Engineer Turrets

Engineer Turrets

in Suggestions

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

Firstly, as mentioned in this thread – we need a way to focus our turrets on something we want them to hit. Mine get hung up hitting stupid crap like centaur weapon racks when I’m under fire from 2-3 centaurs. We really just need the turrets to auto-focus on whatever it is we’re attacking.

A few other changes that would be nice to see though…

1. Deployable turrets should be a default mechanic of turrets – OR, should give us another benefit besides just the ground target; like +10% damage or +30% armor

2. Turret billeting. For every turret we have on our utility slot bar (excluding healing turret of course) give us the ability to have multiples of the same turret (to a max turret deployment of utility slots used by turrets). So if I have rifle/rocket/thumper turrets on my bar, I can have 3 total turrets out (excluding supply crates), and I can have them all be rifle, or all be rocket, or all be flame/thumper/net, whatever.

3. Thumper turret toolbelt skill needs a reduced cooldown. It’s wimpy damage, with a blast finisher, on a 90 second cooldown. It’s a bit ridiculous – and doesn’t match up to the utility of flame/rifle/rocket/net.

4. Mortar (I’ve said this numerous times) needs to have a range of 2000+. It’s worthless at 1400, and doesn’t even take bonus from the increased turret range trait. Even when that /was/ working, it was only 1500 which is the same as a grenade. I can’t shoot a mortar farther than I can throw a grenade, kitten?

5. Supply crate turrets need to be able to be picked up. I don’t like leaving turrets behind, especially when they keep aggro’ing stuff I don’t want to get in a fight with.

6. Now this would just be super sweet. MOBILE TURRETS. This could be a grandmaster trait somewhere, but basically make it so that our turrets will slowly follow us as we move around (like maybe 60% of our movement speed). This way we don’t have to always pick them up, wait for cooldown, and then redeploy. Put them on treads or something. This would mainly be a PvE trait of course though.

Thanks for reading!
-LoreChief

Engineer Turrets

in Suggestions

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

I say we combine the rocket turret and the rifle turret to make a rocket rifle turret with a lazer pointer.

Engineer Turrets

in Suggestions

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Mobile turrets would be pretty cool. I like the idea of having the same type turret out multiple times, but everyone would then probably only ever run 3 rocket, especially for events (I know I would).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Engineer Turrets

in Suggestions

LoreChief.8391

I know there are situations where I’d want 3 overcharged rifle turrets over 3 overcharged rocket turrets, or 3 net turrets above all else. HELL 3 thumper turrets could be quite the beast in ambush-style events.

I don’t like flame turret, there’s something wrong with it… not sure what though.

Engineer Turrets

in Suggestions

LoreChief.8391

Just thought of this; I need a UI widget that shows me turret health. I want to be able to know when to detonate my turret if it’s about to die without having to look around and find it in a pack of people so I can check its HP.

Engineer Turrets

in Suggestions

LoreChief.8391

Ground targeted turrets need to be a default part of the turret skills. Also, the explosives turret trait needs to be moved to adept level instead of major.

Engineer Turrets

in Suggestions

Posted by: RelentlessRevolver.4109

RelentlessRevolver.4109

Mobile turrets would be pretty sweet. At this point, I’d settle for being able to upgrade existing turrets. Maybe add additional barrels to the rifle turret or shoot flames farther with the flame turret.

Engineer Turrets

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

Agreed, although mobile turrets seems stupid. It would be too similar to necro pets, and if we wanted mobiles we’d just get steampunk golems.

Also turrets in general just need to not suck. Sometimes things just need a hard buff. If they were beefier and did more damage they would be a lot more viable and the engineer would simply kick more kitten and have a defined role. It wouldn’t hurt anyone to use a little restraint and discretion in getting close to the turrets. That’s a simple and effective way to counter the turret engineer and it’s not hard. Why should a thief or warrior be as successful as they are charging an engineer that’s built up lots of turrets? They shouldn’t. If it’s hard to kill an engineer doing this, it doesn’t mean it’s OP cuz you cant win, it means you don’t lose and the engineer is just sitting on his hands. Same thing with thieves, except you can actually see and respond to it and turret culling complaints doesn’t sound like anything anyone would ever mention ever.

If it seems OP to just drop all the turrets at once in the middle of combat, give them a bigger cast time and larger cooldown on destruction. It makes sense that there should be a setup period to a good defense and I know I would much rather have powerful turrets as opposed to ones that are quicker and more disposable.

Some kind of “upgradable” turrets idea could also accomplish this because that’s similar to my idea of a large cast time in that it takes time to set up.

(edited by Chickenshoes.6250)

Engineer Turrets

in Suggestions

Posted by: foxtrot.6902

foxtrot.6902

Think people would cry nerf if we could spawn turrets as fast as mesmer clones? Even if they were just rifle turrets?

They’d still be stationary unlike some clones, wouldn’t confuse people who the target is, and rifle turret probably does about the same damage lol

Engineer Turrets

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gusmaozin.4076

Gusmaozin.4076

Just thought of this; I need a UI widget that shows me turret health. I want to be able to know when to detonate my turret if it’s about to die without having to look around and find it in a pack of people so I can check its HP.

Just press alt bro…