Exotic Dyes

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

I couldn’t help but wonder what Exotic Dyes would look like it.

Briefly speaking, I think it could look like some odd mix of colors, or maybe a two-tone color of some sorts that would make your armor look like one color during the day while it changes color during the night.

Of course, these dyes would have to be moderately hard to get, which may require doing more than just playing the RNG game with the Unidentified Dyes and the Mystic Forge. Maybe these would require a lot of Karma to spend, or 250 of four different ingredients for Chefs to make.

Here are some examples:

• Chameleon Colored Dyes: These kinds of dyes would have some kind of harmonic blend of colors that would make your armor shine a certain set of hues depending on the lighting and placement of your character.
    • Examples: The best example of this color scheme would be found on these custom painted cars. On the Jeep Cherokee on that page, you could see how the yellows and greens work to make that effect. On the Dodge Charger with the green rims below it, there’s a shift between green and purple. Basically, it somewhat chrome-ish.
  • Glow-in-the-Dark Dyes: These kinds of dyes would make your armor moderately glow in low-light, similar to how the bioluminescene works on Sylvari characters. With Halloween coming up next month, I think the addition of these dyes would do well. Although, to make it less obnoxious, it would be restricted to 1 or 2 parts of the armor piece instead of the whole armor piece.
  • Patterned Dyes: These kinds of dyes would produce some kind of repeating or thematic pattern on your gear. For instance, instead of a solid color on the fabric draping down from your kilt, you can put a pattern that resembles plaid. Or maybe glittery stars. Or perhaps skulls and crossbones. These patterns would probably look best on the cloth parts of an armor set.
  • Elemental Effect Dyes: With these dyes, you can add some kind of small animation effect to a part of your gear, such as floating rocks, snowflakes, lava, or water droplets. Due to the heavy effects of it, I would imagine that this dye would have restrictions for certain pieces of armor. I would suggest that it could only be applied to shoulders, gloves, or boots.
  • The Amazing Ever-Changing Dye!: The product of a crazy Asuran experiment gone bad, with this dye, the color of your armor could change every x amount of minutes; or until you enter a new zone. You might be wearing Abyss dye while in Lion’s Arch, but when you head out into Orr, maybe you’ll end up with … Hot Pink?!
“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Syphenion.5064

Syphenion.5064

That’d be an awesome idea, perhaps particle effects, like a smoke trail from your armor? Also, it’d be nice to see a dye effect like the legendary greatswords, Sunrise and Twilight.

What about gradient dyes too, or…a special dye that allows you to pick a color from a color wheel?

¸.•´¸.¤•*´¨) ¸.•*¨”˜`”°ºooº°””˜`”°ºooº°””˜`
(¸.•´ (¸.•Alloy~ Piken Square Roleplayer~

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: MajorShock.4023

MajorShock.4023

Interesting idea, I like it! I heard that the Celestial Dye glowed(?) Not sure if that’s true or not. If so, they are capable of making unique dye effects so why not more?

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Midnight.7526

Midnight.7526

I couldn’t help but wonder what Exotic Dyes would look like it.

Briefly speaking, I think it could look like some odd mix of colors, or maybe a two-tone color of some sorts that would make your armor look like one color during the day while it changes color during the night.

Of course, these dyes would have to be moderately hard to get, which may require doing more than just playing the RNG game with the Unidentified Dyes and the Mystic Forge. Maybe these would require a lot of Karma to spend, or 250 of four different ingredients for Chefs to make.

Here are some examples:

• Chameleon Colored Dyes: These kinds of dyes would have some kind of harmonic blend of colors that would make your armor shine a certain set of hues depending on the lighting and placement of your character.
    • Examples: The best example of this color scheme would be found on these custom painted cars. On the Jeep Cherokee on that page, you could see how the yellows and greens work to make that effect. On the Dodge Charger with the green rims below it, there’s a shift between green and purple. Basically, it somewhat chrome-ish.
  • Glow-in-the-Dark Dyes: These kinds of dyes would make your armor moderately glow in low-light, similar to how the bioluminescene works on Sylvari characters. With Halloween coming up next month, I think the addition of these dyes would do well. Although, to make it less obnoxious, it would be restricted to 1 or 2 parts of the armor piece instead of the whole armor piece.
  • Patterned Dyes: These kinds of dyes would produce some kind of repeating or thematic pattern on your gear. For instance, instead of a solid color on the fabric draping down from your kilt, you can put a pattern that resembles plaid. Or maybe glittery stars. Or perhaps skulls and crossbones. These patterns would probably look best on the cloth parts of an armor set.
  • Elemental Effect Dyes: With these dyes, you can add some kind of small animation effect to a part of your gear, such as floating rocks, snowflakes, lava, or water droplets. Due to the heavy effects of it, I would imagine that this dye would have restrictions for certain pieces of armor. I would suggest that it could only be applied to shoulders, gloves, or boots.
  • The Amazing Ever-Changing Dye!: The product of a crazy Asuran experiment gone bad, with this dye, the color of your armor could change every x amount of minutes; or until you enter a new zone. You might be wearing Abyss dye while in Lion’s Arch, but when you head out into Orr, maybe you’ll end up with … Hot Pink?!

I like the way you think!

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

I’m liking these suggestions and i agree with them.

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Danuvis.6871

Danuvis.6871

Hah, I approve of this!

Don’t mess with a roleplayer
or you’ll be bludgeoned to death in a very descriptive paragraph!

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

That’d be an awesome idea, perhaps particle effects, like a smoke trail from your armor? Also, it’d be nice to see a dye effect like the legendary greatswords, Sunrise and Twilight.

What about gradient dyes too, or…a special dye that allows you to pick a color from a color wheel?

Gradient dyes would be interesting to have. It would be like the Chrome-like dyes but a less amount of metallic shine on it.

A color-wheel dye, however, might be a bit boring and could potentially devalue the Abyss and similar dyes, assuming one could use that same dye to actually produce the same color as Abyss. That’s almost like buying one dye just to unlock every single dye in the game. On the other hand, it could be a special dye that let you choose which dye to unlock out of a catalogue of hues. It could be similar to the Unidentified Colored Dyes that Cooks could make, just without the RNG. I suppose it could work that way.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

(edited by Ari Kagura.9182)

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: tzko.2370

tzko.2370

I am all for see-through dye, makes your character look like its wearing a swimsuit but perhaps you can still see the outline of the armor.

Invisibility dye would make you, not invisible but rather transparant.

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vigilence.4902

Vigilence.4902

Glow in the dark dye, or dye that changes colors depending on lighting.

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caiotamietti.5749

Caiotamietti.5749

Amazing idea

i like it

Kblood – Necro r49
Challenger of the Arena

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

I would love this!

Sponsored by the Need Moar Dyes Association

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Fantastic ideas, OP. The dye market is already robust, and these would invigorate it even further. I want each and every dye you described!

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Beaumarie.4912

Beaumarie.4912

Great idea!! Hope this gets implemented. Would love to see the creativity of players and add in an option like GW1 to dye our weapons also.

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arcain.9106

Arcain.9106

I like the idea of ‘glow in the dark’ dyes. I’m sure that the Sylvari have been the envy with having a ‘glowing’ feature in darkened areas.

I fully support the idea of having these dyes in the game

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

How about a dye that works like color shifting paint.

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Great ideas! Would like to see these dyes ingame!

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: mar.7103

mar.7103

Agree OP. Great ideas!

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chaos.3579

Chaos.3579

If they could make a 100 dyes that give your armor particle effects, glow in the dark, or both. I would love them.

But other than that. This game needs the ability to dye the weapons, and with dyes that give particle effects

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

If they could make a 100 dyes that give your armor particle effects, glow in the dark, or both. I would love them.

But other than that. This game needs the ability to dye the weapons, and with dyes that give particle effects

I would tie have particle affects to the Rune’s. That way the particle affect has meaning.

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: exionn.8152

exionn.8152

well if they’re gonna make dyes even harder to get, i’d like them to be shared across account.

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amaterasu.8639

Amaterasu.8639

that sound epic i would love to see that in the game

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

If a weapon has ice damage but the player equips fire particle dye on it. Does that make since.

Particle affects would work better on runes. Or, have the particle affect on a weapon when the right rune is attached to it.

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Half Tooth.1867

Half Tooth.1867

Absolutely loving all the ideas! Add’s another thing to work for when you’re level 80

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: John Valdea.5879

John Valdea.5879

I like this idea…. stary midnight dye! a black abyss with twinkling stars

~John Valdea ‘The Midnight King’
Leader of the Darkhaven Guild ‘The Skull Brigade’ {TSB} http://skullbrigade.webs.com/
Guild Improvements Suggestion Post: http://tinyurl.com/a3yh8tf

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: GaMzEe.8150

GaMzEe.8150

I was also thinking about this lately. I thought exotic dyes that added a metallic look (i.e. Metallic silver, red, blue, etc) would be great for heavy armor as well. All my armor looks old and dull instead of new and shiny

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Flamehawk.9421

Flamehawk.9421

Love the suggestions chamelon dyes and all this sounds really cool. Would love to see it in the game.

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eltrow.6382

Eltrow.6382

interesting idea man

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

How is this thread so short?? These are some awesome ideas right here.

Chromatic dye? Color shifting dye? One that changes randomly every time you zone?

Holy smokes yes!

“I like this idea…. stary midnight dye! a black abyss with twinkling stars”
Soooo, basically a Twlight dye for armor? I’d love it, but I imagine that would quickly become the most expensive dye ever. XD

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Agreed, agreed, agreed!

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: golab.6354

golab.6354

I love all of your suggestions. I think customizing my appearance in MMO’s is a lot of fun and am in favor of as many options as possible. Especially the effects idea. + for that. Shoulders that dropped petals or leaves for my Sylvari would rock!

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: MrMpsV.6218

MrMpsV.6218

nice suggestion i want glow armor :P

Exotic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

i wouldn’t mind some glowing armor and particle effects, but i guess that’s just for legendaries i have no patience to craft.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.