Extended Achievement Tracker

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sir Black.7423

Sir Black.7423

It would be very nice to have something like this for:
Invasion Canceler – maps completed/remaining.
Dive Master – which dives have been done.
Krytan/Orr/Maguuma/Shiverpeak/Ascalon Explorer – at least let us know which maps are done or which still have areas remaining to be explored.
every Dungeon achievement – which paths have been done.
Daily Kill Variety – which types of enemies have been killed.
Monthly Puzzle Jumper – which puzzles have been done.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

Krytan/Orr/Maguuma/Shiverpeak/Ascalon Explorer – at least let us know which maps are done or which still have areas remaining to be explored.

And while they are at it make the Achievement Titles Linkable so if you are gonna do path 3 in X dungeon you can link that into your guilds chat. If someone is interested in whatever achievement when they highlight it they can get all the pertinent information about it and if they right click the Link there should be a new option to Join Party, once clicked they will automatically join your party.
Thus streamlining the useful purpose of the proposed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alien.8735

Alien.8735

+1 for all those excellent examples.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nmaster.3560

Nmaster.3560

+1, +100, +9001

I’m shocked this isn’t already in place, it just needs to be there.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I too have asked for this multiple times. You think it would be rather easy. I’ve played for over a year and at this point have no clue which dives I’ve made with the diving goggles and which I haven’t. I also have been stuck on 174/175 explorable in the Shiverpeaks, but don’t know what I’m missing (even though I have 100% world completion). Dungeon paths would also be nice to know.

In all, it shouldn’t be that hard as obviously it is tracked for the achievement…just make it visible please!

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

+1 Great idea.
I had to redo so amny maps for this and rewrite what i have and havent done.
Also it has happened before with some achievments already, but I can’t remember which…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Foxgloved.3029

Foxgloved.3029

Been at 12/13 since day 3 of the event – thot I had a list that worked but am on about my 18th additional hour trying to find the last zone.
Of course now the areas are just full of farmers so at least 1/2 of maps fail and folks are happy as clams to let those of us know that are still working on this that they don’t give a crap. Blech.
Really tired of new content as is everyone I talk to in my guild of over 450. It is wearing us out. We are tired of having to spend untold hours chasing after stuff to get these achievements that are bugged, fail more than 50% of time. I know, so don’t do it. Can’t man, am 100 pts from 10k chest. This game is tough on an achievement junkie.

Just give us a list like noted above – great idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jumpers.5069

Jumpers.5069

If we don’t get this in the next few days, I will have lost all hope for Anet. First they botch the PvP, and now they can’t implement their living story transparently, or hell, even attempt at reconciling with the players over this absolute debacle.

It is incredibly disgusting that they would dare introduce a merely 2-week long, random chance, bug-ridden achievement with no tracker. Fix it. This should be TOP priority. Your kitten is broken.

I’ve done nearly every map three times. And I give up until I know which one I still need to do and can do it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

The game already knows which particular ‘part’ of an achievement that has been completed. That way credit won’t be issued for repeating a particular ‘part’.

So why not just display this information to the player?

Simple qulaity of life fix. Should have been in from day one really, but it most definitely should have come in with the achievement tab update.

in Suggestions

Invictus.1503

The game already knows which particular ‘part’ of an achievement that has been completed. That way credit won’t be issued for repeating a particular ‘part’.

So why not just display this information to the player?

Simple qulaity of life fix. Should have been in from day one really, but it most definitely should have come in with the achievement tab update.

This is exactly my point. Thing like the diving achievement really sucks without this display, especially when you’ve been playing for a year.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

I believe the devs posted in another thread recently that they’re working on something like this.

Makes me wish the search function worked so I could find the post for you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Argel.8274

Argel.8274

With an answer from anet like that, back to Skyrim I guess. The disdain anet has for players, especially casual players that just cannot play and grind all the time is astounding. Or it would be if I had not seen those 1year numbers. So many players, that casual and even semi-casual players are likely not part of their core market anymore. These past two events have been very grind heavy. Not a good sign.

in Suggestions

Invictus.1503

With an answer from anet like that, back to Skyrim I guess. The disdain anet has for players, especially casual players that just cannot play and grind all the time is astounding. Or it would be if I had not seen those 1year numbers. So many players, that casual and even semi-casual players are likely not part of their core market anymore. These past two events have been very grind heavy. Not a good sign.

I’m sorry, but I’m a bit lost. To what “answer from anet like that” are you referring? The only thing I saw was from the posted above you saying they said they are working on it. What did I miss?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Argel.8274

Argel.8274

Right you are. I thought I was posting in the Invasion Zones thread. Sorry about that. This thread seems more promising.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Muchachowitz.6057

Muchachowitz.6057

I’ve been having a very hard time rationalizing this not already being in the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Schnitzelweck.7690

Schnitzelweck.7690

in Suggestions

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

Since the GW2 coding already includes a way of identifying which dungeon/metaevent/map section(s) have been completed (and which are still “incomplete”), it would seem that it is entirely possible to “tunnel down” in the achievements panel to discover just what is “missing” from specific achievements. Since the data exists, it can be put to use (or should be able to be used)