Enable On/Off option for World completion Star

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bunnehboo.6025

Bunnehboo.6025

Im working towards world completion because i want a legendary for my main which happens to be a mesmer. Only thing is my clones will not get the star if i get it. Which completely handy caps me in WvW and sPvP. So i suggest making the star like the commanders tag with an ability to turn it on or off. :/

~Caedas~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cagey.1609

Cagey.1609

Wow… I never noticed that clones didn’t get the star. What if they turned the star on for your clones, too? That could be a faster fix than implementing a new option, and people who didn’t realize the problem wouldn’t be penalized.

in Suggestions

Bunnehboo.6025

either way would work for me
>.< i noticed it when i was fighting a mesmer in WvW she had the star but not her clones made it easy for me to pick her out and ignore her clones

~Caedas~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

You can also see the star through walls, when I kill invaders and they run from me behind a wall, I can sometimes still see it. I think it depends on the width of the wall though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Stars and commander badges are viewable even through thick walls, zoom in closer to your character, it is a draw distance thing.

IMO that’s the price for getting the legendary, you are now more easily spotted. Get the legendary on another character (the precursor is the one that takes map completion I thought, correct me if I’m wrong) Then toss it to your mesmer to finish. You get the weapon and don’t have the tattle tale star.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

You should probably report this as a bug. There were other issues with clones being distinguishable from the real mesmer that they’ve fixed, so I’m guessing this is unintentional.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

in Suggestions

Bunnehboo.6025

my mesmer is my main and i’ve had it since head start making taking another toon around the map when my mesmer is already 79% is a pain for something thats an easy fix. what about ppl who see no point in making alts other then bag banking character or have other character slots for sPvP toons where you dont need to level up and most due sit at level 2 or 3

Commander tags arent that bad because its server noticeable, and you can turn it off. Star how ever is not.

~Caedas~

(edited by Bunnehboo.6025)