Fix thief invisibility bug.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Thiefs being able to attack in stealth not being able to be targeted or seen,think it says enough and it starts to be come a real annoyance,people purposely abuse it now.Needs to be fixed,they can be in constant stealth while being able to attack you and yourself not being able to a thing back but blindly start hitting air in the hopes you hit him,yeah awesome.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Culwenimos.1594

Culwenimos.1594

I doubt they can attack you with stealth constantly on. It might seem so since you die quickly to backstab thieves but that’s a different topic.

Are you talking about them constantly entering stealth?

Or you cannot see them literally due to graphics or culling etc?

in Suggestions

Posted by: D I V A.6018

D I V A.6018

Yes, this exploit is used by many thieves who are deathly afraid of one fair fight.

I begged Anet at least a dozen time to remove this exploit from this game (and also other thief-exploits) but to be honest, I don’t think Anet is worried about that in PvP…

For some awkward reason, other things are more important.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Abigor.4952

Abigor.4952

I don’t know what causes it and whether it’s a bug or not, but it happened to me sometimes in pvp when thief just stands in front of me and shoots volleys in my face and I can’t see him nor target him(only see the bullets flying out of thin air). Which is actually really annoying,

in Suggestions

Posted by: Culwenimos.1594

Culwenimos.1594

Well, I think a constructive thing to do is to get screenshots and information such as server, PvP map, your system specs, your OS etc. Then use the personal support to submit the screenshots as attachments.

They would want to replicate this ‘bug’ using your information and then they will be able to figure it out a solution.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Abigor.4952

Abigor.4952

I guess vids would be more useful, hard to prove by a screen that thief is in constant stealth…unless you do a lot of it so that anet can print it out and browse quickly. xP

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

It appears to be a side-effect of how the client loads models. Sometimes it takes ages for the model to load, so they appear invisible.

The annoying part is that the model is not shown until completely loaded, and the name labels seem to be part of the model, so you can’t even see their name labels and selection circles on the ground before the model ends loading, effectively making their stealth last longer.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

It appears to be a side-effect of how the client loads models. Sometimes it takes ages for the model to load, so they appear invisible.

The annoying part is that the model is not shown until completely loaded, and the name labels seem to be part of the model, so you can’t even see their name labels and selection circles on the ground before the model ends loading, effectively making their stealth last longer.

Yes it certainly looks like to be this issue,but i also have to say that i do not experience this with all thief encounters for some reason.Its just that i made this thread because it happend in wvwvw today again while i was 1vs1,no other people around but me and him,fps was fine,had no latency lag aswell so that wouldn’t be the case is my guess.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Valot.7954

Valot.7954

My main is a Thief. I can say there have been a few times I’ve gone stealth and after doing a backstab the player will either stand there or attempt to run away. Not sure if they are running because they can’t see me or if they are just trying to get away in general. I haven’t heard of any exploits with stealth so might just be a lag issue.

in Suggestions

Posted by: zoobaby.7804

zoobaby.7804

It’s a known issue, generally only (un)seen in WvWvW. I think (and I could be wrong) that it was an issue in sPvP as well, but they fixed it. I’d call it a band-aid fix though as I don’t think Anet can fix it in the WvWvW environment.

The cap point changes helped, but going from full health to dead and spiked without seeing your attacker, still isn’t fun.

SBI native and Altoholic
[Rage] Smelly Tree Sap — Band Camp Babe — Bannned Character--Spooner