Elementalist PvE survival

in Suggestions

Posted by: Baddestchica.2348

Baddestchica.2348

This may have been mentioned already, so I apologize if this thread is a repeat.
I have a new Elementalist and when she goes down and is fighting for survival she has the ability to turn to mist and supposedly get away while her ‘heal’ cools down so she can survive.
The problem for me is that the npc’s can still target me and finish me off while I am in mist form and trying to move away. Is that intended? If so, why bother with the mist form? What’s the point? Please explain.

The gaming Madre

in Suggestions

Posted by: GADefence.5634

GADefence.5634

It’s working as intended. It’s less bad in groups and works quite well in WvW sieges if you can live long enough to not get FF’d to death. Ele’s down bar is not super though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Todd.8162

Todd.8162

The Thief has a similar ability and, I agree, it’s near-useless. The concealment from enemies does not last long enough. It fades quickly and the enemies you were trying to hide from are always still near and finish you off.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Baddestchica.2348

Baddestchica.2348

Thanks for the responses.
My suggestion is to make these fallen state morphs more beneficial.
I would like the chance to actually get away.
I turned to mist yesterday and got pretty far away from the npc’s – even around the side of a hill. Please picture a hill between myself and the enemies while I was in mist form.
They still finished me off from the other side of the hill.
And no there was no condition damage applying bleeding, frozen, or poison to me.

The gaming Madre

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drake Brimstone.3706

Drake Brimstone.3706

Um, you do know the Elementalist ability makes you invunerable to combat damage and heals you right? It doesn’t hide you but it does let you move out of say an AOE so that doesn’t kill you. I’ve used it to move off a short cliff to escape NPCs (Players will just follow you.) I’ve also used it in WvW to move through a portal into a keep where I could then get back up.