in Suggestions

Posted by: solidsnake.3906

solidsnake.3906

Guild vs Guild system consists in a new type of war to entertain the players.
This new type of war consists in a five new exclusive war maps, each one with five great castles to be conquered and defended (something simillar to ragnarok online’s war of emperium).

The Guild vs Guild weekly war will happens only in each server, isnt like WvW.

This new type of war can be implemented in a future expansion of Guild Wars 2.

How to conquer a castle:

Players have to invade the castle, pass through all parts of the castle and get to the central part where resides an artifact that must be broken. The guild who do more damage on the artifact conquer the castle.

How to defend a castle:

Before the guild vs guild war time starts, the guild leader can summon all guild members with a skill to get inside the castle. The summon skill will teleport everyone to the central room where artifact must be defended from the other players. There would be strategically positions in the castle which ranged and magic classes will have advantage points to attack the invaders. The guild resident of a castle must forbid the other guilds to break the artifact.

The guild vs guild will happen in a one specific day and time at the week (its a weekly war)

The attractives of the guild vs guild will consists in exclusive content for the guilds who have conquered a castle (exclusive dungeons with exclusive rewards such as weapons, accessories, sets which can be obtained by drop or by guild points to buy at a specific npc). The exclusive rewards of the castles will be far better than the rewards from the common dungeons actually.

Here is some ideas for contents and designs of castles:

- Dragon Temple (oriental castle type): dragon / dragoon gear set, dragon / dragoon weapons, dragon set accessories, dragon castle / guild banner.

- Phoenix Temple (oriental castle type): phoenix gear set, phoenix weapons, phoenix set accessories, phoenix castle / guild banner.

- Wolf Castle (occidental castle type): wolf gear set, wolf weapons, wolf set accessories, wolf castle / guild banner.

- Snake Castle (occidental castle type): snake gear set, snake weapons, snake set accessories, snake castle / guild banner.

- Falcon / Eagle Castle (occidental castle type): falcon / eagle gear set, falcon / eagle weapons, falcon / eagle set accessories, falcon / eagle castle / guild banner.

- Sun Temple (oriental castle type): sun gear set, sun weapons, sun set accessories, sun castle / guild banner.

- Moon Temple (oriental castle type): moon gear set, moon weapons, moon set accessories, moon castle / guild banner.

- Lion Castle (occidental castle type): lion gear set, lion weapons, lion set accessories, lion castle / guild banner.

- Eclipse Temple (oriental castle type): eclipse gear set, eclipse weapons, eclipse set accessories, eclipse castle / guild banner.

- Holy Templar Castle (occidental castle): holy templar gear set, holy templar weapons, holy templar set accessories, holy templar castle / guild banner.

- Mother Nature Sacred Temple (based on sylvari race): mother nature sacred gear set, mother nature sacred weapons, mother nature sacred set accessories, mother nature castle / guild banner.

Each castle will have its unique style and unique style of sets and weapons. The sets will be known as Deva gears: a new different type of gear which is extremely good for pve and will have pvp bonus attack and defense against other players (its a mix between pve and pvp).

Each castle will have its own unique exclusive dungeons with exclusive monsters and bosses.

Each guild resident of a castle can recive a 10% royalties each day from black lion company negociations as war profits. The money will be sent to the guild master postbox.

Here is some examples:

- Dragon Temple dungeon: its a cave which have dragonflies, wyverns and baby dragons as normal monsters and a Great Chineese Dragon as the boss of dungeon.

- Moon Temple dungeon: its a lunar plane which have creatures of the night as monsters and a moon sage as the boss of dungeon.

- Holy Templar Castle dungeon: its a enormous castle which have members of templar order as enemies and a Grand Master Holy Templar Knight as the boss of dungeon.

- Phoenix Temple dungeon: its a great japanese temple set on fire which ten floors or more. Each floor have a 2~5 type of fire monsters and in the rooftop will be the boss of the dungeon, the legendary Phoenix.

- Mother Nature Sacred Temple dungeon: its inside the Yggdrasil, the tree of life. Consists in many rooms in each floor with nature monsters. And in the last floor of the tree will reside the Guardian of the Temple which is a enormous Ent or a Nature Golem as the boss of dungeon.

Its a great challenge for level desginers, 3d modellers, animators, programmers and players!

(edited by solidsnake.3906)

in Suggestions

Posted by: alamore.1974

alamore.1974

Lol love it. I’d would change something about it. Have skins for weapons and,armor maybe.
And instead of a dungeon I’d have ‘farms’ make it possible for each separate area to have ore wood veggies and some poor critters to farm.
Also the whole break artifact has to go. Add a npc instead you don’t want this to similar to other games…. I’d also input npc guards that have the possibility to be upgraded.
I know Alot of pvpers don’t like npc in pvp but it adds more difficulty and makes attackers strategize instead of just rush in swords drawn.

P.s. I know exactly were you got this idea lol don’t see much fans any more.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeidrich.8435

Zeidrich.8435

I like this idea. This would be a great addition to guild-oriented activities. I was disappointed when there wasn’t a GvG battle in this game.

I would ask that instead of a set time, there would be matches multiple times per day. Not everyone plays on the same schedule, so there will be missed opportunities.

I would like to see that at the top of each hour for 2-6 hours (more if players want more flexibility), the guild leader or senior members of the guild would submit the guild into the battle queue. This would put them into a queue which would match them up with another guild in the next hour (or half-hour).

Preferably, Anet would assign an Elo rating for each guild, so that matches would be even. How the Elo rating is determined would be up to a (hopefully) paid statistician.

Afterwards, the guild leader or senior member of the guild calls the guild to enter the GvG battle, which would last 1 hour. I found that 2 hours is draining and any less simply not enough.

Although I dislike the idea of the “Rallying” the troops for GvG, since some people don’t PvP or want to do something else. Making them have to choose on a pop-up dialogue box to enter the guild battle would be distracting.

Instead I like the idea that each guild member who wants to join in would select in the Guild panel or PvP panel to enter the guild battle voluntarily at the appointed time.

This is similar to the Siege War feature in the game, Runes of Magic, isn’t it? Just hope it doesn’t stay in beta for 4+years =P

“This above all: to thine own self be true.”
-William Shakespeare

in Suggestions

Posted by: solidsnake.3906

solidsnake.3906

Yes. Very nice feedbacks about the idea indeed
The farms idea could be a good add. Dungeon with exclusive rewards is needed to attract the players to the war.
The poop up dialog box idea for guild members choose if they want go to war is essential and i forgot to say it before.
I guess its better and more funny many guilds on map trying to get a castle instead of 1 vs 1 guild which can be very boring if a guild is better geared and organized than the other.
As i said before this is an idea i got from the siege of Ragnarok Online, called War of Emperium and with some modifications it could be applied very well on Guild Wars 2.

(edited by solidsnake.3906)