Followers

Followers

in Suggestions

Posted by: moystakalhs.5873

moystakalhs.5873

hello
wouldn’d be great if there were something like followers in qw2?except the pets as a racial thing or the summons in elementalist etc. wouldn’t be nice if yiu could have someone ore a creature to follow but you could make edits in his inventory,to pyt him spells to carry your thhing and to levele him up to combine with other thing etc.

Followers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Black Dragon.3784

Black Dragon.3784

Sound a little like ……. Runescape

Followers

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

more like SWToR……and i like the idea behind it, the problem is that the AI will always be an issue with GW2.
can they dodge in a timely fashion, are they able to detect dangerous moments, do they know when and when not to attack a target, does it slow you down when it is attacked, does the game eventually have to make you weaker to keep it balanced, does it fight with you, can it be attacked, can it attack, if it can attack does it have it’s own skills?
and the list go’s on, it would be nice but you have to think it trough a bit further before suggesting such a complicated system.

(edited by sorudo.9054)

Followers

in Suggestions

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

No thanks. Don’t need more bad AI. Never liked AI followers anyways, I think they dull down the game.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

Followers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Trashman.8596

Trashman.8596

I so want this. I have a lot of alts and being able to summon like two of them to fight by my side would be cool. Just like SWTOR, but since there are only so many skills they can have it would be easier. Plus, I could do a group event without having to hope people are around to do them. Bring back the HEROES!

Venkas
Ehmry Bay/Haven Community
A Commander sometimes

Followers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bron.9647

Bron.9647

Please do not bring back heroes! I was glad when they announced that there would be no heroes in Guild Wars 2. Heroes were annoying in Guild Wars 1, because more often than not they would run off and attack something that you didn’t want to attack. ArenaNet would also have to re-balance the difficulty of the game, since you would be more powerful with constant allies.

Heroes also made it easier for people to ignore other players and do everything solo, thus turning Guild Wars 1 into more of a single player game than a multi-player game and creating more of an anti-social environment. I remember when they made it so you could have 7 heroes, everyone stopped trying to find other people to play with and the game became more lonely. Dungeon running would become the same way if this were implemented and dungeons aren’t meant to be run solo.

Followers

in Suggestions

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Followers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kalimu.7563

Kalimu.7563

This is a bad idea.
Players that like having followers already have that possibility. almost every proffesion has the ability to have a follower already.
Ranger – pets
Necromancer – minions
Elementalists – elementals (although these do need rework)
Mesmers – clones
Engineer – turrets
Thief – the thiefs
Guardian – spirit weapons
Warrior – ???? (something could be added here.)
Except for the warriors, every class already has followers. This system would be too hard to balance, which would force players to either have an annoying AI follower bumming them 24/7 or prohibit players that would want an AI follower from having it, in order to fall in strength

Followers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drakenvold.9761

Drakenvold.9761

i like it..hear me out

-the followers couldnt fight,merely grant % bonuses to crafting and minor ones like magic find and so on
-would be costumizable in appearance,like 3 pieces of armor,new armor and hair bought on TP
-could be sent in missions with a set day of duration for better loot at the end,being out of action for the duration and if defeated,also the mission would be statistical,we would se only the result,would not interfere or help out
-also followers could be unlocked through quests,achievements or bought at TP (famous one i guess)
-would have an affection meter,we could fill it throw time spent played,key achievements done or itens bought as gifts,when 100% full we unlocked a follower related questwhich revealed a bit of their past

what do you think???

Followers

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

This is a bad idea.
Players that like having followers already have that possibility. almost every proffesion has the ability to have a follower already.
Ranger – pets
Necromancer – minions
Elementalists – elementals (although these do need rework)
Mesmers – clones
Engineer – turrets
Thief – the thiefs
Guardian – spirit weapons
Warrior – ???? (something could be added here.)
Except for the warriors, every class already has followers. This system would be too hard to balance, which would force players to either have an annoying AI follower bumming them 24/7 or prohibit players that would want an AI follower from having it, in order to fall in strength

ele and guardian pets are gone after about a minute, thief only has them trough an elite skill, engineer turrets are stationary and mesmer clones & phantoms are only available on a enemy.
hardly a link there…..

Followers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tetriandoch.6145

Tetriandoch.6145

Warrior – ???? (something could be added here)
Except for the warriors, every class already has followers.

Oh, no, no, no… oh, God, please NO!!

More seriously, considering the very poor AI this game is cursed with, I wouldn’t want a permanent follower.