Dyes should be account wide

in Suggestions

Posted by: medohgeuh.4650

medohgeuh.4650

Thread title.

Just seems like a good idea now that we have an account bound wallet, never mind that it is mind boggling to begin with that someone thought it a good idea to have dyes assigned on a character-by-character basis when there’s over 400 of them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheFrutzinator.4209

TheFrutzinator.4209

true it should be account bound :/

Born in Blacktide, Living for Piken Square

commander in Too Hot For U [HoT]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Havoc.4680

Havoc.4680

But how would I make so much money selling dyes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

It’s funny but that was something that was planned by the developers before the game went into beta play, that dyes would be account wide but then it was retracted.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amaterasu.8639

Amaterasu.8639

agreed for the 10,000th time :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caramel Ham.4891

Caramel Ham.4891

yes please.

Since Anet is basically relegating everything to account bound, it doesn’t seem fair to me that anything that makes Anet money would be per character and anything that helps the player is being turned into account bound.

Doesn’t work that way. No more Gem purchases till something changes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ylarra.8652

Ylarra.8652

Agreed! Dyes SHOULD be account wide. I think it would lead more folks to actually get them all than do now already. Many people I know just get the ones they want, because they don’t want to spend the gold across multiple characters to get them on all of their toons. With it being account wide, I believe more would strive for it, especially it if ended up as an achievement (Colorful as a title perhaps?).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

When GW2 started, yes. A year later, no. Way too late to do that to us.

I have TONS of money spent on dyes across 8 characters. Many duplicates. I do NOT want to have wasted all that money on my dyes just because YOU are too cheap to buy dyes for your characters.

You can not “refund” me the money… nobody knows what I paid. You can not give me back all the duplicates to sell – there isn’t that much inventory space in my entire account. I could never sell them for as much as I paid anyway, since if everyone only needed ONE of every color, there wouldn’t be as much demand.

I also have certain colors I prefer for certain characters. I do not want to have to sift through an entire account worth of dyes, if (for example) a certain character only uses browns and greens.

It has been a year. Don’t you have a gazillion dyes anyway just from drops? And if not, look at the Trading Post. There are TONS of super-cheap dyes to keep you happy.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

in Suggestions

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

16 characters. Over 3k hours of playtime. I’ve never bought a dye that cost more than 1gold. There is no point for me. I will continue to not buy any dyes until I have nothing else to spend money on, or ARENANET finally makes our dyes account bound.

It has been a year. Don’t you have a gazillion dyes anyway just from drops? And if not, look at the Trading Post. There are TONS of super-cheap dyes to keep you happy.

I play wvw, we don’t get drops or dyes.

Edit: if you have a gazillion dyes all the time, what’s the problem? You’d rather the rest of us continue to be penalized for having multiple characters just because you were?

“Well when I was a kid I got beatings from my parents. It’s only fair that I beat my children since its what happened to me”….no

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

(edited by WhiteAndMilky.2514)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

i have multiple dyes across multiple characters, and i have spent about 50 gold for dyes on 9 characters. i want them account bound i dont care about the money or ever getting it back.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.