Engineer Weapon Swapping

Engineer Weapon Swapping

in Suggestions

Posted by: CurrMac.2138

CurrMac.2138

Being a Engineer isn’t for everybody, but find them particularly very fun to play with. I love the way they designed engineers in this game with all the different packs you can use like grenades, bombs etc… which give you lots of different attacks other then just using the rifle or pistol/shield combo. But the one problem I have with engineers is the no weapon swapping!!!! I mean come on really? Every other class has weapon swapping and can use 10 times the amount of weapons amount of engineers! Like warriors can almost use every weapon in the game! Please add weapon swapping to the engineer class, it would be very appreciated.

I’m a Sylvari Salad

Engineer Weapon Swapping

in Suggestions

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

Our kits give you 5 abilities just like weapons. Besides we ca only equip 3 items as weapons and have basically only 2 directions.

Codition damage: Pistol/Pistol or Pistol/Shield
High Direct damage: Rifle

Engineer Weapon Swapping

in Suggestions

Posted by: KorbanDallas.7389

KorbanDallas.7389

Although the main reason I don’t like the engineer as much is the lack of main weapons, the fact of the matter is that the kit utilities offer just as wide a variety of options for “weapons” as another class could equip. The pro of that is versatility, with very short swap times (theres what, less than a second cooldown on a kit between swapping to it?), whereas the con of course is you loose your normal utility slots. (so really, thats up to 4 swappable weapons, which would put you on par with elementalists element swapping, with the exception of course that you don’t have the utilities open).

}——————————-{
http://avsla-gw2.blogspot.com/

Engineer Weapon Swapping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

A kit engi already has more skills than anyone (ele is debatable, but whatever). Weapon swapping would just make them more of a button masher and make it a less skilled profession. I think this would be bad.

Engineer Weapon Swapping

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeadlyDohnut.7052

DeadlyDohnut.7052

how about adding more guns other than pistols and a rifle, I have more of a gun sellection in my safe at home, and im addicted to Borderlands 2 massive amounts of different guns. it would be cool to see more of a selection as using the same rifle skills from lvl 2 to lvl 80…is just boring. it would be great to see different weapons giving different skills like the environmental weapons do, why not go further to implement more skills in different weapons so we have more a choice of skills to use with a sword, a wand a gun a staff. I dont care as much for the skin of a weapons as i do for the skills it has. and some of your weapon skills just suck with certain playstyles that I have for my characters. or just make skills that we can swap out for that curent weapon. this would bring back the famous Build Creation which I LOVED in GW1. I have made over 200 builds in GW1…here there really isnt much of a build creation as the gear needs to follow sute with the traits….but the weapons skills cant be molded.

Engineer Weapon Swapping

in Suggestions

Posted by: CurrMac.2138

CurrMac.2138

I really like the idea of more guns for engineers and it would be nice to see the attacks changeup with a different type of gun, but i wouldnt want them to go overboard with guns on this.

I’m a Sylvari Salad

Engineer Weapon Swapping

in Suggestions

Posted by: ocgreg.3910

ocgreg.3910

more guns would be fun just for the sake of having more things I could use on engi but since I usually have 1-2 kits I find I have plenty of abilities at my disposal already to do what I need without the desire to be able to switch weapons too. If Im going to be doing a certain type of fight then I will change main weapons for it before hand.