Encourage Dungeon Completion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cumandante.6805

Cumandante.6805

We all know how most people do dungeons: they skip every little thing they can, and fight only what is necessary to get the final reward.

I suggest reducing the base gold/token reward, while giving players more gold/tokens for each mob group they kill and bonus event they complete (this would have to be balanced for each individual path).

So that if you did 100% of the dungeon path, you would get a bit more rewards than you get at the moment, but if you just skipped most of it, you would get a substantially smaller reward.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Go do a full clear of arah and see how long it takes you. It would have to be a pretty substantial increase to make it worth the time to clear every mob.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brave Mallyki.1563

Brave Mallyki.1563

Why do people want to make everything in the game more time consuming? If you want to spend your day clearing dungeons go right ahead. Let people play however they want.

Vox Invictus [VOX] – Crystal Desert
PvP Rank – 151 – Dragon
WvW Rank – 1,120 – Silver Colonel

in Suggestions

Cumandante.6805

Go do a full clear of arah and see how long it takes you. It would have to be a pretty substantial increase to make it worth the time to clear every mob.

That is another issue that should be fixed.

Why do people want to make everything in the game more time consuming? If you want to spend your day clearing dungeons go right ahead. Let people play however they want.

I think the reason those mobs were put there was to make players fight them, not skip past them.

That said, I believe dungeon experience for most people would improve if you were rewarded for playing them like they were designed to be played.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

I’d say leave the current end rewards the way they are, but add meaningful loot tables to the trash mobs.

Groups that want to clear everything would get additional loot that way, and groups who prefer speed running are still getting their rewards.

in Suggestions

Cumandante.6805

I’d say leave the current end rewards the way they are, but add meaningful loot tables to the trash mobs.

Groups that want to clear everything would get additional loot that way, and groups who prefer speed running are still getting their rewards.

Not a bad idea. I suppose allowing variety of rewarding playstyles is a good thing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

So that if you did 100% of the dungeon path, you would get a bit more rewards than you get at the moment, but if you just skipped most of it, you would get a substantially smaller reward.

But you do get more rewards for killing those mobs already. I’ve had some killer drops off of the mobs that most folks skip in their rush to the end. Granted, sometimes the dice gods aren’t smiling on me, but if you’re on a solid team that an kill stuff quickly there’s no point to doing anything tricky to avoid fights. I don’t pug dungeons though and I imagine it’s difficult to find folks who aren’t just there to rush to the end if you are.

I don’t know if anything more can be done to incentivize speed running pugs to kill more “trash” mobs without making farming the mobs more attractive than finishing the dungeon.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neo.4307

Neo.4307

I don’t know if anything more can be done to incentivize speed running pugs to kill more “trash” mobs without making farming the mobs more attractive than finishing the dungeon.

Well, for one, I find it weird that trash mobs are skippable at all to begin with. If mobs didn’t reset when you run too far, skipping wouldn’t be possible. So perhaps it was originally designed this way. The latest dungeons they have added are designed in a way to discourage skipping mobs, and I remember reading that was a deliberate design goal. Noone runs Twilight Arbor Aetherblade path though. :P

Either way I don’t think such a change can be done without extensive balancing on dungeons. If you had to kill all trash packs as they are now, dungeons would take a significant amount of time to complete and that would annoy many people.

I believe something must be changed about the way dungeons are ran at the moment so that dungeons feel more substantial and less glitchy. Shortcuts and optional bosses can be built-in, instead of made up or forced by the players.