Finish Meteorlogicus! (Suggestions)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hamartia.3421

Hamartia.3421

Meteorlogicus Suggestions:

General ideas:

-Increased chance of environmental weather effects.

-Floating “star” particles added to various moves. Similar to the blue dots that several Guardian moves spew out.

-Can apply different effects for Swiftness than default, such as some floating stars/clouds in a trail behind someone with swiftness. This works for all classes.

-Cloud footprints gets thrown around a lot. I’m not a fan.

Main Effect:

-A Ray of Light, as if from the heavens, can replace spell effects for several of the scepter wielding classes. This could be similar to the effect that appears above the carrier in the new Crab guild challenge. A more transparent and blue one, with visible stars, would suit this legendary better.

Elementalist

-Dragon’s Tooth replaced with Ray of Light. Perhaps a piece of Moon Rock descends downwards from within it… or the ray of light charges up and then explodes.

Other ideas:
-Change all fire to a blue-white/sunlight colored… with some floating star particles. Maybe a bit too much.

-Change Earth 2 to coat the wearer in pieces of whiteish moon rock rather than normal rock.

-Water 3 no longer becomes a Trident—the scepter glows brightly instead.

-Earth 3 changes color to be whiter/with stars.

Guardian:

-Scepter 2 becomes a Ray of Light beaming down from the heavens—like the effect that appears above the carrier in the new Crab guild challenge.

-Scepter 3 could bind the enemy with Stars/clouds instead.

Mesmer
-I am unfamiliar with Mesmer moves. Sorry.

Necromancer:

-Effects aren’t really going to suit the class, but nor does this legendary.

“Grasping Dead”—uses Ray of Light like Guardian 2 move. Instead of hands of the dead, could be blue-ish spirits reaching up from the underworld.

-1 move does a flash of stars instead of a flash of blood.

(edited by Hamartia.3421)

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

Oh no one cares. :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rafujin.1498

Rafujin.1498

Oh no one cares. :P

i care becouse this would be a nice change that would make me want to get it

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

Well thank you very much

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

Anyone know if Anet has confirmed they are working on it?

in Suggestions

Posted by: NickChabby.8907

NickChabby.8907

I’m also curious. As a casual player who has barely two or three hours to play sometime, I’ve been working a lot on Meteorlogicus for months and I’m still a bit disappointed about the lack of additional effects.

… When you have things like Bifrost, Twilight or Incinerator which leaves footsteps, it surprises me there is nothing else but the skin with the legendary scepter. At least, some clouds as footsteps, just to be on the same level as the others.

I mean, those hunting the Meteorlogicus put the same amount of effort as any other legendaries hunters, so why don’t we have the same amount of effects?

(edited by NickChabby.8907)

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

Very true. I really hope Dragon’s Tooth gets a special appearance.

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

Any other ideas for Meteorlogicus?

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

bumpitty bump bump bump.

in Suggestions

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

I’m also curious. As a casual player who has barely two or three hours to play sometime, I’ve been working a lot on Meteorlogicus for months and I’m still a bit disappointed about the lack of additional effects.

… When you have things like Bifrost, Twilight or Incinerator which leaves footsteps, it surprises me there is nothing else but the skin with the legendary scepter. At least, some clouds as footsteps, just to be on the same level as the others.

I mean, those hunting the Meteorlogicus put the same amount of effort as any other legendaries hunters, so why don’t we have the same amount of effects?

Uh, The Dreamer (which my ranger carries) doesn’t have those additional effects either. My wife just made the legendary scepter was disappointed to learn that has the same lack of effects that the Dreamer has.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Momma Gem.7398

Momma Gem.7398

I agree! I’ve been working toward Meteorlogicus for my main character, but I’m really disappointed akittens lack of effects. So much work was put into the other Legendaries – it seems like the scepter was the last one on the list and got cut short.

On another note, The Dreamer shoots rainbows and unicorns, so I wouldn’t call that no special effects

in Suggestions

Posted by: megakittytron.5971

megakittytron.5971

I too would also like to see some additional effects. I just crafted this scepter on my mesmer and don’t get me wrong, i really like it, but compared to other legendaries this one could use some cloud footsteps or something.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vyko.6953

Vyko.6953

Yes, some effects please. Meteorlogicus is a legendary which isnt noticeable very much! It just leaves a trail, but that trail is short and not really noticeable…
I really enjoy playing scepter on my elementalist, so I really want to have a legendary scepter. I have all materials for Meteorlogicus ready, but I still havent crafted it – Im waiting for its update, OR a new legendary scepter, because I want a legendary sceper that has legendary effects!

#ELEtism

in Suggestions

Posted by: Momma Gem.7398

Momma Gem.7398

Oooh, oohh, this thread got me thinking. What about a spell effect that looks like a comet??