FORCED GAMBLING

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Posted by: VeXeV.2839

VeXeV.2839

I just wanted to convey my feelings about the Forced gambling when it comes to Moa racing. First of all I do not believe in gambling of any kind in real life or otherwise, so you must understand how displeased I was when I found out that you are FORCED to gamble in order to get one of the achievements in the latest game release. At the time of posting this message I have spent 10g just to try and get that stupid achievement because I want to get the back piece at the end of the event and I like to complete everything these new events have to offer. I have spent a lot of time playing this game and I very much have enjoyed that time I have spent a good amount of money on Gems in the game to support it as well as get some of the newly released content and I am very angry with this. I don’t believe that that I should be forced to play a random game of luck with a chunk of my money for an achievement or for any reason. Any one agree???

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

No. It’s not money. It’s imaginary money. It’s the same as gambling about crossing the street and not getting hit by a car. Only it’s less of actual gambling because the “money” is only money if you decide it has real value. basically, if you decide that it does have value then you are creating the situation for yourself. A-net isn’t the one doing it for you.

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bacon Please.8407

Bacon Please.8407

No. It’s not money. It’s imaginary money. It’s the same as gambling about crossing the street and not getting hit by a car. Only it’s less of actual gambling because the “money” is only money if you decide it has real value. basically, if you decide that it does have value then you are creating the situation for yourself. A-net isn’t the one doing it for you.

It is very much gambling. The time, effort, and emotion put into the game is what is being gambled. Gambling doesn’t have to have a monetary value. To look at it simply as “oh it’s a game it doesn’t matter at all” is a little arrogant . Some people very much enjoy this game and for them to regain 10gold lost is like them having to farm CoF for 2 dreadful hours or get an extremely lucky drop which probably won’t happen. So while the value of the gold isn’t worth anything, a players time and effort is. People get fed up, people leave, value of the company goes down due to less revenue via Micro-transactions etc. So I guess it really does have a monetary value doesn’t it?

We all like to [FARM] Guild Leader
Jade Quarry

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

You don’t need the moa achieve for the back piece, there are extra achievements just as there was for southsun. The achievement at the top requires that you do 10 things, 10 of 15.

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Dustfinger.9510

It is very much gambling. The time, effort, and emotion put into the game is what is being gambled. Gambling doesn’t have to have a monetary value. To look at it simply as “oh it’s a game it doesn’t matter at all” is a little arrogant . Some people very much enjoy this game and for them to regain 10gold lost is like them having to farm CoF for 2 dreadful hours or get an extremely lucky drop which probably won’t happen. So while the value of the gold isn’t worth anything, a players time and effort is. People get fed up, people leave, value of the company goes down due to less revenue via Micro-transactions etc. So I guess it really does have a monetary value doesn’t it?

it’s not arrogant at all. You are choosing to take a neutral message in a negative light because you assume you know what I was saying and that assumption has blinded you to what was actually being said. It’s no more gambling than earning an unspecified amount of pixelated coin for an unspecified amount of pixelated mob killing. The entire value is all dependant on how much value you place on the imaginary items. (Notice I’m not dismissingor trivializing what that personal value is, as you’ve implied I was doing) You are creating the situation, not a-net. So if you see it as gambling then you have been gambling the entire time just by playing the game in any way shape or form you have chosen to play the game. Since all your time has value. Therefor, they aren’t forcing you to gamble at all because they aren’t forcing you to play the game.

(edited by Dustfinger.9510)

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Posted by: Razeor.6271

Razeor.6271

The board game LIFE forced me to gamble too.

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Sorry, but as Player Character said, you don’t need to achieve The Winner’s Circle to get the back piece. You only need 10 of the 15 achievements, and a good amount are pretty much gimme’s. Especially when the story content finally rolls around.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Achievement points, commonly known as a compensation system, being forced onto you? You feel forced to gamble play money on play numbers because you want more play number than another person because why?

It’s complaining about playing poker with monopoly money. It’s not real. It’s not necessary. Have fun.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

^^ this
Nobody is forcing you to do anything.

Personally, I don’t give a flying kitten for any of the achievements or virtual geegaws in the game. None of it’s real and if it’s so important to you that you have to use capslock, you’ve got a problem

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Posted by: Retrospek.4583

Retrospek.4583

So, let me get this straight, you are against gambling because you don’t believe in it in real life, but it’s okay to murder and kill things for money and loot?

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hoyvin.3241

Hoyvin.3241

You can capitalize it as much as you want, but no one is forcing you to do anything.

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Only those with completionist sickness are “forced” (by forced, I still mean completely optional, since not all completionists are ‘achievement’ completionist, and those that are know they are going to have to spend some gold) to participate in this gambling, and even they can shove down the OCD long enough to say ‘No’ if they really want to. Its all perspective really, and since this is intended as a gold sink, OF COURSE its going to require money.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

It’s not forced bro-beans. It’s also a lot of fun if you give it a shot…

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

It’s virtual. I don’t see why this is a problem if it were for real money then I could see it as a problem. I don’t think one has to do it alot for the achievement. I don’t believe in PVP in fact I hate it in every game but I did the crab toss.

Do you have a religious or cultural reason for this or is it just something that bothers you? Every culture I’ve encountered so far even the extremely religious ones have had a gambling side and have had exceptions to every rule.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

So, let me get this straight, you are against gambling because you don’t believe in it in real life, but it’s okay to murder and kill things for money and loot?

I love this — tyvm!

I kill over 1000 mobs last night including helpless bunnies for Dragon Chest drops. Players are worried about “virtual gambling”?!?!?!?

Hypocritical to the extreme.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I agree that there is some gambling involved, but like many others have said… You are not forced to play the Moa Races.

I wish I had more money to give it a shot. :P

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

The board game LIFE forced me to gamble too.

It’s not gambling when you get stuck with 2 sets of twins right after college..

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Actually GW2 gold does have a direct real world value. There is a constant realtime indicator of the gold to gems value, and gems have a specific dollar value. On top of that, time equals money and there is typically a significant time expenditure per gold, presenting a value there as well.

So yes, it is gambling. It is also more gambling than crossing the street as street crossing is a game of skill while Moa Racing is 100% RNG.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Player Character.9467

@Everybody still posting here

You don’t need the moa achieve for the back piece, there are extra achievements just as there was for southsun. The achievement at the top requires that you do 10 things, 10 of 15.

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Feed Me Change.6528

Actually GW2 gold does have a direct real world value. There is a constant realtime indicator of the gold to gems value, and gems have a specific dollar value. On top of that, time equals money and there is typically a significant time expenditure per gold, presenting a value there as well.

You can NOT directly convert GEMS to REAL MONEY ie a “cash out”. If you convert it to gold and sell the gold, you broke ANet EULA and broke their rules. No laws are broken because you can not cash out gems to real money

Random quote from: http://internet-law.lawyers.com/e-commerce/Is-Virtual-Currency-Worth-It.html

Is it Legal?

As long a few rules are followed, virtual currency and credit is legal. In fact, there aren’t many US rules and laws on it at all. However:

If the virtual money or credit is used to play gambling games, and the virtual money can be cashed-in for or converted to real money, the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act is probably being broken
If you can go to Western Union or some other wire transfer service and get real cash for virtual credits, state and federal laws on reporting the transaction to state and federal government agencies and privacy laws apply
If the virtual credit or currency tools are used to launder money, it’s a criminal offense

Using virtual credit and currency may be fun and convenient, and if Facebook’s success continues, it may be the wave of the future. We may be able to buy real things with it. Until then, have fun with it, but buyer beware still rules. Keep in mind what your getting and not getting with that currency.

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Yeah it’s gambling… but there are so many other moral failures in MMOs… drinking, killing, stealing, smoking… did we mention killing?

Oh yeah, and killing.

If you object on moral grounds to the moa racing, then please also stop killing things — otherwise we’ll say you have no objection to murder.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

You can NOT directly convert GEMS to REAL MONEY ie a “cash out”. If you convert it to gold and sell the gold, you broke ANet EULA and broke their rules. No laws are broken because you can not cash out gems to real money

But you CAN buy gems for real money, therefore gems have a specific dollar value. Since you can ALSO buy gems for gold with a real time indicator of the current market value you can make the conversion to see the real world value of gold at any given time. You need to go calm down and let out a little of that rightous indignation, it’s not good for you.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Feed Me Change.6528

But you CAN buy gems for real money, therefore gems have a specific dollar value. Since you can ALSO buy gems for gold with a real time indicator of the current market value you can make the conversion to see the real world value of gold at any given time. You need to go calm down and let out a little of that rightous indignation, it’s not good for you.

lol. you are missing the point…

But please, go to a lawyer and try to sue ANet.. See how that works out for ya.

Don’t you think Zygna, facebook and all of these other companies would have been sued already for doing this? This isn’t a new concept and it’s pushing 5-6 years old already.

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

Yeah it’s gambling… but there are so many other moral failures in MMOs… drinking, killing, stealing, smoking… did we mention killing?

Oh yeah, and killing.

If you object on moral grounds to the moa racing, then please also stop killing things — otherwise we’ll say you have no objection to murder.

Killing isn’t always murder. And an aversion to gambling isn’t always on moral grounds. I don’t 100% support the OP, but I do agree it’s gambling and that is also specifically why I have a problem with it and won’t play it. I don’t gamble, not because it’s “morally wrong” but because I might as well just flush the money down the toilet or eat it as gamble it for all the good it does. It is a waste and I don’t like wasting my money if I can help it. Since I don’t gain any amount of extra enjoyment watching the Moas run if I’ve put down money on one as I do if I haven’t the money I’m most likely going to lose is not doing me any good.

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Feed Me Change.6528

You are saying gems have a real value yes?

In the EULA you agree that gems do not have a real money value.

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

You are saying gems have a real value yes?

In the EULA you agree that gems do not have a real money value.

Dude… what are you talking about? You’re having an argument with yourself, or something, because it isn’t with me since nothing you’ve said has yet had anything to do with anything I’ve said. I’m not suing anyone. I’m not trying to get my money back. I’m not selling gold, and it’s impossible to sell gems. I was making a point to someone else entirely in regard to a point they were making which also had nothing to do with any of these things.

I’m pretty sure I didn’t agree to that, because that makes no sense. If Gems don’t have a real money value how can I buy them for real money? I have bought several thousand gems to a cash value of $50-70, I’m not actually sure how many I’ve purchased. Purchased, mind you. That is an indication of real money value.

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Feed Me Change.6528

Actually GW2 gold does have a direct real world value. There is a constant realtime indicator of the gold to gems value, and gems have a specific dollar value.

From the EULA:

You acknowledge that Gems are digital material with no cash value…

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-user-agreement/

section 4.d.vii

Am I missing something…?

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

Actually GW2 gold does have a direct real world value. There is a constant realtime indicator of the gold to gems value, and gems have a specific dollar value.

From the EULA:

section 4.d.vii

Am I missing something…?

Yes, everything. I would appreciate it if you could go troll someone else now, as this has nothing at all to do with the topic, let alone the point I was making.

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Mimir.4690

From the EULA:

section 4.d.vii

Am I missing something…?

Yes, everything. I would appreciate it if you could go troll someone else now, as this has nothing at all to do with the topic, let alone the point I was making.

I think the point that you are trying to make (which many players in this thread have already pointed out) is that you feel you are being forced to participate in this event, regardless of whether or not you think it’s gambling (that’s irrelevant, because that isn’t your point, correct?).

However, you are not being forced to complete that achievement in order to receive the back piece. There are 15 achievements total, and you only need 10. If you are a completionist, then you have to understand that that is your choice and you must therefore accept what some achievements may require. You are not being forced to do anything in a game, because it is a game.

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

From the EULA:

section 4.d.vii

Am I missing something…?

I think the point that you are trying to make (which many players in this thread have already pointed out) is that you feel you are being forced to participate in this event, regardless of whether or not you think it’s gambling (that’s irrelevant, because that isn’t your point, correct?).

However, you are not being forced to complete that achievement in order to receive the back piece. There are 15 achievements total, and you only need 10. If you are a completionist, then you have to understand that that is your choice and you must therefore accept what some achievements may require. You are not being forced to do anything in a game, because it is a game.

No, that isn’t my point either. I’m not the OP, I’m just someone who responded to someone else on VERY specific points, and actually I do think it’s gambling, because it is gambling. That actually was one of my points.

I’m not going to do the Moa Racing because I don’t want to waste my silver. If it was cheaper, or could be variably changed to be cheaper I might concider it. Currently it’s too expensive to get something I don’t care enough about. Especially since, as you and several others have said, I don’t need it to finish the achievement.

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Mimir.4690

From the EULA:

section 4.d.vii

Am I missing something…?

No, that isn’t my point either. I’m not the OP, I’m just someone who responded to someone else on VERY specific points, and actually I do think it’s gambling, because it is gambling. That actually was one of my points.

I’m not going to do the Moa Racing because I don’t want to waste my silver. If it was cheaper, or could be variably changed to be cheaper I might concider it. Currently it’s too expensive to get something I don’t care enough about. Especially since, as you and several others have said, I don’t need it to finish the achievement.

Oh, I didn’t even realize you weren’t the OP! Sorry about that. ^^

I agree that it’s gambling, and I won’t be taking part (also because I am not willing to pay 50s, because I really suck at getting money in this game). If the price were lowered to 5s, I’d be happy to join in but it doesn’t seem worth it (only for the mini moa pet!).

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Dustfinger.9510

So yes, it is gambling. It is also more gambling than crossing the street as street crossing is a game of skill while Moa Racing is 100% RNG.

It’s no more gambling than playing the game and getting coins for killing mobs. So if it is gambling then OP has been gambling the entire time.

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Posted by: Midnight Gypsy.9360

Midnight Gypsy.9360

I had about 57 s when I went to the Moa race and left with 2 g. you will make money even if you don’t get first place. I got 1st place 2 times. 3rd 2 times and 2nd twice. it’s easy to walk away with gaining a little bit of money.

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

It’s no more gambling than playing the game and getting coins for killing mobs. So if it is gambling then OP has been gambling the entire time.

Also untrue. You don’t spend coins for a % chance to gain coins when killing mobs. In Moa Racing you have to spend a significant amount of coins, in my opinion, for a low chance to receive a reward. That is the definition of gambling.

I had about 57 s when I went to the Moa race and left with 2 g. you will make money even if you don’t get first place. I got 1st place 2 times. 3rd 2 times and 2nd twice. it’s easy to walk away with gaining a little bit of money.

There is nothing better than when someone with an absurd level of luck comes in and says how lucrative RNG gambling is. Keep playing and let us know how rich you are in the end. With a high enough sample size you should average out to a lose of about 6 silver per bet.

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

First of all I do not believe in gambling of any kind in real life or otherwise

You’re gambling every time you salvage a rare/exotic in hopes of getting a glob of ectoplasm.

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

no, the math is off. This link says the green bag gives 5 s but that is wrong, it’s 20s.

http://guildwars2.mmmos.com/index.php?page=view&id=13530

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

Green bag being 3rd place Kal.

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Dustfinger.9510

Also untrue. You don’t spend coins for a % chance to gain coins when killing mobs. In Moa Racing you have to spend a significant amount of coins, in my opinion, for a low chance to receive a reward. That is the definition of gambling.

Not untrue at all. You equated time to money. So if time equals money as you’ve said then we spend our time (which is like spending money) to kill mobs and get an undetermined amount of money back. that amount may well not be worth what we value our time at so we can take a loss this way.

edit: and your definition of gambling falls short because I can spend real money to invest in a business that has a good chance at not succeeding in order to get a monetary reward. It is taking a “gamble” (in the sense that gamble and chance are used interchangeably) but it is not considerd gambling in the sense that the OP is describing.

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seraki.2753

Seraki.2753

Well the RNG is pretty much virtual dice and every time you play and kill something or even harvest you use it. However just to play DA if you buy gems with RL money and then buy gold with those gems and use it to play a betting game in game …

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

I just wanted to convey my feelings about the Forced gambling when it comes to Moa racing. First of all I do not believe in gambling of any kind in real life or otherwise, so you must understand how displeased I was when I found out that you are FORCED to gamble in order to get one of the achievements in the latest game release. At the time of posting this message I have spent 10g just to try and get that stupid achievement because I want to get the back piece at the end of the event and I like to complete everything these new events have to offer. I have spent a lot of time playing this game and I very much have enjoyed that time I have spent a good amount of money on Gems in the game to support it as well as get some of the newly released content and I am very angry with this. I don’t believe that that I should be forced to play a random game of luck with a chunk of my money for an achievement or for any reason. Any one agree???

You need to win 3 times and lost 10 gold and still didnt win? Thats kinda sad, thoug no I do not agree.

I do not know if your the type that want to get every achivement in the game or not, but in what you wrote, it say that “10g just to try and get that stupid achievement because I want to get the back piece at the end of the event”
In other words, your going for achivement to get the back item, which is impossible to get at this state, that is just leading to that your not getting the fun experienced version A-Net probably wanted to set up to you, but the actual hardcore mode where you go 100% in it, even thoug you have experienced this content.
Your not forced to go throug this event, this is truely the ONLY gambling in this achivement which there are 14 in total of and you need 10 to get the back item.
Beside that, you wont be able to get the item be4 adays or weeks “not 100% sure when the rest are comming up yet”.
I am myself avoiding the moa event since i got my achivement, if you got all the other once, you basecly have seen it all this far.

As I see it, Gw2 put up 14 out of 10 events because they didnt want anyone to be forced to do anything. Just by putting fun gamble to the game, is not a crime. I am not going so far to say that every game have it so why not gw2. But you have to think on others perspective to, ALOT of people is having a great deal of fun from this event “its all over map chat atm :P”

But instead of seeing that Arena Net is forcing you to do something you dont want to do, just see it as a small thing that Arena Net implemented it for fun to thoese who are having a great deal of fun from this, not for the actual achivement.

This is seriously the first time that i read that anyone is against the moa race, but if that is how you fell like it, just avoid it, there are still alot of achivements to gather be4 the rest of events even begin.

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

My problem is there is strategy involved in Moa racing. It’s just random chance.

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Player Character.9467

why is this thread still happening?

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

marnick.4305

Let’s just check which ten commandments were breaking before we debate gambling.

You shall have no other Gods but me. > Dwayna, Grenth, Balthazar …

You shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it. > I bow down to Grenth to go to UW

You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God. > Dear lord we’re already at three.

You shall remember and keep the Sabbath day holy. > sunday is the best farm day in the week. Most people online for drops

Respect your father and mother. > Except I regret not looking for them

You must not kill. > no comment

You must not commit adultery. > Kasmeer

You must not steal. > Too many hearts to remember

You must not give false evidence against your neighbour. > Pretty sure Asura have some of this.

You must not be envious of your neighbour’s goods. You shall not be envious of his house nor his wife, nor anything that belongs to your neighbour. > Which is the cornerstone for the entire legendary hunt.

Ten commandments broken. Feel free to add gambling to the list.

Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Player Character.9467

You shall remember and keep the Sabbath day holy. > sunday is the best farm day in the week. Most people online for drops

Sabbath is saturday brah.

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eadgyth.3641

Eadgyth.3641

Retrospek.4583

It is a little, a tad, arrogant for one player to assume they know how another player chooses to play or accuse them of murder.

I have a vegan pacifist character named Merry Sunshine, who is a human guardian.

Can you tell I loved my monk in the original Guild Wars?

Merry hasn’t yet made up her mind about gambling but she is opposed to violence while living in a violent world in constant conflict. If she bemoans the vice gambling you can’t accuse her of murder, well you can, but you would be mistaken.

Merry is rather like a conscientious objector who has been drafted into a war she would rather end, or had never begun.

Merry is a level 400 vegan cook (yup it can be done) and she will never bake or eat an omnomberry bar because it contains eggs (I have another 400 cook that will make anything).

Merry has never killed anything or offensively attacked anything and I currently keep her unarmed as she levels to make sure I don’t accidentally forget her philosophy and accidentally force her to do something she morally opposes. I am not concentrating on Merry right now but ultimately I want to see if she can be a valuable dungeon and WvW team member with only healing and defensive skills. Maybe not but it is interesting to me to try it out.

There are things Merry will never accomplish (like 100% map or storyline completion) because of her personal philosophy but the goal was to discover if there were unconventional valid, fun and interesting ways to play this game that did not involve wholesale slaughter (which not all enjoy).

Merry doesn’t care about obtaining a legendary weapon like the others do and won’t feel left out not to get one. She loves to gather strawberries and other vegan delicacies but because she doesn’t want her allies to die at the hands of world invaders or monsters, she will abandon the strawberry fields to support and heal them if she can.

My other five characters, Merry’s adopted sisters, are traditionally violent and, like me, omnivorous.

The creative mind might think of many non-traditional fun things to do in this game; assuming all players have chosen a single play style in this game is a little, just a wee bit, unimaginative.

Let’s not assume we know how others play and try to be a bit more tolerant of player differences, including aversion to gambling. I don’t like it either.

Maybe you might try on the shoulders or gloves of empathy and see how they fit.

(edited by Eadgyth.3641)

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

marnick.4305

Sabbath is saturday brah.

Saturday is also a good farm day. And I knew some purist would come along and comment on exactly that :p If you need a specific day in the week to honour a specific person or being, you’re doing something wrong. I don’t need sabbath for god just like I don’t need valentine for my Girlfriends.

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Dustfinger.9510

Saturday is also a good farm day. And I knew some purist would come along and comment on exactly that :p If you need a specific day in the week to honour a specific person or being, you’re doing something wrong. I don’t need sabbath for god just like I don’t need valentine for my Girlfriends.

I wouldn’t say it’s any more wrong than designating Thursday as laundry day. It’s just a way to ensure that it happens consistently without “life” getting in the way.

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

marnick.4305

I wouldn’t say it’s any more wrong than designating Thursday as laundry day. It’s just a way to ensure that it happens consistently without “life” getting in the way.

It will be a cold day in hell when god consistently gets in the way of my life.

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Dustfinger.9510

It will be a cold day in hell when god consistently gets in the way of my life.

To each there own. Either way, it isn’t doing “wrong” by setting a schedule for anything.

FORCED GAMBLING

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mist Y.5214

Mist Y.5214

why is this thread still happening?

The Dragon Ball achievements don’t count.