Enable chat with multiple guilds

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nefarious.2014

Nefarious.2014

Suggestion: Enable the ability to see guild chat from any guild you are in.

Guilds are a way of connecting people and initially I thought the multiple guild system would be a great way of socially connecting to different groups.

I feel completely disconnected from any guild that I am not currently representing. I have a guild for sPVP, for PVE, and for WvWvW. It would be easy to allow us to see guild chat with any/all guilds we choose. I would create a chat tab for each guild and stay better connected.

Representing carries lots of other bonuses and effects that should stay the same. We should at least have the opportunity to communicate.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Jaguar.9504

Lord Jaguar.9504

As long as these chats are sufficiently separated (different tabs, colors, etc) I agree with this wholeheartedly. I only recently learned the Standdown feature exists so you can tag multiple guilds. I’m in an RP guild, for example, but want to start doing organized WvW so it’s a great feature set to have available, but Nefarious is right.

This is an easily fixed issue that would increase the ability for players to socialize and organize. In short, +1.

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

There is at least one similar thread and I believe I started it, but I will support yours too! It is silly to only have 1 guild channel!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Guild-Suggestions-2/first#post125189

(edited by robinsiebler.3801)

in Suggestions

Nefarious.2014

can you link yours? i couldn’t find one

in Suggestions

Posted by: stikxs.1469

stikxs.1469

For sure! We don’t need to be able to talk in all guilds, but reading all (or a subset) would be awfully welcomed.

Spookyjunk/Anoni

in Suggestions

Posted by: Guhmi.5728

Guhmi.5728

This would indeed be very VERY nice. /signed.

Trials of Human Ellipses = http://human-ellipses.tumblr.com/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

I disagree. I think you should only see the guild chat from the guild you are currently representing. Please leave as is.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Jaguar.9504

Lord Jaguar.9504

Why? Explain your logic, Mr. -1.

in Suggestions

Kuzzi.2198

I think taking away the exclusivity of guild chat would take away from guilds feeling like communities. I think this suggestion is no different from asking to be able to see multiple map chats even while not on that map. It simply does not make sense.

in Suggestions

robinsiebler.3801

Yes, please explain. If the feature is added, you don’t have to use it, you kitten-hater, you! :p

in Suggestions

Kuzzi.2198

No need to put down my opinion just because it is different from yours. I think that this feature would negatively impact my game experience, that’s all.
If I must give you a concrete reason then I can say that it would make my fellow guildies pay less attention to the guild chat because they’d be busy talking on other guild chats.

in Suggestions

robinsiebler.3801

I wasn’t actually putting your opinion down, I was trying to be humorous. ‘kitten-hater’ should have been a clue.

And you are absolutely wrong about them paying less attention. The way it is now, it is all or nothing, so if they are in fact in other guilds, they would be paying no attention to you.

in Suggestions

Nefarious.2014

Kuzzi,
This is not a personal attack or anything, just counterpoints to the logic you have described.

First, this would not impact your game experience in any way – at least it shouldn’t…don’t enable it.

Second, you propose that your guildies would pay less attention to your guild chat if they could scan all their guilds? Honestly man, this is a bit silly. In a MMO, people multitask in so many different ways. I for one believe in the ability of most human beings to read multiple lines of chat…

Third, it could even increase the participation in your guild chat – the people that aren’t representing could actually participate in your chat, see something interesting, and make them rep you and join whatever is going on. If they can’t see it, they can’t join it. Unless of course you kick people that don’t represent, which is another matter entirely.

Forth, it seems you have drank the kool-aid of “exclusivity.” Fortunately, there are plenty of games that operate around that very principle. This game is not one of them.

TLDR; this change would positively effect the majority of players and is consistent with the vision of GW2.

in Suggestions

Kuzzi.2198

Nefarious,
If this was not going to impact my game experience I would not be speaking up against it.
Also, you can’t assume you have the majority of players backing you on this issue just because a few +1’ed your suggestion. I hope Arenanet devs choose to ignore this suggestion and focus their efforts on ones that would benefit all players.

in Suggestions

robinsiebler.3801

Prove that it will impact your experience. Prove it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZhangoSqu.5219

ZhangoSqu.5219

I find it strange that seeing chat channels, from unrepresented guilds, would negatively impact anyone’s experience. If you only want to be involved with one guild, choose one guild and no others.

I posted a similar suggestion at: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Make-guild-chat-visible-even-for-unrepresented-guilds/first#post156224

I’m hoping that with two or three threads floating around about this topic, ArenaNET takes notice that there is a legitimate desire for this feature.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tarque Sinister.9032

Tarque Sinister.9032

/Signed ………………………

Server: Anvil Rock
Main Character: Lugg Knut (Charr/Engineer)
Guild: Bed Intruders [HIDE]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hydrophidian.4319

Hydrophidian.4319

I’d rather have the ability to create chat channels.

I belong to communities and circles of friends that want to be able to communicate, regardless of what individuals happen to be doing and what guild they’re in. Expecting me to join a guild or make a party just to be able to chat is kinda silly.

An MMO is a social experience. More social tools would be good.