Feminine Armor for Female Asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mr Cranch.3768

Mr Cranch.3768

Could we give the poor female Asura more armor that doesn’t look like her big brother’s hand-me-downs?

I spent a long time previewing (and mixing and matching) cultural and dungeon and crafted armor, just trying to find something that looked feminine. So little of it, for Asura, was clearly distinguished from the corresponding male armor. Luckily I found a proper dress in the Winged armor, but really, why should such a thing be so rare?

In general, it seems that female armor is either R-rated or androgynous. Hey, I like the R-rated stuff well enough, but modest dresses would be in order, too, and perfectly suited to the girlish Asura.

(edited by Moderator)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I’ve always liked the fact Asura dress rather unisex. It -IMHO- goes well in hand with the idea that their society places more importance on intellect and achievement, than gender. Although, for folks in general, I’d not be adverse to at least the option of girly-Asura wardrobe. It’ll make someone’s day, at least.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Suggestions

Posted by: CapN Biku.6024

CapN Biku.6024

I’m definitely for the option of feminine armour, but just the option, since I have both a female Asura that fits better in the male versions and a female Asura that would fit better in the female option

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

It’s a cultural thing. Asura as a culture don’t do that because they don’t care. At the same time I could see wayward Asura females being corrupted by the strange ideas of humans, primarily, and wanting to try out girly things. As an experiment, of course…

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

Even if it is in the culture, a woman is woman.

And it is not allowed to add armor to accessories to give a touch of feminism.

# Asura because I’m worth it!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pantsdragon.5703

Pantsdragon.5703

I don’t really think the game needs feminine armor; there are already enough complaints as is about some armor sets looking skimpy.

EDIT: Though I am for adding dresses.

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

How does this make any sense, they’re not even the same species, let alone being a different culture. There is no basis with which to judge the Asura mentality by Human standards. That’s like saying an Alligator should want to show off it’s plumage because birds do it. They’re interested in entirely different things. You are a human, so you want to treat them by that standard. ANet said, “they are not human, they don’t think like humans, they don’t act like humans, this is how they do things,” which is only right and proper.

Cuddling them all up in cute little dresses and whatever might by fun and humorous, but only for us. For them it would make no sense.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

in Suggestions

Louveepine.7630

It’s still a bit in the genes will attract the male!

The asurettes must have their little “trick” for them has attracted the male has to choose anyway! = o

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Oh please. Of course female Asura use “girly things”. Take a look at the female-only hairstyles with the fluffy bows and crap on them! It was just lazy design on Anet’s part. They could’ve easily made female versions for Asura equipment. Just because it is feminine doesn’t mean it has to go all stereotypical with cleavage and stuff; there could be subtle differences between the genders.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Femsura should have the option to wear frillier gear. That’s all we’re asking for, not for stereotypical steel-thong-with-stats armor, just an option to wear something else than authoritarian gear.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Suggestions

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

How does this make any sense, they’re not even the same species, let alone being a different culture. There is no basis with which to judge the Asura mentality by Human standards. That’s like saying an Alligator should want to show off it’s plumage because birds do it. They’re interested in entirely different things. You are a human, so you want to treat them by that standard. ANet said, “they are not human, they don’t think like humans, they don’t act like humans, this is how they do things,” which is only right and proper.

Cuddling them all up in cute little dresses and whatever might by fun and humorous, but only for us. For them it would make no sense.

I was entirely in agreement with this until I looked through the Asuran armours. It isn’t just that the cultural armour isn’t feminine, but that all of the armour is the male versions. Whilst no it doesn’t make sense to assume that Asuran females would dress like human females, it also doesn’t make sense for them all to dress like human males. Even if the outfits were going to be gender neutral then there should really be just as many male asuras wearing human female clothes as female asuras in human male clothes. The current system seems to be that “gender neutral=male” rather than “gender neutral=asuras don’t share human clothing standards”.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I just dye my armor pinks & purples to look more feminine- what I’d like is better hairstyles for the Asura, both male & female. But I’m certainly not against having more feminine armor for female asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: constantLogic.3486

constantLogic.3486

Showing skin from an asura at all is kind of tripping on the “furry” side, which probably isn’t somewhere Anet wants to go. Asura aren’t attractive, they’re cute, and their culture is different from the narrow-minded “this isn’t feminine” thinking. Now, for “real life” terms, probably for the same reason I can’t have more attractive, skimpier armour for any of my males, less non-skimpy “feminine” real armour stuff for any of my women, or good-looking leather armour in general. They just didn’t consider it, but they probably should have, as it’s something some of their demographic really wants.

in Suggestions

Oglaf.1074

Showing skin from an asura at all is kind of tripping on the “furry” side, which probably isn’t somewhere Anet wants to go.

That’s ironic because Gladiator armour shows male and female Asura topless. Now, Asura don’t have knockers or bazoongas, but still it makes you feel really awkward wearing it.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kitcat.1739

Kitcat.1739

Feminine does NOT equal skimpy

Just thought I’d throw that up here.

“Premade”
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

The idea of ‘feminine’ is different for Asura, having no boobs of their own (which is what human men only seem to care about).

in Suggestions

Louveepine.7630

Female do not mean: doll’s naked.

I meant, have belts, or rather a small flourish ’skin, softer, with a pin or something “Girl”

in Suggestions

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

The asurettes must have their little “trick” for them has attracted the male has to choose anyway! = o

It’s all about the ears, man, it’s all about the ears.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in Suggestions

Oglaf.1074

The idea of ‘feminine’ is different for Asura, having no boobs of their own (which is what human men only seem to care about).

You have to realize that there is no difference in equipment; there is just one set (male). Just because they don’t want to flaunt their mammies doesn’t mean they automatically want to wear men’s clothing.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

You have to realize that there is no difference in equipment; there is just one set (male). Just because they don’t want to flaunt their mammies doesn’t mean they automatically want to wear men’s clothing.

This makes the erroneous presumption that they have such a distinction, which there is no reason for them to. That is just what they where. It is what they, as a culture, have found to be the most efficient and effective. And since they are all about superior design and such, that is what they all wear. “feminine” for an Asura would constitute pointless attition frills for no relevant effect. Why bother with a second design for the same thing that serves no additional purpose?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kitcat.1739

Kitcat.1739

A lot of light armor is fairly ornate…maybe they could just give female asura the option to wear light armor regardless of profession? At the very least, it would get my poor baby out of that trench coat she’s been stuck in…

“Premade”
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

And the sexy smell of engine oil wafting from her that gets male Asuran hot. ^^

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

Yep. In gw1, there was a mini quest where you have to help out a poor Asuran male who has tiny ears. You give him a pair of leaves to make him look bigger so he can attract the ladies. lulz