp up the price to some ridicules number.
you think 100g is too much for a dye? Imagine this hypothetical:
One person who has the money to buy all the current ones does, and then lists them at 1000+g each.
you really think it would help the issue?(making them account bound)
It would only help those who either, were lucky enough to get find them the normal way, or who already have them.

tl:dr
the average price on dyes would be raised massively.
they would be just as hard to get.

Newguy – GOM

I play when I can and help who I can

(edited by Orthas.4937)

Dye being account bound

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

dye being 1000 G is your argument FOR this ? ummmmmm ok

Dye being account bound

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ankou.5879