First Person View mode?

First Person View mode?

in Suggestions

Posted by: P One Gore.2304

P One Gore.2304

I’ve been interested in making machinima for a while now, and decided that I wanted to try doing so with GW2 over a certain other MMO I used to play.

However, one of the problems I’m having is the lack of a first person view mode for camera angles that wouldn’t involve my character.

I wanted to make a suggestion, in hopes to help other machinimators (and gamers for reasons outside of machinima) to add in a first person view, where we don’t see the back of our characters’ skulls?

Tarnished Coast ~ Crimson Illuminati
Human: Seton Stamos-Thief/Angeni Stamos-Ranger
Norn: Anska Warborn-Warrior

First Person View mode?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zyphent.2967

Zyphent.2967

Lots and lots of demand for this, since launch.

I’d love a Machinima community to pop up for GW2, right now its not happening. However, try these methods for filming as a temporary workaround untill we get a first person mode:

-Use a sleeping asura character, zoom all the way in, hide your UI.

-Purchase Charged Potions off the Trading Post (they’re super cheap), zoom all the way in and angle your camera up slightly.

These aren’t fixes, but they’re the best we’ve got for now.

First Person View mode?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Erewhon.2590

Erewhon.2590

This is huge and necessary, not just for machinima, but for those who want to live the dream of VRMMO when the oculus rift finally comes out XD

First Person View mode?

in Suggestions

Posted by: MacAtk.4753

MacAtk.4753

yes I have been waiting for the game to get its act together an make us the quote best MMORPG and give us first person mode and I never see them respond to the question therefore dont hold your breath expecting this unless it can be done 3rd party with I dont know if they would allow it.

First Person View mode?

in Suggestions

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

I’ve been wanting an fps mode also. Guild Wars 1 had it. I don’t understand why they removed it. Sometimes I wanna record something in game without my character in the way all the time.

Certified Gameaholic

First Person View mode?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amiceli.3847

Amiceli.3847

True story guys it also could help at jumping puzzles and other things where the camera is bugging all the time because you can’t get a correct angle to see where you are heading!

First Person View mode?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lianu.1390

Lianu.1390

True story guys it also could help at jumping puzzles and other things where the camera is bugging all the time because you can’t get a correct angle to see where you are heading!

I agree. First Person would be awesome for the jumping puzzles. As it is, I can’t do some of them on my charr or norn because their shoulders BLOCK all view of the camera. I actually hosted a “guild event” where all guild members have to race to the end of Troll’s Garden (removes the need for leveling for the event) because it’s just so difficult. The reward to the winner of the blind jumping contest was a mini-pack. :P

I love the jumping puzzles and to explore, but it’s such a pain on my norn/charr to do them, especially the ones with limited space, so I usually skip them on those races. :/

First Person View mode?

in Suggestions

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I’d personally probably never use this, however the implications for machinima are crucial in creating a thriving, creative community around the game.