Engineer Legendary Kits

Engineer Legendary Kits

in Suggestions

Posted by: sHINNEN.2871

sHINNEN.2871

This might have already been suggested, I don’t know, since I don’t really check the official forums but anyway, to the suggestion:

What it is?

Fancy kits, basically. Since a lot of engineers spend 99% of their time using some sort of kit, be it Flamethrower, Grenades, Bombs or whatever else, it basically overlays any legendary weapon they have. This makes going for a legendary weapon on engineer fairly useless, since it would be covered by a kit.

How would it work?

If a legendary weapon is equipped, the change takes effect.

What would it look like?

First of all, different backpacks. For example, the regular Flamethrower backpack could turn into the Flame Legion FT backpack and so on. I’m sure ANet can come up with some cool designs.
Next, effects. I’m not sure about the current effect of footprints while using a kit but if they’re not there yet, they definitely should be. Also, I believe Grenades have some glow with Predator equipped but something along those lines should work for each kit. A random idea would be blue flames for FT, glowing grenades leaving a trail in the air for Grenade Kit, different explosion effect for Bombs, a fancy wrench with trails on swing and so on.

I’m not sure to what extent this is or isn’t implemented, but since no engineer legendary video shows kits, I can only assume they’re nothing special.

Engineer Legendary Kits

in Suggestions

Posted by: JimmyRustler.5961

JimmyRustler.5961

I am glad somebody else has posted this! I was looking into getting The Predator, but I rarely use my Rifle. I usually use my Flamethrower, but realized I would never see anything special with the kit; which ultimately would change my mind about getting one at all for my Engineer.

There are tons of options here for interesting looks and special skins specifically for people who have a Legendary on an engineer.

Hope to see some changes since I love the class!

Engineer Legendary Kits

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

I’m glad I am not the only one that sees this as a problem. Of course my thread on the issue has been pretty much ignored by ANet for the month or so it has been up, so I wouldn’t expect them to pay any attention to this one. They goofed and made an oversight, and clearly have no intention of bothering to acknowledge it, so why would they bother to correct it?

Engineer Legendary Kits

in Suggestions

Posted by: JeffHardisty.1926

JeffHardisty.1926

I would love it if my quip had more effects while I was using a kit; at the moment all I get is some of the tool belt skills with effects.

TC [CERN]

Engineer Legendary Kits

in Suggestions

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

YES!! I Want Legendary Kits!
Flamethrower, Elexir Gun, omg yes!

Engineer Legendary Kits

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

/sighs

I really wish that Arena Net would stop ignoring this issue and at least say something on the subject.