Few suggestions - Updated

in Suggestions

Posted by: munk.4829

munk.4829

I know some of these have been addressed by arena net and some have already been suggested by other players ( properly most of them have already)

account bound dyes – ( i know this have been said recently)
Benefit will be that we don’t have to pay for a dye like celestial and abyss and other expensive dyes more than ones, and i know that others aswell as myself have been in the situation where you would like this.
disadvantage of having account bound dyes is the economy, if dyes where account bound they would proberly get alot lower in prices since people wont need them as much anymore.
link to post that got recently made: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Dye-Account-bound

option to buy in bulk from vendors
Best way to explain what I mean is by an example.
When we had the dragonbash, you could buy the dragon something cakes that gave you magic found bonus.
you had to buy these one at a time with a stupid “are you sure” popup each time.
so if you had enough for 1000 of these cakes you had to make 2000 clicks.

Instead they should make it so you could lets say Shift + left click an item and then choose how many you would like to buy and then get the confirmation “are you sure, this would cost xx for xx cakes” and then you could either hit accept or cancel.
this would make it 2 clicks instead of 2000 clicks.

bigger crafting material stacks in bank
We can only deposit 250 crafting materials of same item in the bank, (250 mithril ore, 250 softwood so on), this is really a BIG pain in the kitten (sorry for the language), whats wrong with being able to deposit 1000 materials of each crafting material in the bank.
I know alot of you would proberly say this isent a problem, but i know from myself and alot other players that they hate this.

Duelling
I know this will come, so i wont say much about this.

Pristine Fractal Relics
Should be banked in account wallet aswell, makes no sense that all other things get in there but these don’t.

Pet names should be remembered
I read a post some time ago where a game director told us that the reason pet names aint remembered is that i only remember names for the current pet ( if i remember this correct)
But really they should make it so you could name all your pets if you want to, and so they get remembered, I always enjoyed naming my pets in games and hate seeing them all being called “Juvenile Brown bear Cup from Hell”.

More player created content
We need more content like the election between Kiel and Gnashblade where we as players have a influence of the direction the world will take. (But properly made better than how it worked this time around, since you can’t go to a election in really life and vote more than ones)

Improved UI
Possible a more flexible UI, where you have to option to move the thing around like party frames, bars, minimap, options (in top left corner)
maybe also a possibility to make things bigger and smaller individually, and maybe also the chance of hiding stuff.
Also another great UI improvement would be the ability to see how much health a mob have shen targeted (i know you can see this in the top screen) but what i mean is a actual number 460.000/ 800.000 so you can see how much they have in total and how much health they have left.

The ability to see when a world boss spawn
Just like how the new “scarlet minions have spawned” popup in middle of the screen when the event start (came after the patch yesterday)

Another monthly achivment
I know a lot of people get there monthly achievement list completed fast ( you can say all you want about them being rushers, no-lifers and such) but the fact is still there that they are to easy for some.
So how about making another achievement list thats harder (another monthly, or 3 month achievement thing) where you have to complete a set of 10 achievements (intend of 4) from a list of lets say 15 different things.
(And no i dont want them to remove the monthly, but just add another harder one).

Suggested by friends
AOE loot on boss chests
The ability to loot boss chests with the aoe loot button

Dungeon creator leaves group, and everyone gets a kick
I Guess everyone have tryed this senario, where the creator leaves because he gets mad for some reason.
And what happens then? everyone get a shoe in there butt and gets thrown out of the dungeon.
What they need to do is making it possible for rest of the group to continue and finnishing the dungeon.

Last note
I know some of you will properly try and troll this post, or start raging on me for either being a noob or something else.
But please try and keep the thread clear from flame wars, after all remember just because you thing differently doesn’t mean others are in the wrong for thinking the way they do.

(edited by munk.4829)

in Suggestions

Posted by: TamarinNOR.3251

TamarinNOR.3251

Nice list. Should also be able to open stuff in bulks too. Or salvage things in bulks. Not sure if it already is an option for this.

in Suggestions

munk.4829

Updated 16/09-13
Ability to move arrowcarts
A guildmate and I where doing some WvW the other day and came to talk about the arrowcarts we put up. and figured it would be a good adition to be able to move them around.
When you picked up a arrowcart for moving other players should be able to see you move it around and while moving you where doing so in the same speed as when walking (normally your running), you should be able to move up the ramps inside keeps and towers, but not through the “waygates” at ports and up stairs, and you shouldnt be able to waypoint with them either.
So basicly if the arrowcart is putup inside a tower, then you cant move it outsite the tower, and if you have it set up on the walls, then you won’t be able to move it down unless theres a ramp.
And ofc you shouldn’t be able to use it while moving it.

Ingame bosstimers
We currently have sites with dragon timer on them, (sites like gw2stuff.com and guildwarstemple.com) where we are able to see boss timers and there current progress in pre-events and such.
What would be awesome where a in-game overlay that showed the status of gods and there progress in there pre-events, and of course the options where you could set which gods you want to see when you want them to popup and such (kinda like how gw2stuff.com dos it), and again the ability to place it where you want (the improved UI section of this post).

Improved tradebrokers
The search feature at trading posts ain’t worth much, so these features would be more than welcome in the future:
1. The ability to search for armor types (heavy, medium, light)
2. The ability to search for stat combinations (eg. you want power and precesion item, then you should be able to search for items with this combination only).
3. A new trinket category for backpieces.
4. A new category called skins that contain subcategorys for weapons, armor, towncloth etc.
5. Subcategorys for “Crafting Material” where your able to choose the different crafting tiers.
6. We got a checkbox called “Only show Available”, we need a new checkbox called “usable items only”, where we only see the items avaiable for your level and under).

follow
The ability to follow on another player, this is a nice feature if your going away for a bit, but this should be disabled when inside WvW or PvP.

Invite, kick from party when inside WvW^
We need to be able to invite and kick people from party with right click on the name while inside WvW or atleast the ability to /kick “name”, /invite “name”.
It’s really annoying that while inside WvW all you cna get is a “report” button.

Crafting
a checkbox with “open all tabs as default” when clicking “h” and going to crafting,
this is because you have to scroll through all the stuff you have eg. if you have to find some refinements, so if this checkbox aint checked all categoryes should be closed as default and if checked they should be open as default.

(edited by munk.4829)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sovsen.3458

Sovsen.3458

Super thread! All very good suggestions!

We also need raid dungouns for 10 players and 25 players!
So anoying you can only group with 5 at the time
Raid options in www would be great too! Then you could follow overall health etc.

Sovgodt

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tartarus.6079

Tartarus.6079

Some nice ideas my friend sur hope that they see this and put it in the game
i know that some people is finding it hard to keep the enthusiasm with game
yes there is the living story wich as i see it is only for hardcore players yes a casual can do the things too but the time before the event ends is too short for a casual to expirense the full story and there by get the achivement points
but then again some would argue that that is how it should be that hardcore players should be able to get more out of the game and that might be true but the broard public is not hardcore players but hardworking people playing a few hours a day
and for them to be able to get the full store they have to use there full weekend ingame and not spend time with there friends an family
what i am calling for is that there is more effort into global content like the things Munk is calling for and that the living story lasts maby a month or 2 instead of the now 14 days

in Suggestions

munk.4829

Hey, its been some time since my last update, so here goes some more suggestions:

Updated 11/10-13
Ingame calendar
We need a ingame calendar where you can create/ edit/ delete events (if you have the permissions for this), this could be used for creating events for WvW, missions, dungeons and more.
You should be able to ofcourse set the date and time for the event, but also invite whole guild or certain players in the guild.

updated permission system
At the moment when you give a member a rank where he can invite to the guild, then he automaticly have the ability to kick aswell, these things should be a seperat option in the permission section for the ranks,

Last online
We need to be able to see when a person was last online, at the moment in my guild we have over 300+ danish members, and only a handful of these is actually playing.

Multiple guild
This feature should be remove, this ain’t beneficial and is full of broken things.

This was all i had for now, will proberly add more later