Equipment Storage ( Alternatively, Armourdex)

in Suggestions

Posted by: JamesPies.6342

JamesPies.6342

Hello there. First of all I’d like to say my main is a lvl 71 Guardian and I am no where near achieving the following goals I am about to mention, but I think this is something that may be really helpful for people with similar goals. (Also I am a brittish user, so forgive my use of “Armour” & “Colour” as opposed to “Armor” or “Color”)

I love the dungeons in this game and have nearly gotten all the pieces to my Ascalonian Catacombs Armour set, even though I have to wait a few levels before getting to equip it.

It is my goal to unlock all dungeon armour sets, and also all three tiers of cultural armour for every character I play. I currently play two characters but will create more after achieving my goals with these characters.

Now, let’s do a bit of maths. At two characters it is my current aim to unlock eleven full sets of armour for each character (Eight dungeon armour, three cultural)

See the problem? Currently, I have no where near that amount of space to store all the armour I’m not using, but would like to keep for commemorative purposes. My bank cannot accommodate anywhere near enough pieces, keeping them all in my inventory would really hurt my income of loot when I’m doing WVW or just exploring the world, and I feel it would be just unfair to use the guild bank to store MY stuff.

I’ve asked in /Map and /Guild chat many times if there is a way to storage equipment in this way. Every-time, I’ve been told their isn’t.

Now, apologies if this in game somewhere and I’ve just missed it (in that case ignore my stupid thread.)

My proposal is some form of equipment storage that works similar to crafting materials collection. Although I do not think you should be allowed to deposit all Armour in there the same way as you do crafting materials. I think the best access to this would be via the crafting stations or a specific NPC. ( Maybe even a kind of trophy collection in your Home Instance, would be something to make the area more desirable)

In my mind this works in a way similar to collections categorize crafting materials. All pieces of equipment are put into one of three main categories: Dungeon, Cultural & Crafted.

Obviously the first two categories are for Dungeon and Cultural armour, whereas crafted is for specific craft-able armour sets (Gladiator, Crusader, Valkyrie ETC)

Then each category splits each piece into a series of sub-categories.
So lets imagine in the Dungeon category the first sub-category is Ascalonian Catacombs, which splits into the following Categories: Light Armour, Medium Armour, Heavy Armour, Weapons.

Each armour category has 6 slots, one for each piece of equipment, whereas in weapons their are 19 slots for each weapon category. (One-handed weapons can stack upto two in each slot, for dual wield weapons such as daggers and axes.)

Repeat this process across all dungeons and we have a way to catalogue all our pieces of equipment from dungeons when we are not using them.

Cultural uses a similar system.

The main categories would be for each race, then the subcategories for that would be the weapons and each of the armour classes, which are then split into the three tiers of equipment, all in all allowing a way to store every possible piece of cultural equipment in the game, if you should wish to obtain that many.

Finally, the Crafted collection would simply be for storing named crafted armour sets and weapons that are at least rare. This list would descend in the crafting level required to make the equipment. So for heavy Armour it would start at Gladiator, and work its way down for the armour pieces which are rare (If I’m correct in thinking how crafting works, essentially any piece made with a purchased recipe sheet would be allowed to deposited in the equipment collection.)

Each slot has three statuses.
1. Not Obtained – The graphic icon for the piece is shown here but is in grayscale, showing you have not obtained that piece of equipment yet.
2. Stored – the piece of equipment is being stored in this slot right now and its appearance is the usual graphic icon it would normally have,
3. Not currently stored – This shows you have previously stored in the piece of equipment here and have owned it, but is not currently being stored for whatever reason (Such as you’re using it or would like to sell/salvage it) The icon is a faded version of the usual appearance, with the colours being a lot less vibrant.

This system allows for a kind of Equipment Pokedex which would allow obsessive equipment hoarders like me a place to store their equipment which they are not using. Maybe a small Gem purchase would be required to have access to the equipment storage, but after that those players are free to store all their equipment to their hearts content.

Thank you for reading all of this, and if they are any flaws or missing design details in this idea feel free to let me know and I will most likely swiftly edit or respond to this.
:)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I totally support this idea. I’ll probably never run into this problem, but I understand that it will exist for a lot of people and an approach similar to the crafting collections seems like a very good one. There’s still more than enough things to collect in the game to make people buy slots through gems and muling is just a bad game mechanic imo (and of course it doesn’t work on these soulbound items anyway).

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reclusiarh.2674

Reclusiarh.2674

Anet just needs to copy paste the armor collection slots from the pvp personal storage to the pve storage.

Guild wars should be war between orders, because orders are guilds too.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Direngrey.1247

Direngrey.1247

I support this suggestion! +1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

This sounds like a really good idea. A similar thing for town clothes would be equally awesome, I’m already forseeing running out of space for that and I’ve unlocked 2 slots in the bank already.

Also could special event collectibles get added to the collectible storage in the bank? That would make a lot of sense and be really helpful.