First Legendary Armor - Phoenix Set

in Suggestions

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

This would be the first legendary armor, if implemented.

To receive an Armor Box containing the whole set, throw the following into the Mystic Forge.

One of three new precursors – one for heavy armor, one for medium, one for light. These would be used in all legendary armors of that type. Dictates which version of the armor you receive.

Gift Of Fortune

Gift Of Mastery

Gift of The Phoenix (This slot dictates the specific legendary armor, when others are added) –
Vial of Liquid Flame
Gift of History
100 Icy Runestones
250 Piles of Crystalline Dust

Effects of the Phoenix Set

New movement particle (overwritten by legendary weapons) – you occasionally leave flaming feathers floating behind you as you run.

New jumping and falling animation – great wings of fire sprout from your back as you jump or fall. More subtle on jumps.

New landing animation – a firey crater is left on impact.

New animation on entering downed state – bits of ash fly off of your character as you struggle for survival.

New animation on defeat – become a pile of ashes.

New animation on being revived from defeated state – you are reborn in a burst of fire.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Toast.6459

Toast.6459

If, big if, this were ever implemented then my feedback would be:

Wings should be ever present hover a little above the ground when stationary and moving
They should fan out and flap once or twice for when you near the ground from falls, obviously you would still take the fall damage but still get the look
Skills like leap of faith instead of jumping, you would tuck in the wings and fly toward your target in a “speeding bullet” fashion

Yeah, it’d be cool, but I kind of doubt we’ll get it, at least anytime soon. Oh and no precursors, there’s enough RNG right now. Maybe a token of some sorts you get from a future (hard, not fractals hard, truly hard) dungeon used to purchase a “template” that decides what version you get, but no RNG.

(edited by Toast.6459)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

I like the idea of phoenix armor
The cool thing of it is that the concept would work well with any of the armor types.
Could you come up with more legendary armors?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phoenix.7845

Phoenix.7845

Instead of 250 piles of dust there should be a variable crafting material so that you can get different stats on the armor not just soldier one.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DarkChaos.4326

DarkChaos.4326

Not a fan of having the same grindy mats/things as regular legendaries or if a Phoenix is the way to go with the first armour set.

I heavily support legendary armour sets.

My main concern is for people who don’t want the full set (to mix and match pieces to their liking).
And how many pieces or what pieces would you need for the animations to work?
Would people feel like they are forced to use pieces they don’t like just because they like the animations?

These are all issues that would have to be looked after for something that comes in pieces rather than a single unit.
For weapons it is simply: Can I use it? —> Do I enjoy using that weapon type? —> Do I like what it looks like? —> Is it worth the time and effort to obtain? (Compared to an alternative). *Some people may rank appearance over how fun the weapon is to use.

It would likely be better if it was made in pieces. (Maybe making crafting finally useful?!) for those who don’t want the aesthetic of a full set, while also giving a sense of progression after making an individual piece.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Toast.6459

Toast.6459

Not a fan of having the same grindy mats/things as regular legendaries or if a Phoenix is the way to go with the first armour set.

My main concern is for people who don’t want the full set (to mix and match pieces to their liking).
Would people feel like they are forced to use pieces they don’t like just because they like the animations?

These are all issues that would have to be looked after for something that comes in pieces rather than a single unit.
For weapons it is simply: Can I use it? —> Do I enjoy using that weapon type? --> Do I like what it looks like? —> Is it worth the time and effort to obtain? (Compared to an alternative). *Some people may rank appearance over how fun the weapon is to use.

It would likely be better if it was made in pieces. (Maybe making crafting finally useful?!) for those who don’t want the aesthetic of a full set, while also giving a sense of progression after making an individual piece.

Well if you want the full animation set makes sense that you need the whole set of armor, but from my standpoint if you’re taking the time to get it, you probably aren’t going to want to mix it with anything.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DarkChaos.4326

DarkChaos.4326

For weapons it is simply: Can I use it? —> Do I enjoy using that weapon type? --> Do I like what it looks like? —> Is it worth the time and effort to obtain? (Compared to an alternative). *Some people may rank appearance over how fun the weapon is to use.

Well if you want the full animation set makes sense that you need the whole set of armor, but from my standpoint if you’re taking the time to get it, you probably aren’t going to want to mix it with anything.

Probably why I thought of pieces being crafted individually.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

A legendary items need reworked to make precursors CRAFTED and the 250 stacks of items reduced to mor elike a hundred if that. Grinding is not legendary…it is simple tedium.