Engineer Weapon Swapping

Engineer Weapon Swapping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Radakill.3469

Radakill.3469

Engineers need the weapon swapping ability.

To substitute this ability by taking up a vital utility slot and using what really is remeadial weapon kit skills in place of being able to use the weapons you want during combat is unacceptable.

Other professions are able to swap weapons and thus, have the advantage of sevaral diverse skill menues. Some professions, such as necro, have added skill menues (death shroud) on top of this that take up NO utility slots.

Engineers are already limited to 2 primary hand weapon types.

Replacing what could be a very nice weapon with a skill has obvious drawbacks, as the skills abilities are determined only by the characters stats and not by the quality of a weapon.

• Utilizing weapon kits takes up utility slots ** This now limits the available utilities the player may use on other essential skills.

Increased hotkey usage for swapping. This may seem trivial, but when you have to use 2 keys instead of 1 to swap to your utility weapon then back to your original weapon, this does give other professions an advantage.

Utility weapon kits should AT THE VERY LEAST have an option to be used by the weapon swap hot key as a substitute for the utility key.

Engineer Weapon Swapping

in Suggestions

Posted by: SnicerTenu.4321

SnicerTenu.4321

The problem in this is that Engineers do not have a second underwater weapon they can use instead of the speargun. But besides that Engineer is NOT the only class without a weapon swap. COUGH Elemental COUGH And tbh when you use a flame thrower, for example, you loose out on quite a bit of stats from whatever reason (even with the juggernaut perk).

Engineer Weapon Swapping

in Suggestions

Posted by: grumbles.5412

grumbles.5412

As an engineer I do agree that we should have access to a couple more actual weapons (I mean I can see an engineer using a focus as an engineering tool, some focuses do look like interesting gadgets)

I think what offsets weapon kit slot is the toolbelt, though I hardly use weapon kits due the fact that it takes up a utility slot.

Though I’d really would like to see more weapons available to us.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

Engineer Weapon Swapping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Beorn Raukar.4328

Beorn Raukar.4328

You have to consider that while the kits do occupy a slot in either the healing or the utility skills you have their respective profession abilities (F1 through F4 by default) to compensate. Basically it would be the same as having your utility slots free and having your profession abilities be your kits (I think this is a better layout BTW). The low count of weapons is due to the high amount of kits making an engineer much more diverse than even the elementalist with the appropriate build. You can have up to 5 weapons to swap.

Like someone said before, the only problem I see is the lack of diversity underwater, since all kits are blocked underwater except the elixir gun. I think they should allow all kits to work underwater to solve this. This is similar to all the attunements of the elementalist working underwater. Think of the uproar if fire attunment was not available while swimming.

Engineer Weapon Swapping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Radakill.3469

Radakill.3469

Taking away 5 weapon skills and a utility slot for 1 tool belt slot… hmmm, not my choice.

I would rather have the option of not using the weapon kits for the weapon swap.

In other words, if you use the weapon swap slots your weapon kits would be greyed out.

I agree with the underwater issues as well.

Engineer Weapon Swapping

in Suggestions

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

You have to consider that while the kits do occupy a slot in either the healing or the utility skills you have their respective profession abilities (F1 through F4 by default) to compensate. Basically it would be the same as having your utility slots free and having your profession abilities be your kits (I think this is a better layout BTW). The low count of weapons is due to the high amount of kits making an engineer much more diverse than even the elementalist with the appropriate build. You can have up to 5 weapons to swap.

Like someone said before, the only problem I see is the lack of diversity underwater, since all kits are blocked underwater except the elixir gun. I think they should allow all kits to work underwater to solve this. This is similar to all the attunements of the elementalist working underwater. Think of the uproar if fire attunment was not available while swimming.

Unless they changed it since the last time I played my Engineer, you can use the med kit and the grenade kit underwater. Only problem is med kit isn’t for attacking…
I really hope they change the grenade kit on land to work like it does underwater (if you set auto attack , it actually auto attacks with the grenade, at least with skill 1 anyways).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…