Excessive Messaging Suppression Too Strict

in Suggestions

Posted by: Siliconhobbit.4361

Siliconhobbit.4361

It’s almost 4:30AM where I am right now and I’m trying to get a team together for a Fractals lvl 10 daily. I’m finding it extremely hard to do such a thing because after 3 attempts at looking for people to join my team by saying “LF2M Frac 10” in map chat, I’m getting my chat suppressed.

While I understand that chat suppression is there to prevent such things like Gold Sellers and trolling spammers…when my chat is suppressed while attempting to do legitimate in game things such as finding teammates…chat suppression makes it near impossible to do.

Can you awesome folks at Anet have a look into the chat suppression rules and maybe make some tweaks to it so the regular folks like myself who are just playing the game normally can avoid chat suppression in cases such as this?

Thanx a bunch!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Don’t type the exact same message three times in a row. If you change it a little bit every time, you can keep going.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gluttony.2017

Gluttony.2017

Try to change the message each time. add a smiley face or say fotm instead of fracs, or fractals or fractals of the mists or fractals of the mists of pandaria maybe throw in a “hey LF2M fracs lv. 10” etc etc.
Personaliy id prefer if they would just add a lfg tool. Register your character and what dungeon you are in and it throws you in a chat room with other people that want to do the dungeon. Makes it easy to find groups.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Siliconhobbit.4361

Siliconhobbit.4361

Thanx for the suggestions! I’ll do just that

in Suggestions

Posted by: skotie.2614

skotie.2614

So this suggests that they just have some program in game that locks you out for saying the same thing 3 times?

Guess that’s why I got suppressed a few times saying “thanks” to random people who helped me out. Guess I’ll know better now lol.

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

Seriously. Last night I triggered message suppression by giggling too much. That was all I did…giggle. Evidently the man doesn’t like girls who giggle.

This message was brought to you by a Kitten with a Keyboard

in Suggestions

Posted by: Erthrak.4039

Erthrak.4039

Knowing I can avoid being suppressed by changing what i say slightly is great, I hated this for the same reason. problem is, now spammers know this. Howabout they solve it better by just getting a functioning LFG tool. and no, someone elses website you have to leave the game to use does not count.

Vral Grymfang, Vrelen Human, Treland Riverheart, Leif Dragonbourne.
[iLL]usion

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

An LFG tool will not solve my problem nor that of many other people who repeat things like ‘Thanks!’ frequently. The message suppression system is a bad design and needs to be thought out more carefully.

This message was brought to you by a Kitten with a Keyboard

in Suggestions

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

Well I think a lfg system would solve the problem for pve because there shouldn’t really be any cause for saying the exact same thing three times otherwise.
With wvw i think it should be loosened a little to allow ctrl clicking of objectives

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books