Engineer grenade 1 need auto attack

in Suggestions

Posted by: SmallCat.7413

SmallCat.7413

Engineer grenade 1 need auto attack,just like Elementalist fireball.
Or if has target, auto attack; if not have target, target area.
GW2,You’re hurting my keyboard. : (

(edited by SmallCat.7413)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

Well how do you want to do auto attack on the Grenade Kit Skill 1 if you need to confirm the Target Area?

in Suggestions

SmallCat.7413

Well how do you want to do auto attack on the Grenade Kit Skill 1 if you need to confirm the Target Area?

Most of the time,auto attack is helpful than target area.
target area sound like good,but it is hard to click and click, and players are easy attack miss.

in Suggestions

SmallCat.7413

I think most player don’t want to change their normal attack to target area,it is terrible idea.
have somebody elementalist want to change their fireball to target area?

(edited by SmallCat.7413)

in Suggestions

Justdeifyme.9387

Uhm, I think you missunderstand me. Skill 1 of the Grenade kit IS A SKILL THAT NEEDS A TARGET AREA, so you can’t do auto attack on it because you need to aim first.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

You could possibly have it automatically cast on the mouse location; kinda like quickcasting.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Suggestions

Justdeifyme.9387

You could possibly have it automatically cast on the mouse location; kinda like quickcasting.

That could be an option, since you already can change target skills to be castet on the location of your mouse.

in Suggestions

SmallCat.7413

my keyboard… lol

in Suggestions

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

This would be a huge nerf for experienced grenade users:

1. You can no longer use the 1# skill to hit stealthed enemies. The other grenade skills only explodes when they hit the ground, but our 1# skill also explodes when they hit enemies. If we lose the ability to cast this where we want without a target will we lose our best counter towards stealthed enemies.

2. We’ll lose that little edge that makes grenades the longest range 1# skill in the game. Currently will the grenades go 1500 units when trated plus damaging out the radius of the explotions. I often use this to reach distant enemies, when they are just outside 1500 range.

3. Enemies will be able to just run away from our grenades when far away. You might think the grenades will be homing like some elementalist skills, but considering that you can run away from rangers shoot and that they are faster will I asume it will be even easier to avoid them.

4. We can no longer deny areas from other players in WvW. I often spam grenades in one spot even when no enemies are there in order to force them away from it. Sutch a spot might be a downed ally, or a keepdoor.

You might not agree with my points, but I know they are some sides of this chance that would make grenades less enjoyable to use for me.

The engineer don’t need to dumb down the interesting weapons we have, it needs the uninteresting weapons to be more powerfull or usefull for players who don’t want skillshoot based gameplay. I think the reason so many want grenades 1# skill to be targetable with autocast is because grenades are so much more effective than the other kits/weapons/builds.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tidauron.5304

Tidauron.5304

To fix it all, make it a grenade launcher, and make only skill one 1 auto attack. Still maintain the arch and distance to prevent abuse. My hand is starting to fall off…

in Suggestions

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

I would implement it like this:

When a ground targeted skill is set to autoattack (yellow frame with arrows), holding down the relevant key will have the skill fire when recharged.

While the key is held down, the targeting circle will show constantly, allowing the player to make targeting adjustments, as long as neither the “hide circle” nor “fast cast” options are set.