Emotes: Disapearing Weapons and Back Slots

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reece.7341

Reece.7341

I would greatly like for this to be fixed. Even if it just automatically sheathed your weapons (I’d prefer it didn’t effect your weapons at all), but making them disappear every time is just terribly immersion breaking for me.

Even when your weapons are sheathed and you /bow or /wave everything, shield, sword, backpack just disappears till the emote completes.

Anyone else bothered by this?

Sincerely

An obsessive emoter

in Suggestions

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I assume the reason they made emotes hide weapons is because they didn’t want to bother with making the emotes “play nice” with weapons (EG no weapon clipping through the back or something). Particularly with more energetic ones like certain races’ Laugh or most Dance emotes.

Which I agree with. I’d rather have the weapons disappear than have my staff jutting out of the middle of my back. Neither is perfect, but of the two I’d prefer just removing them.

They could adapt the weapon positions to the animations so they’d work properly, but I’d rather have them put that effort into something which would have more effect. Like making hair not disappear when wearing a helmet.