Expansion Ideas

Expansion Ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seaweed.4590

Seaweed.4590

I have been playing Guild Wars since I was in the 7th grade. I am now a Junior in College.
I love the game so much! And I don’t play video games too often.

But I do have a few ideas for expansions on Guild Wars 2. I think it is an incredible game and I’m sure you guys already have ideas for expansions, especially with the Crystal Desert and the other location you can’t get to.

I have ideas that I think would make game play much more interesting along with make the company plenty of money.

I think one really cool idea for Guild Wars 2 would be to add a race expansion pack. So you could possibly be maybe a Tamini, or one of the Bird Beaked race, or even a Largos (my personal favorite, especially because I’ve only seen 1 in the entire game so far).

Then other idea I had was a pet expansion, I think the variety of pets you can have is incredible. But I also have seen so many creatures that are far from humanoid that I think would make great pets. Especially since in game enemies can have them. The animals I had in mind were the griffins (my favorite is the owl griffin), possible the raptors, and maybe the rock dogs.

Just a few ideas I wanted to get out there. Hopefully someone reads this haha.

~Intrigued Player

Expansion Ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vimorain.2835

Vimorain.2835

thing is they need first of all hire some fantasy and even sci-fi fantasy writes to develop new storylines and to develop much,much more end game content that is NOT a grind.

Expansion Ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

First and foremost: Fix all the bugs and issues in the game before releasing expansion that is bound to be released and riddled with issues of its own.

Expansion Ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adrianna.3092

Adrianna.3092

there will not be expansions for GW 2.. not not.. and not anytime in the planned future… Anet is focused on the cash shop.. not expansions.

Expansion Ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

yep bug fix first … and mac user client suck then some more real cool story then fix all world boss fights overwork but is nothing we need talk since anet said that themselve no expansion before the game is not round

Expansion Ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

A.net said that Living Story is also a way to test some things, game mechanism/design.
It will help make a really expansions, with new bosses design, new concepts.

Expansion Ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

A.net said that Living Story is also a way to test some things, game mechanism/design.

…and new bugs, and new glitches, and new broken skills.

Expansion Ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

…and new bugs, and new glitches, and new broken skills.

And shallow story

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Expansion Ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

It’s better than keeping a game without novelty and letting it die slowly…

Expansion Ideas

in Suggestions

It’s better than keeping a game without novelty and letting it die slowly…

Though it’s much worse than keeping a game with expansions/new campaigns.
Coughguildwars1cough

~Sincerely, Scissors

Expansion Ideas

in Suggestions

Adrianna.3092

too bad they already said there will be no expansions for gw 2.

Expansion Ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

too bad they already said there will be no expansions for gw 2.

They have never said that though.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Expansion Ideas

in Suggestions

Adrianna.3092

they did actually

Expansion Ideas

in Suggestions

they did actually

They said something like no plans as of now. Which is not the same as never.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Expansion Ideas

in Suggestions

lordkrall.7241

they did actually

No they didn’t.
What they did say was that they currently have no plans to release an expansion, and if all goes well the Living World will take the place of expansion.
They did however never say that there is no chance for an expansion.

If they did, feel free to post the link.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Expansion Ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nicholas S Lin.6187

Nicholas S Lin.6187

I think there are at least two to three areas that can be the site of a major expansion:

1) The Northern Shiverpeaks (Places of interest – Eye of the North ruins, Gunnar’s Hold ruins, Olafstead ruins, Jora’s homestead site). Here we discover what the Molten Alliance is really up to. And we hear of whispers of a mystical disturbance… we here talk of civil war between the Alliance partners. Then out of the snow storm a Kodan and a Dredge comes to us asking for assistance… This unlike pair speak of seeing what they believe to be the Elder Dragon – Jormag.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_Eye_of_the_North

New playable races: Kodan and Dredge.
New profession: Marine (an aquatic warrior with some spirits magic)

2) Elona: All is not well in the “Land of the Golden Sun”, here we are met by an Order of Whispers agent(of course), who is also a Dervish by profession and a citizen of (say) Vabbi. We are told that Palawa Joko now rules most of Elona and that the guardians of the land have been shattered and many of their former members now corrupted into the Mordant Cresent.

The Agent ask us to come with him/her to their mountain headquarters to meet with the resistance leaders. Where talk of an Elder Dragon – Kralkatorrik is really the driving force of Joko’s forces and that Joko is now under the domination of the dragon.

New race: Centaur
New Profession: Dervish (new old profession)

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elona
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Elona

3)Cantha: Here we arrive by boat so as to sneak into the Empire of the Dragon, where we dock at the Shing Jea Isles District. we are met by a Ritualist Tengu “Fisherman” who tells us that his people are part of the Luxon faction that had fled the mainland and in hiding from the Empire. We go to this village but its under attack and a human Xunlai Agent (who is also a Ritualist by profession) comes running of the wreckage of the local representative office. It turns out that they have a history together as former best friends.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cantha
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Cantha
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Xunlai_Guild

But there is now more at stake than petty bickering among friends.

New Race: Tengu
New Profession: Ritualist (again, new old profession).

(edited by Nicholas S Lin.6187)

Expansion Ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Not to sound rude, but Nicholas, your suggestions are all wishthinking that will never get implememted in “that way” I strongly guess so.

Centaurs, Kodan and Dredge will never be playable. Its better to stop dreaming about things that have 0 chance for becoming reality. Devs have said many times, that lesser races and such that are enemies, won’t become playable. Even if I not like them, but Largos even have a much greater chance to become playable, than anything of your list, except Tengus, they are basically set in stone and therefore I lput my hand in fire.

Centaurs are labeled the lore based enemies of the humans, they are physically impossible to be playable, because those dumb four legged creatures can’t swim nor dive, nor will fit any armor set for them. Kodan are already way too much bonded with the Norn in regard of their lore.
ANet would have to make for Centaurs alone all sets of armors COMPLETELY NEW – lets face it – thats way too much effort for nothing thats worth it.
They have no own town in the game, there is 0 customization, all centaurs in the game look the SAME.

Ritualists/Dervishs will never come back as full seperate Classes, therefore are they already way too much integrated in the current classes. Press your thumbs and hope, that they might find maybe their ways into the Game as SUB CLASSES, thats the only way how I can see those classes gettign implemented with completely redesigned mechanics and features.
—-

Also with the massive lacking of underwater gameplay and the even more massive unbelieveable imbalance of the classes in underwater combat, forget please the Marine, such nonsense doesn’t fit into the game in my opinion.
They didn’t got the general underwater gameplay good, so what sense does it make there to implement a class, that is solely made for underwater gameplay, because a Mariner would basically suck on land, because hes not in his element.
Its like putting a fish onto the dry land and watching it, how it tries to get back into water desperately so that it doesn’t die.

The only point of your personal wishlist, that makes anyhow sense and that stands on concensus of really alot of other peole that think the same is, that its pretty sure, that we will see some day playable Tengus, because they are absolutely from every race in the game, that is currently unplayable the one and only, that makes most of sense to get implemented next, because they stood already basically on the list as playable race.
They also have their own town, they are customizable, you see alot of different looking tengus all over the world but I guess they got removed from the list for the Sylvari, because of Anet wanting something “new” that they could use as a very young race and Tengus wouldn’t have worked for this simply.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Expansion Ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nicholas S Lin.6187

Nicholas S Lin.6187

I do agree that re-introducing the Dervish and Ritualist professional classes is likely to result in major balancing issues which may mean that both class will need major re-modelling.

However advancing the story of Tyria to include Cantha and Elona would require several major adjustments for each expansion region. And I believe it requires the dramatic changes as I have suggest since what I’m suggesting is NOT a Living Story release but a major offshoot of the existing game that is integrated to the existing map – unlike in Guild Wars(1) where each new campaign expansion was playable on its own.

And as for the Northern Shiverpeaks and the Marine class? A marine would not really struggle on dry land as long as they return to a body of water say once a day. This is a fantasy game after all. And as for the Dredge being an enemy race so can’t be playable? really, omg! Do I really have to mention the Charr as per GW(1)…….

And as a full expansion on its own it would allow the writers to enhance the Lore of the Kodans. And it makes sense to make them since their body shape will be similar enough to the Norn. And whats more their story will be integrated to the re-imagining of the Norn as in a major re-fit of the Lore of the Norn peoples. Why not make it that in the past 250 years with much more contact with other races and with the Orders of Tyria resulted in them becoming more Clan based – attuned to their animal spirits: Bear Clan, Wolf Clan, Snow Leopard Clan and Raven Clan. This would make these groupings similar to the Charr Legions or a Human Nation like Kryta.

What my suggestions are about is not based on any consensus, it is based on what I believe will be of significant interest to both existing and prospective players. This is about enlarging the game in a way that is inclusive of everyone in a way that is both exciting and progressive of the Lore.

(edited by Nicholas S Lin.6187)

Expansion Ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: sonicwhip.9052

sonicwhip.9052

If there is no planned expansion for 2014 I doubt this game will be able to stand its ground when all these new mmo’s launch in 2014(Wildstar,Everquest Next,etc) and the new WoW expansion.
I really hope they are planning one but seriously doubt it.

Expansion Ideas

in Suggestions

Adrianna.3092

also about cantha.. we will NEVER be going to cantha.. EVER…. because the Asians disapprove.. it is why they had to remove canthans from the game entirely.. including the district in divinities reach dedicated to them.. (hello great collapse)…

because of this.. no matter how much i or anyone else wants it.. we will never see cantha again..

Expansion Ideas

in Suggestions

lordkrall.7241

If there is no planned expansion for 2014 I doubt this game will be able to stand its ground when all these new mmo’s launch in 2014(Wildstar,Everquest Next,etc) and the new WoW expansion.

And all of those MMOs require a subscription fee, thus they are not really competitors for GW2 in the long run.

also about cantha.. we will NEVER be going to cantha.. EVER…. because the Asians disapprove.. it is why they had to remove canthans from the game entirely.. including the district in divinities reach dedicated to them.. (hello great collapse)…

because of this.. no matter how much i or anyone else wants it.. we will never see cantha again..

You keep posting stuff like this without ever supplying any proof.
They talked about having to cut the Canthan district from DR due to a situation like this, but they also made it quite clear that things may change (and I also think that the person making said decision is no longer working with the company).
There actually ARE Canthans in GW2. Majory is definitely Canthan for one.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Expansion Ideas

in Suggestions

sonicwhip.9052

And all of those MMOs require a subscription fee, thus they are not really competitors for GW2 in the long run.

You keep posting stuff like this without ever supplying any proof.
They talked about having to cut the Canthan district from DR due to a situation like this, but they also made it quite clear that things may change (and I also think that the person making said decision is no longer working with the company).
There actually ARE Canthans in GW2. Majory is definitely Canthan for one.

Wildstar requires a subscription but allows you to play free if you purchase game time with in game gold from other players who bought game time with real money.
Everquest Next is F2P.

Expansion Ideas

in Suggestions

lordkrall.7241

Which require you to either grind like mad, or pay. It does still require a subscription, and it is quite unlikely that the majority of people would gain enough in-game money to pay for another month of subs by just playing the free month coming with the box.

Everquest Next will most likely not be released next year.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Expansion Ideas

in Suggestions

sonicwhip.9052

Which require you to either grind like mad, or pay. It does still require a subscription, and it is quite unlikely that the majority of people would gain enough in-game money to pay for another month of subs by just playing the free month coming with the box.

Everquest Next will most likely not be released next year.

Everquest Next Landmark will release in 2014.
After that it is Everquest Next.