Expansion zones, up-scaling to Level 100

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

But keep players caped at level 80. Why do this? For up-scaling

Level 81-100 are only for up-scaling players. You level up to level 100 normally in the new zone. But when exiting the expansion zone your level goes back to level 80.

This idea insures new content is always challenging and available to all level 80 players. And so players progress through the zone.

There can also be expanded traits that only work in level 80-100 zones.

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

New zones that are unrelated will upscale your level at a different rate. When progressing through them. Your upscaled level in the zone is what your leveling up.

The reason this idea is needed is to guide the player through the new zones.

The cap is still 80. All new content will be playable and challenging to all level 80s

(edited by Onshidesigns.1069)

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

Anyone

This means challenging new content that will never be gated from level 80s.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

This make no sense. You are always the level of the area, not just zone, you are in. So I don’t understand this concept of you’re only that level while you’re there. Of course you’re only that level while you’re there, no other zones have those levels.

What exactly is the point of 81-100? Do you need 20 more trait points to truly genericize your build?

Why not just more level 80 areas with level 81-83 mobs, like Southsun Shores?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

Here’s why new zones can’t be level 80. Players will run through then and finish content out of order.

This idea levels you up above 80 only in the new zone. It’s your Zone level. This is repeated for every new expansion.

I want to here what people think of this idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RiKShaw.8795

RiKShaw.8795

I believe the krux of his idea is that if there are new level 100 zones then players will become level 100. Which means everything else in the game gets easier.

If you upscale then things get harder in that area and the rest of the game remains just as difficult.

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

Since when is there an order? When I enter a level 40-50 zone at 60 I complete it any which way I want. I’ve never experienced a story that doesn’t make sense because I’m somehow hearing it out of order. Each area is it’s own enclosed story. Maybe there is an event that crosses over the areas that tells a story, but that’s also its own thing.

So again, how does this make sense?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

This make no sense. You are always the level of the area, not just zone, you are in. So I don’t understand this concept of you’re only that level while you’re there. Of course you’re only that level while you’re there, no other zones have those levels.

What exactly is the point of 81-100? Do you need 20 more trait points to truly genericize your build?

Why not just more level 80 areas with level 81-83 mobs, like Southsun Shores?

Players will skip over the new zones. Playing the story out of order. If they are all level 80.

Levels are needed to guid player through the zone properly.

If you have 80 as the level cap. Anet will still need to provide new more challenging content. Upscaling by leveling in new zone is the answer.

Old zone
80 cap

new zone
81-100 (level though up-scaling)

in Suggestions

Posted by: evolverzilla.2359

evolverzilla.2359

OCD??? Need everything to be done in order? Why? If you want to make whatever you want in an order it´s what you want.

What if I want to get to 100 in a 1-15 area? Or level my 70 char in an 90-100 area folowing the zerg?

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

I believe the krux of his idea is that if there are new level 100 zones then players will become level 100. Which means everything else in the game gets easier.

If you upscale then things get harder in that area and the rest of the game remains just as difficult.

That’s what I was trying to say.

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

Since when is there an order? When I enter a level 40-50 zone at 60 I complete it any which way I want. I’ve never experienced a story that doesn’t make sense because I’m somehow hearing it out of order. Each area is it’s own enclosed story. Maybe there is an event that crosses over the areas that tells a story, but that’s also its own thing.

Replay the game and visit each heart in order. You rushing through it to fast.

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

The same things happens if you don’t touch the cap and just make the content in those zones difficult for a level 80, just like they did with the Karka.

There is no point in having “guidance” for a story, as the OP seems intent on, because there is no story to be guided through.

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

Replay the game and visit each heart in order. You rushing through it to fast.

Hears are enclosed stories of their own. Their intent was not to guide you though anything, but to get you to go where events were occuring. This is why there are no hearts in Orr, where everything was just happening.

Or, maybe I’m wrong, and there is this great story that reads like a book, but I don’t care and shouldn’t be forced to. This is also something the ArenaNet believes. If I care about the story, I’ll follow it, if I don’t I shouldn’t have to. If you care, you can follow it, but don’t try and make me do it your way because you want to do it that way.

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

In Orr a enemy at the top of a map is just as hard as the enemy at the bottom of the map.

But, in queensdale you have to become stronger to bet a level 15.

I want new zone to require the player to get stronger within them. Before the player can think about taking on a level 100 enemy.

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

In Orr a enemy at the top of a map is just as hard as the enemy at the bottom of the map.

I want new zone to require the player to get stronger within them. Before the player can think about taking on a level 100 enemy.

Good for you. I don’t. Incidentally, whether you can or not, you still have to fight through all the enemies between where you are and the bottom of the map in order to do that, in Orr.

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

Good for you. I don’t.

Why? You want a stale static game with no more challenges.

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

This game isn’t stale, nor static. Gaining higher levels isn’t the only way of defining a challenge. Fighting level 81-83 level mobs as a level 80 is pretty challenging. When there are Veterans and Champions it’s even moreso. You aren’t interested in Staleness, Statics, nor Challenge.

The only thing your proposal does is dictate an arbitrary path for a nonexistant story. It serves no purpose and gains no benefits for the players. So, no, that’s not what I want at all. I like the game the way it is. I want more zones with more lore, which we will get. I want to fight more dragons, which we will get. I want hard areas, which we will get. I want new dungeons, which we will probably get.

I don’t want arbitrary level gains that serve no real purpose and aren’t even retainable.

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

All of Orr feels the same “81-83 level mobs” everywhere. No one ever fights a champion. It’s all the same.

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

All of Orr feels the same “81-83 level mobs” everywhere. No one ever fights a champion. It’s all the same.

That doesn’t change anything I said, nor make your suggestion better. And since I seem to be the only person who even cares enough to discuss this particular topic I’d say you have your view of the populace right there. Not appealing.

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

That doesn’t change anything I said, nor make your suggestion better. And since I seem to be the only person who even cares enough to discuss this particular topic I’d say you have your view of the populace right there. Not appealing.

Orr is too easy.

New zones should increase in difficulty. Without raising your level cap outside the new zones.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

How are you going to get stronger? No new traits, no new armor, no new weapons, so how? Just the default adjustments?

Have you done level 80 stuff at 60? People tried that at Lost Shores and got spanked without a group to carry them.

Since it would be a phony level 100 zone, loots would have to be capped at 80, craft nodes unchanged from 80 zones. What would be the benefit of this? I’d rather see some love given to Southsun.

It is a terrible idea.

People are not doing the harder content in the world because there is no reward for it. Having an Ersatz level 100 zone won’t cure that. Hard content has to be worth doing.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Wait. Just make more lvl 1-80 zones. And leave the scalping to ANet. And as far as I’ve seen there is no real story in the zones. If there is I’ve not made any of it out.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

How are you going to get stronger? No new traits, no new armor, no new weapons, so how? Just the default adjustments?

Have you done level 80 stuff at 60? People tried that at Lost Shores and got spanked without a group to carry them.

Since it would be a phony level 100 zone, loots would have to be capped at 80, craft nodes unchanged from 80 zones. What would be the benefit of this? I’d rather see some love given to Southsun.

It is a terrible idea.

People are not doing the harder content in the world because there is no reward for it. Having an Ersatz level 100 zone won’t cure that. Hard content has to be worth doing.

Drops would be at your real level, Ascended items will be usable and obtainable in new zone.

“It is a terrible idea.” I know it’s a kitten good idea. You just lack the vision to see it.

Downscaling means all levels are phony anyways.

Games are about overcoming challenges. Once you have the best weapons and armor, what then? Nothing

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

Wait. Just make more lvl 1-80 zones. And leave the scalping to ANet. And as far as I’ve seen there is no real story in the zones. If there is I’ve not made any of it out.

1-80 zones are great for your alts. But you will not feel the challenge with your main.

The story is the event chains. How they work. Why they are happening.

in Suggestions

BrotherBelial.3094

It is a terrible idea.

Drops would be at your real level, Ascended items will be usable and obtainable in new zone.

“It is a terrible idea.” I know it’s a kitten good idea. You just lack the vision to see it.

Games are about overcoming challenges. Once you have the best weapons and armor, what then? Nothing

No it’s not a good idea. As for what then. Did you not play Guild Wars? We had FoW, UW, DoA, Urzogs Warren, The Deep, Toomb of the Primeavl Kings, the last herofant. All top level zones all challenging.

The End.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Eh, I’d rather they focus their attention on making the current top level zones more interesting before they add in new zones.

Especially zones that allow you to be upscaled to the appropriate level. Then all a level 2 character would have to do is run like crazy through zones and tag way points on the way just in case he dies to get to the new zone. Creating even more of a dead zone problem for non-top level zones.

They need to do things to keep people interested in the zones they already have before they add new zones.

in Suggestions

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I played GW1 for 4 years with the same stat “best weapons and armor in game” I got a month in and still found challenges. I would expect the same here from the company that managed that with no vertical progress and a level cap of 20.

Temp or not, pushing the level cap up is not ‘vision’. It is everymmo and done to death.

Hard, challenging, current content in the world is left undone because there is no point doing it. Champions rarely drop loots of any kind, event payoffs are stingy compared to the time involved. I’m in level 80 zones all the time that are abandoned save for a few “loot corridors”. Nobody bothers with the harder stuff, the rewards are in Fractals.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

Concidering you have yet to get a single comment in favor of anything you’ve said I really have to wonder how kittening good your vision really is. It seems a bit miopic to me.

in Suggestions

Posted by: piitb.7635

piitb.7635

It’s so they can increase damage and such for players and mobs alike without rendering all the level 80 gear useless.

In fact upscaling will give them a much better handling of class balance and objectives they want to achieve because its placed in the designs hands, and not a player who will always try to overcome the design. Think as if the level cap was 50 and WvW scaled to 80. It would keep WvW more balanced.

Think McFly, think.

(edited by piitb.7635)

in Suggestions

BrotherBelial.3094

I played GW1 for 4 years with the same stat “best weapons and armor in game” I got a month in and still found challenges. I would expect the same here from the company that managed that with no vertical progress and a level cap of 20.

Temp or not, pushing the level cap up is not ‘vision’. It is everymmo and done to death.

Hard, challenging, current content in the world is left undone because there is no point doing it. Champions rarely drop loots of any kind, event payoffs are stingy compared to the time involved. I’m in level 80 zones all the time that are abandoned save for a few “loot corridors”. Nobody bothers with the harder stuff, the rewards are in Fractals.

Amen to that. ANet killed the Zones with fractals. At least on my server there was the initial zurg when flame and frost kicked off. But then back to fractals.

In guild wars you had people all over the place. Granted they where consentraed in to 3 or 4 placed like ToA DoA CoF and grotto. But that’s where the challenge was. When the best loot was. Rather than let the game tank and keep applying quick fixes. They need to get rid of DR. And give the champs and world bosses something worth getting.

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

It is a terrible idea.

No it’s not a good idea. As for what then. Did you not play Guild Wars? We had FoW, UW, DoA, Urzogs Warren, The Deep, Toomb of the Primeavl Kings, the last herofant. All top level zones all challenging.

The End.

Think about the way played a level 70-80 zone. You had to play it slower, level up or you die.

level 80 zones don’t have a increased challenge. Just more enemies and mobs to fight.

Raising the level cap in expansion zones. Will make players over come challenges by making them feel like they are getting stronger in the zone. They will go back to there normal after leaving the new zone.

You will have to level up to 100 in each new expansion. This is so every new expansion provides new challenges without gating content from level 80s.

Also this is Not GW! MMO work differently then a co-op game. You have Only Two Chooses.
Endless level increases or Level Cap 80 with upscaled content

in Suggestions

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Just more enemies and mobs to fight. Right. That must be why killing young karka is the same as killing Veteran Karka and Champion Karka. All the same?

And potshooting a few trash mobs in orr is the same as clearing the Temples. Ok…..

Just what “content” have you been doing?

I don’t need a new zone to gank trash mobs in. Challenge is in the current 80 zones, and ignored because there simply isn’t any challenge vs reward in the World loot tables.

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

Just more enemies and mobs to fight. Right. “That must be why killing young karka is the same as killing Veteran Karka and Champion Karka. All the same?”

And potshooting a few trash mobs in orr is the same as clearing the Temples. Ok…..

I don’t need a new zone to gank trash mobs in. Challenge is in the current 80 zones, and ignored because there simply isn’t any challenge vs reward in the World loot tables.

Is this your answer to a challenge. Content that that forces you into a party. Is this how you want all new zones?

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

Traits in GW are not the same as in GW2. You could freely experiment with new builds and play styles. Even with a 20 lvl as the cap you can change tactics.

It not like that in GW2. Changing traits is a gold sink. It’s not the same game.

in Suggestions

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Just more enemies and mobs to fight. Right. “That must be why killing young karka is the same as killing Veteran Karka and Champion Karka. All the same?”

Is this your answer to a challenge. Content that that forces you into a party. Is this how you want all new zones?

I soloed a Champion Reef Shark in Southsun, yesterday. It was plenty of challenge. Challenge for me is doing something alone that should take more people. Too bad I don’t feel the need to repeat it, as it dropped nothing. Couple of silver event payoff, no more than I get collecting eggs for the Chef there.

I’ve always felt that “biting off more than I should be able to chew” is a challenge, and there is plenty of that in this game. We just get no payoff for that. In GW1 I would try to solo bosses for the same reason.. and got higher payoffs with no party or heroes. Risk v Reward is one MMO mantra that should never be abandoned totally in my opinion.

I don’t want new zones. I want the loot table fixed for Champions and Vets, and DEs in the high level zones made attractive enough to bother with. New “high level” zones with the same abysmal challenge vs reward matrix would be just more fail.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

I soloed a Champion Reef Shark in Southsun, yesterday. It was plenty of challenge. Challenge for me is doing something alone that should take more people. Too bad I don’t feel the need to repeat it, as it dropped nothing. Couple of silver event payoff, no more than I get collecting eggs for the Chef there.

I don’t want new zones. I want the loot table fixed for Champions and Vets, and DEs in the high level zones made attractive enough to bother with. New “high level” zones with the same abysmal challenge vs reward matrix would be just more fail.

Champion’s are to easy to kite in circle’s. This should nerfed.

in Suggestions

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Underwater circle strafing.. ooo kkk. Yup, must be how I did it. Ha ha… Well, have fun with your suggestion.

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

Champion’s are to easy to kite in circle’s. This should nerfed.

That’s what you got out of that, huh? Well done…

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

Get back to the kittening topic. How to create future zones that provide challenges through increasing the difficulty throughout the zone.

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

It’s so they can increase damage and such for players and mobs alike without rendering all the level 80 gear useless.

In fact upscaling will give them a much better handling of class balance and objectives they want to achieve because its placed in the designs hands, and not a player who will always try to overcome the design. Think as if the level cap was 50 and WvW scaled to 80. It would keep WvW more balanced.

Think McFly, think.

This guy understands my idea.

in Suggestions

BrotherBelial.3094

It is a terrible idea.

The End.

Think about the way played a level 70-80 zone. You had to play it slower, level up or you die.

level 80 zones don’t have a increased challenge. Just more enemies and mobs to fight.

Raising the level cap in expansion zones. Will make players over come challenges by making them feel like they are getting stronger in the zone. They will go back to there normal after leaving the new zone.

You will have to level up to 100 in each new expansion. This is so every new expansion provides new challenges without gating content from level 80s.

Also this is Not GW! MMO work differently then a co-op game. You have Only Two Chooses.
Endless level increases or Level Cap 80 with upscaled content

No, just no. For a start I was 80 before I hit Orr. This is Guild Wars 2. Made by the same people. Though this game is off to a rocky start I’m confident that ANet know what they are doing. And pleas if I’m wrong, but isn’t the foundation of this game co-op? You can’t solo events on your own. I’ve seen people try to solo the temples in Orr, they can’t be done on there own, your meant, to you know, team up. As for events being story’s, I see then as missions. Not much of a story behind walking a merchant to the next village.

As for the new gear you mentioned. Like ascended, don’t you think that will make some people mad that karma merchants are selling things they had to “grind” to get? And one you did this level 81-100, would I have to do it every time I entered the zone? If not all I’d have to do is “grind” the lower ones first, then I’d be lvl 100 before I hit the last 10 levels. If I did that would annoy me no end having to re level. And if you capped the levelling per zone then what would be the point going else where? You’ve already levelled. You’ll go thee for a look and that’s it. I can see your point really I can. But it just won’t work, there is no need for a 20 level tempery boost. I just don’t see it working. It just all feels pointless. And let’s face it, no one likes levelling really. We all know you don’t get the nice stuff till your 80(unless its a Fiery Dragon Sword, but that’s different.)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Get back to the kittening topic. How to create future zones that provide challenges through increasing the difficulty throughout the zone.

We are on the topic. We just feel things should be done to increase the challenge and reward and draw to the existing zones FIRST before ANet adds more zones.

We agree with your problem. There are those of us who disagree with your solution for varying reasons.

Mine is they should fix the existing zones first and fix the loot before they add another zone regardless of what level it’s for.

If they implement this idea now, there will be VERY few active zones below this. Because all a person has to do is run their character to this zone and they get upscaled higher. Sure, they might die a lot more. But the rewards will be higher as well as higher XP if they can hit hard enough. It will further exacerbate the problem of dead lower level zones.